Garrick...apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
As mentioned by someone else; the siren rubbish was bad enough but when Garrick went to speak to the ref about it, gutherson simply pushed him aside and started to ask the ref about Parker's try which had been video reviewed.

I thought Garrick did well just to go back to the sheds and gutter-bun just cemented his jerkiness.
Agree, the way Gutho pushed him away was pretty arrogant.

Even his kicking was terrible last year...I know he was not getting the delivery then that he is now but jeez he was bad... was getting minus metres in his "hit-ups", his handling was shiite and he was getting beaten very easily in defence with some real bog average efforts... there was very little to recommend him on besides his 2019 form...

Since R2 this year he has improved ALL of that... maybe Des or one of the other coaches has had an impact... SURELY that can't ALL come down to confidence??

Can it?
Confidence and the players around him have all improved big time. They are buying into the belief that they can beat penrith next time.

DCEs kicking game often puts us on the front foot... he has been great since round 5....

And yes, so he should be on his pay packet...
which is kind of what i said. once someone else gets us going DCE chips in, but if we wait for him to start proceeding then we are waiting............

in fairness he has had some good moments but great is a pretty big stretch. he can produce great plays but that in itself doesnt make him great with being much more consistent and providing a platform between great moments

without splitting hairs, yesterdays spine of croker, turbo, schuster and DCE. where would you rank DCE performance. he didnt play poorly but there is a case that he was 4th, third at best but croker was fantastic and considering the minutes the big men played, plugged holes all day for our tired pack

Even his kicking was terrible last year...I know he was not getting the delivery then that he is now but jeez he was bad... was getting minus metres in his "hit-ups", his handling was shiite and he was getting beaten very easily in defence with some real bog average efforts... there was very little to recommend him on besides his 2019 form...

Since R2 this year he has improved ALL of that... maybe Des or one of the other coaches has had an impact... SURELY that can't ALL come down to confidence??

Can it?

Around about round 5 ... when the proclaimer came on with the rant that we had the worst roster in the NRL with nil depth ..with only 5 players that would play 1st grade elsewhere ... and that we had players like Garrick, Croker, Parker that should never be allowed near a first grade team ever ...

I made the observation that I had seen all those players play good 1st grade games before .. and I asked the question ... why are players that have all previously shown they are capable of good 1st grade performances all now playing like busted bums ... not just one or two of them, but from Jake and DCE to a below par Keppie .and down to the ball boy ... and for a period of some 16 games straight ..

Answer that question, and we will be able to bottle the answer and make a fortune ..

I will be the first to apologise to the Sandwich... has not looked back since the scathing criticism he copped after the first 4 rounds where he was simply awful, down on confidence , battered in attack, woeful defence looking like a pub player he just looked disinterested
But today he closed that door well and truly behind him.

great game and great last 6/7 weeks
I too am sitting here with egg all over my face. Happy to apologise for the scathing criticism I sent Garricks way.
Yesterday he was superb, he more than contributed and his goal kicking has come on in leaps and bounds. Just one thing...which one is the true Reuben Garrick.

Have
Garrick does have his good points and is generally safe, also does well at times when he picks his runs centrally filling in at fullback.

In saying that he does bomb some tries and being so tall he is not always as effective as a low to the ground leg drive player when it comes for yardage returns when we need it.

I do think at the back end of the season Manly need more consistent quality strong go forward beyond Tom saving a poor set of six with thrust around the ruck and middle.
TC have you noticed that Garrick when carrying the ball out of our 20m zone has also developed a hit & spin which he’s used to good effect over the past month.

completely eaten my words
he was quality - almost MOM today, looking like 2019 garrick again. can definitely see him becoming a michael robertson for the club for the next 5-10 years.
I think he's going better now than he was in 2019, and his goal-kicking is becoming very important to the team, and has massively helped us repair our pts differential. His Def is better now than 2019, and his post-contact mtrs are better too.

Apologies from me are for doubting that he could identify ways to improve his game. I never bagged him or wanted him gone/dropped, but I felt and likely mentioned that he was a weak link in early rounds, without recognising his upside and improvement - which has been in play since Round-2. Game 1 was forgettable for him sure, but you couldn't ask for a better response - and for that the guy has cemented his spot in my view as a legit 1st-grade winger.

Whilst we are going humble, are there Parker/Croker threads yet..?

Let us put things in perspective here

What are we apologizing for ?

Are we accepting past mediocre team / players performances and thrashing ?

When I do not perform up to standards at work I get a kick up the arse
and when I do a great job I get a pat on the back as we all should be accountable for our actions

No apologies !!! Just Congratulations for stepping up to our Legendary clubs great standards and for making our club and supporters proud with a great performace and a Great Manly win

Keep it up boys and the your fans will keep up your praise

We love Manly
Meat pies , line breaks , Great tries
Kangaroos
and Turbo cars !!!

His goal kicking has been fantastic for the last 2 rounds, if the cheating squeels hadn’t blown the siren on him he would be 14 from 14.

