Garrick + Suli vs Suli + walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He can bend down but it’s such a long way to the ground that by the time he gets there he’s looking at the ball up side down and from the wrong side.
giphy.gif

Why is it everyone thinks Tom just cannot bend down, I mean FFS.
That game against bulldogs where he couldn’y get down quickly enough to stop a grubber (which went through his legs for josh reynolds try which effectively ended our season) was the main culprit. Then again slight slip ups like that shouldn’t taint his image but there’s still debate about whether it may be smarter to keep elliott there who has been typically very good (except for a few grubbers against thebroncos)

Yes you should be crucified for that. You just made "injury prone" "body on line" Turbo make 15x the tackles.
True but then again Trbo also would do a lot of damage to his knees over time with all the jumping at fullback (at least that’s what I think?).

I dunno, i’m pretty torn on the whole thing. Feels wrong to drop Elliott, but that’s a good problem to have anyways

While ever we have Walker on contract (spoiler: I not a fan of the guys hot headed character that's sidelined him for so many seaeagles games, he really ows the team) suli should be no where near FG.
The difference is chalk and cheese. For all his problems DW is a rep class centre and even with no game time under his belt did more in 80 min than Suli has all year.
We need Pace and Guile in our backline. Garrick is excellent and could very well turn out to be a really good player. DW inside will get him plenty of ball in space so some exciting times to come.
Suli looks like he will.be a forward soon with his shape and size just dont think he will have the ticker for it.

We have not seen the best of Suli

I think Suli is a keeper if his attitude has improved

You do not see Moses Suli getting man handled , he is a difficult man to tackle , look at his legs and upper body , attracts 3 defenders

Dylan walker gets rag dolled regularly , but he knows how to find the try line at the same time

It’s like ‘Scissors, Paper, Rock’ with these backliners..

They each have at least 1 trait or attribute they do better than the other 2 in contention.

At least 1 or 2 things the other 2 can’t do as well..

Nice dilemma for Des!

Being an old fashioned three-quarter myself I can't believe today's centres and wingers have to be classified as 'right' or 'left'. Surely you should be able to play both sides.
Anyway. as long as Loaf is in the team on the wing or in the centres, on the left or the right, I'll be happy.
He has been tremendous for us this season and has proven good enough to be our No. 1 goal kicker.
Inside or outside?

What walker lacks in size he makes up for it with his brains :)

He knows how to find the try line

I prefer big strong outside backs that’s all 6’0 + 100kgs

Greg Inglis
Mal meninga
Will chambers
Latrell Mitchell

Etc etc

Would be happy if he stays at the right price

But Des knows best

When Dylan played in his rightful position at centre he was nominated the best cnetre of the year 2017 ahead of Inglis , Mitchell , Chambers and the rest of the big 6'0 100kgs boys .

Dylan is still young and there is plenty of great years ahead of him

As for his past it was dealt with in all the proper channels and people who dwell in the past never move forward in their lives

Last edited:
I don’t agree. He has proven a serviceable back up; however, people are ignoring his errors. Regardless, he is not going to push any of the others out of their spots. Garrick and Parker are going too well.

Also, those calling for Elliot to take Tom’s spot and put Tom in centre amazes me. Elliot cannot and will never offer the individual attacking brilliance and link role to the rest of the backline that Tom does. Defensive units panic when Tom is in the 1 jersey - we become a very dangerous side.
They (opposition teams) would much rather have Elliot at the back than Tom.

Our team is going well enough as a unit to be fifth; however, with Tom at the back and DCE in the 7, we are a genuine threat and can take the Roosters and Storm on our day.

Elliot will likely be in the side on and off throughout the year any way, as we are bound to have someone out at any given time.
I don't remember any player post Snake that could safely defuse bombs as Elliott does. He's already showing enough confidence to run around Morris. Manly players have notoriously been inadequate in this area. He has to be in our top 17.

I don't remember any player post Snake that could safely defuse bombs as Elliott does. He's already showing enough confidence to run around Morris. Manly players have notoriously been inadequate in this area. He has to be in our top 17.
Ahead of who? Garrick has also been great under the high ball.

Tom is our best fullback by a mile.My concern is if he ends up a gimp like Inglis,Inglis was moved to centre to prolong his career because every time he ran the ball back from fullback he was limping and looked like a potential injury every play the ball(chronic knee/leg issues).Mitchell was getting injured regularly before he was moved to centre.Tall,lanky players running the ball back into the set defence are a serious risk of injury.I would hope that this years injuries do not become a regular occurrence and a fabulous athlete does not become a shell of the player....

Some tough selections coming up for the wing spot

Abbas. Miski is really solid.

Moses Suli size and strength is handy to have as well

Reuben Garrick is a good goal kicker but is small and lacks Corey Thompson type speed

But DCE and Dylan Walker can kick goals as well

Last edited:
When fit, I think the best combination is Suli + Walker + Parker +Tofua. Not the fastest combination, but the best defensively with good carries from our end. Can't remember seeing Suli in open space this year, but I think he could be a very strong finisher. Garrick has pace, but seems to lack penetration. I think his best position may be fullback - a good backup for Turbo.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8