Garricks performance at centre

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Yep, that is obviously the plan but we are pretty solid for backrowers atm and are lacking out wide (imo) with Saab out…
Parker has shown he is capable of filling a role that we really need atm - contrary to the opinion of our esteemed @BOZO, speed will only get you so far if you keep missing your marks in defence…
Parker has missed plenty of tackles against the faster backs
As we can not tackle players we can not catch
Every year every club recruits players and upgrades
Our club has done that this year and this is why Parker is in the lower grades
You may not agree but those are the facts
Slow in the modern game is a Liability
And this is why Parker is no longer considered a back by our coaching staff
As a back rower he also does not have the dynamics
The proof is in the pudding and Parker is in NSW cup

Actually [ well just my take ] a little bit more upside then Talau and Ray Ray and probably eventually Faulalo .
Young Hoppa looks to be in good favor with the coaching staff and a good prospect but some way off .
Talau did look quite capable against the Roosters and just have to see how it goes from here
Paulo has some quite good speed apparently , hasn 't been that noticeable yet but could come to the fore more if he can retain his spot and with more opportunities [ or long range ]
B T W , how do you get your In Laws [ dinner ] through Australian customs if they ever visit
They know people who know people @:D

RE Paulo - he does seem to have some speed and a bit of footwork but his inability to gain any ground in the tough runs out our 20, his seemingly consistent overrunning of his centre and his defensive reads is what troubles me.

I would have liked Rubes to stay on the wing and us find a good solid experienced centre to compliment Koula. Easier said than done, I guess.

I would have liked Rubes to stay on the wing and us find a good solid experienced centre to compliment Koula. Easier said than done, I guess.
Perception is a Wonderful thing
and I see Rubes as a Wonder boy in the centres

Considering he is new at centre at NRL level his defence will improve the more centre game time he has
Rubes is one of those Manly classic dynamic fast centres of the past
There is no doubt he looked good in attack in those first 15 minutes against Parra.

Parker has missed plenty of tackles against the faster backs
As we can not tackle players we can not catch
Every year every club recruits players and upgrades
Our club has done that this year and this is why Parker is in the lower grades
You may not agree but those are the facts
Slow in the modern game is a Liability
And this is why Parker is no longer considered a back by our coaching staff
As a back rower he also does not have the dynamics
The proof is in the pudding and Parker is in NSW cup
Straight question @BOZO

Well actually 2..

Has Reuben made good defensive reads on sweeping backline movements so far?
Was Parker better in those same situations?

Because THAT is where we are getting scored on atm… I do get what you are saying and Parker did get burnt on the outside occasionally but more-often he did not as his positional play was on-point…

Yep, that is obviously the plan but we are pretty solid for backrowers atm and are lacking out wide (imo) with Saab out…
Parker has shown he is capable of filling a role that we really need atm - contrary to the opinion of our esteemed @BOZO, speed will only get you so far if you keep missing your marks in defence…
But wil head coach, Tubby the Tuba, work it out and make the right call?
IMG_9524.jpeg

Here’s coach Tubby with Lachlan Croker:
IMG_9525.jpeg

Not sure why Garricks defence is copping so much criticism. They scored 2 tries down Garricks side.

Blaize just before half time. Off a scrum, Parra set up with 4 on the left and 2 on the right. For some reason we set up with 3 and 3 which is an error of process not an individual error. Garrick did well to cover the backrower and release early enough to still cover the sweeping Moses. Paulo made the misread and unnecessarily came in on Moses leaving Blaize unmarked.

Harper just after half time. This was an overlap created by Chez not trusting Guac to cover Brown and biting in(to be fair Guac may not of got there but looked to me like he would). As soon as he does this Garrick and Paulo are forced to jam in, again leaving Harper unmarked.

As usual it's very rare that these kind of tries are entirely 1 persons fault but on neither occasion was Garrick even the main contributor. The entire edge needs to be better from marker to wing.

There has been much upside to Garrick at centre, as he has already been in many highlights reels in attack after only 3 rounds, where he has been extremely dangerous on that right edge....has the speed we lacked and now him 1 side Koula the other is massive.
He does need to improve defence, but keep in mind he has been on the wing for a few years now and it's not an overnight adjustment, we need to persist and give hime some time....will develope into a Top shelf centre and is already on the way.

