• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There would be some interest I reckon. He is a great player especially in Origin time. I think it all depends if Tafua is staying or not. He could be a centre?

1. Snake
2. Tafua/Turbo
3. Gagai
4. Matai
5. Uate
6. Blake Green
7. DCE

Isn't he contracted to Knights for next season ? (not that it means much these days)

Isn't he contracted to Knights for next season ? (not that it means much these days)
Newcastle CEO Matt Gidley has issued a challenge to the club’s off-contract players, perform or perish.

The Knights have 16 players off contract in 2017 but the club is in no rush to re-sign anyone.

Instead Gidley said every player will be forced to earn a new deal by producing on the field.

Korbin Sims and Dane Gagai are the club’s two highest profile and best paid players off contract in 2017.

Gagai had a breakout year in 2016, playing the entire Origin series for the Maroons and earning man of the match honours with a hat trick in game two.

While both Gagai and Sims can expect to receive plenty of interest, they won’t be given preferential treatment as the club attempts to rebuild their roster.

“We certainly won’t be in any hurry,” Gidley told foxsports.com.au.

Newcastle CEO Matt Gidley has issued a challenge to the club’s off-contract players, perform or perish.

The Knights have 16 players off contract in 2017 but the club is in no rush to re-sign anyone.

Instead Gidley said every player will be forced to earn a new deal by producing on the field.

Korbin Sims and Dane Gagai are the club’s two highest profile and best paid players off contract in 2017.

Gagai had a breakout year in 2016, playing the entire Origin series for the Maroons and earning man of the match honours with a hat trick in game two.

While both Gagai and Sims can expect to receive plenty of interest, they won’t be given preferential treatment as the club attempts to rebuild their roster.

“We certainly won’t be in any hurry,” Gidley told foxsports.com.au.

Don't blame the Knights doing this at all. There is a point where you need to draw the line, and winning one game per season isn't exactly going to get you anywhere! Gagai will probably stay with Newcastle, he is a very good player. Gagai, Buhrer, Hodskinson and Jarrod Mullen will be the players to rebuild the club.

Don't blame the Knights doing this at all. There is a point where you need to draw the line, and winning one game per season isn't exactly going to get you anywhere! Gagai will probably stay with Newcastle, he is a very good player. Gagai, Buhrer, Hodskinson and Jarrod Mullen will be the players to rebuild the club.
When a club leaves players unsigned until the last moment they risk losing them to other clubs . That's the chance that the Knights are taking

Last edited:
I'd be going after him for sure. In a half decent side he'd be killing it, like he did in Origin. Find a pen.

I won't be surprised if Matai has one more corker of a year before he hangs up his boots. (Personally I think losing him last year really derailed our season)
2018 will definitely see us with cash to spend so it's nice to know there will be players like Whare or Gagai to consider as options.
I'm looking at next year to be a continuation of our re build but 2018 should just about see us back in the hunt as genuine contenders.

I won't be surprised if Matai has one more corker of a year before he hangs up his boots. (Personally I think losing him last year really derailed our season)
2018 will definitely see us with cash to spend so it's nice to know there will be players like Whare or Gagai to consider as options.
I'm looking at next year to be a continuation of our re build but 2018 should just about see us back in the hunt as genuine contenders.

RLW Mole reporting today, " hopes are fading for him to play in 2017", very very sad if true

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8