Have

TC have you noticed that Garrick when carrying the ball out of our 20m zone has also developed a hit & spin which he’s used to good effect over the past month.
Haven't taken particular notice of it's effectiveness but has he not done it before?( if you are relying on such indirect ways to be effective it probably is an over-rated technique or bad habit to get into)

Will have to take a closer look now since you made me aware.

Around about round 5 ... when the proclaimer came on with the rant that we had the worst roster in the NRL with nil depth ..with only 5 players that would play 1st grade elsewhere ... and that we had players like Garrick, Croker, Parker that should never be allowed near a first grade team ever ...

I made the observation that I had seen all those players play good 1st grade games before .. and I asked the question ... why are players that have all previously shown they are capable of good 1st grade performances all now playing like busted bums ... not just one or two of them, but from Jake and DCE to a below par Keppie .and down to the ball boy ... and for a period of some 16 games straight ..

Answer that question, and we will be able to bottle the answer and make a fortune ..
The criticism of Garrick at the start of the year was a massive overreaction and completely unwarranted! Week after week he was putting his body on the line and was topping our metres gained. When the opposition made a break it was Garrick as the man chasing them to the death even though he knew he wasn't getting there. I said at the start of the year when most were criticising him that he could go down as one of Manly's great wingers and I still believe this to be true. I hope we re sign him and keep the majority of this team together for years to come.

which is kind of what i said. once someone else gets us going DCE chips in, but if we wait for him to start proceeding then we are waiting............

in fairness he has had some good moments but great is a pretty big stretch. he can produce great plays but that in itself doesnt make him great with being much more consistent and providing a platform between great moments

without splitting hairs, yesterdays spine of croker, turbo, schuster and DCE. where would you rank DCE performance. he didnt play poorly but there is a case that he was 4th, third at best but croker was fantastic and considering the minutes the big men played, plugged holes all day for our tired pack
DCE hasn't been great all year even in the wins. Yes he has moments where his long kicking game gets Manly in good field position, yes he has some nice early long flat balls to his outside backs on the right (that are sometimes overdone and overused out of franticness) but he still looks like he is lacking confidence and running directness.

Now i know running directness has never been DCE's strong point, DCE can crab and beat a defender several times sideways and still not penetrate the line with the best of them---it can look good from an adlib perspective but that's about it.

A technically good ball playing runner of the ball will "quickly" engage a defender at pace in the most direct manner possible(especially when there is numbers and space) but DCE will over complicate either through a rash hard long pass, crab sideways too much and cramp his options or generally overplay his hand.

Take for example Tom's pass for Jake's try at Brisbane, DCE is in the usual position on the right (yes this helps Tom by attracting defenders on DCE's side---but i doubt this is DCE's reasoning just more where he positions himself in this instance) but it is Tom playing like a good half should by getting in short at pace stepping to the side to engage the defender and hitting the short pass early and direct to Jake----this is what DCE should be doing more often and owning the middle when there is a fast play the ball and especially against a team down on numbers.

The Croker try short at the line to me was not a pass intended for Croker, it was delivered at such pace for a further in option----great hands from Croker though, could easily have dropped the ball due to an overly frantic hard pass aimed for someone else---again over complicating the simple.

By the way on a side note Tom's try off Josh's inside pass to me was forward but i have no problem backing the Ref as he was in line with the pass.(i still think refs just take the easy safe "backed in science option" of momentum to not call it as it is plus why ruin a nice long range try when the game was already over) Josh was running at pace(so yeah momentum has a big part) but is running ever so slightly diagonal and away from Tom making a pass back inside almost impossible at pace, along with the short distance of the pass.

Last edited:
I know this has been posted in the Rumoured signing thread, however I thought I’d throw it out here for discussion.

WINGER IN DEMAND

Manly winger Reuben Garrick is off contract and attracting much attention from rival clubs, according to his agent David Riolo. “We’ve spoken to Manly but they’re not where we want to be at this stage.” Being such an accomplished goal-kicker adds to Garrick’s value. He has an 80 per cent strike rate this year going into the game against the Knights.

With Koula coming through and likely to be pushing hard for a spot in 2022, is Reuben going to unfortunately be one to make way?

With Garrick, Parker and Walker all off contract clearly not all will be staying on.

I know this has been posted in the Rumoured signing thread, however I thought I’d throw it out here for discussion.

WINGER IN DEMAND

Manly winger Reuben Garrick is off contract and attracting much attention from rival clubs, according to his agent David Riolo. “We’ve spoken to Manly but they’re not where we want to be at this stage.” Being such an accomplished goal-kicker adds to Garrick’s value. He has an 80 per cent strike rate this year going into the game against the Knights.

With Koula coming through and likely to be pushing hard for a spot in 2022, is Reuben going to unfortunately be one to make way?

With Garrick, Parker and Walker all off contract clearly not all will be staying on.
I am not advocating Manly pulling out the cheque book to retain Sandwich but he is another good example of a player finding form when they are playing for a contract...

...I swear if clubs only offered 1 year deals we would have the most amazing football played every week...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10