There has been much upside to Garrick at centre, as he has already been in many highlights reels in attack after only 3 rounds, where he has been extremely dangerous on that right edge....has the speed we lacked and now him 1 side Koula the other is massive.
He does need to improve defence, but keep in mind he has been on the wing for a few years now and it's not an overnight adjustment, we need to persist and give hime some time....will develope into a Top shelf centre and is already on the way.
Yeah I have no issue with him at centre so much as I am concerned with our wing options and I think Parker is a better player than any of them bar Saab…
Garrick will improve on his reads with game time I am sure…

I'm not sold on Garrick at centre, but good points here. His attack is dangerous, and I want us to be an attacking team, put teams on the backfoot.

Defensively I've always been told centre is the hardest position on the field, as you do get isolated so much, which is what made Jamie Lyon an elite centre, he read it so well. Garrick is very new to this, and he will learn. I think another issue has been his winger sprinting almost in front of him. Which doesn't help.

But give him time.

I'm not sold on Garrick at centre, but good points here. His attack is dangerous, and I want us to be an attacking team, put teams on the backfoot.

Defensively I've always been told centre is the hardest position on the field, as you do get isolated so much, which is what made Jamie Lyon an elite centre, he read it so well. Garrick is very new to this, and he will learn. I think another issue has been his winger sprinting almost in front of him. Which doesn't help.

But give him time.
Killer u have added to my confidence, because if there's 1 man who knows centre....it's the man himself "Killer" @;)

And who's the player inside Garrick in the defensive line? The same bloke who was inside Harper and confused the s**t out of him as well: Cherry. But really, it's pointless to point the finger at one link in that chain. The whole left side - Haumole, Cherry, Garrick and Paulo - have got to get better at reading plays and working in a cohesive manner.

They just always seem so out of sync: one will jam in, one will rush up, one will slide wide. It's a godawful mess. Surely Seibold has something in his coaching kit bag to address it, even if it's an extra two hours of trust falls and visualisation exercises a week…
I think our other side is just as bad with Vega and Ben T, both can’t tackle or hold the ball when under the pump. Ben T played a big part in Manly’s loss with his unforced errors.

Not sure why Garricks defence is copping so much criticism. They scored 2 tries down Garricks side.

Blaize just before half time. Off a scrum, Parra set up with 4 on the left and 2 on the right. For some reason we set up with 3 and 3 which is an error of process not an individual error. Garrick did well to cover the backrower and release early enough to still cover the sweeping Moses. Paulo made the misread and unnecessarily came in on Moses leaving Blaize unmarked.

Harper just after half time. This was an overlap created by Chez not trusting Guac to cover Brown and biting in(to be fair Guac may not of got there but looked to me like he would). As soon as he does this Garrick and Paulo are forced to jam in, again leaving Harper unmarked.

As usual it's very rare that these kind of tries are entirely 1 persons fault but on neither occasion was Garrick even the main contributor. The entire edge needs to be better from marker to wing.
You could be right, I might be a bit hard on his defence but what really bothers me is that he is still better than any of our other wing options at the moment but he wants to play centre. I understand why Seibs is giving him he chance but it was always gunna be problematic with a new and inexperienced (playing together) backline. And at the moment we have 2 newish wingers to compound the teething problems.

The inside backs and Turbo are working well in attack but they need to nail down their communication in defence coz even lesser quality teams with a half decent backline will still put points on us. The Dragons for example, have a decent team and at home will give us some real problems in attack.

Chopping and changing wingers isn't gunna help Rubes build confidence I wouldn't have thought.

You could be right, I might be a bit hard on his defence but what really bothers me is that he is still better than any of our other wing options at the moment but he wants to play centre. I understand why Seibs is giving him he chance but it was always gunna be problematic with a new and inexperienced (playing together) backline. And at the moment we have 2 newish wingers to compound the teething problems.

The inside backs and Turbo are working well in attack but they need to nail down their communication in defence coz even lesser quality teams with a half decent backline will still put points on us. The Dragons for example, have a decent team and at home will give us some real problems in attack.

Chopping and changing wingers isn't gunna help Rubes build confidence I wouldn't have thought.
Agreed, we have had very little stability of personnel on both edges for a long time and that makes it hard to build combinations. I believe our right edge of Guac, Chez, Garrick and Saab has the potential to be one of the best in the comp, on both sides of the ball. To get there we need them all together for an extended period. Fingers crossed when Saab returns they will get that opportunity.

The issue has been for some time the disconnect between Guac and DCE

To be fair, this is generally the weak point in all teams

A strike centre would have given Garrick more opportunities
Brad Parker is in NSW cup and at back row for Good reason
Our coaching staff finally saw the light
The reason is extremely simple...it's in Seib's best interest to have Manly finish as high up on the ladder as possible at year end, as it's his job.
I'm sure he is well aware of who is available & their ability, so yep, everyone is where they are for a good reason.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8