Fulton Memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
The best highlight package I ever seen of this Legend was on Rex Mossop show, there was a song in the background called "War horse" and it was sensational....the part of Bozo's game I found interesting was his balance, seemed to have super strengh through the hips where he seemed to bounce like a top through tackles without losing speed and this also with his swerve, which again was done without losing pace.
The complete package was also a punishing defender and had the number 1 quality that Every elite player possesses, an ultra competitive nature.
If anyone knows how to find that "Warhorse" reel would be super appreciated....Iv'e tried, but I'm hopeless on the computer.

All the memories of Bob that have come to mind over the past 24 hours strangely have had little to do with football .. visions of him down in front of the Freshie surf club with Knoxie and the Harbord boys in summer ... going into the shops up on Harbord Rd, .... seeing him on a Sunday morning down near Harbord Park during my paper run ... and in later years hanging out in the sheds .... the football memories have been replayed so many times and are legendary ... but the human side will be the most remembered by many ...

All the memories of Bob that have come to mind over the past 24 hours strangely have had little to do with football .. visions of him down in front of the Freshie surf club with Knoxie and the Harbord boys in summer ... going into the shops up on Harbord Rd, .... seeing him on a Sunday morning down near Harbord Park during my paper run ... and in later years hanging out in the sheds .... the football memories have been replayed so many times and are legendary ... but the human side will be the most remembered by many ...
Sounds like you virtually grew up with him . What a privilege !

Did you get to talk to him much ?

Sounds like you virtually grew up with him . What a privilege !

Did you get to talk to him much ?

Yeah, a fair bit .. but I was in a younger crew at the beach .. and only a Neville in the lower grades ...

I have always recalled the match at Redfern in 1976. Bozo's 200th. I was on my own, 15 years old to the south side of the old grandstand. The crowd were rabid. Fulton was knocked down about 10 metres out and crawled to the tryline to score. The rabbit supporters were falling out of the trees. I had to zip up my jacket as was suggested by a few oldies around me.
Exhilarating to say the least and a hard fought game.
View attachment 18203
Haha how feral was that place. I remember being on the hill there and an indigenous woman was standing flinging a bottle of sherry or something around her head yelling out "go wabbits". Everyone was constantly ducking waiting for it to fly out of her hands.

Yeah, a fair bit .. but I was in a younger crew at the beach .. and only a Neville in the lower grades ...
What a great life on the Majestic Northern Beaches it must have been for you all .

And the Great Bozo could have had any pretty Bikini girl he wanted

Woodsie , It would be an honour to play in a Manly jersey at any grade . Well done for having a go feathered friend !

A month or so Kirsty Fulton was giving away Bob memorabilia to true fans. It makes sense now. I started watching (and idolising) him from the start , 1966.

The best highlight package I ever seen of this Legend was on Rex Mossop show, there was a song in the background called "War horse" and it was sensational....the part of Bozo's game I found interesting was his balance, seemed to have super strengh through the hips where he seemed to bounce like a top through tackles without losing speed and this also with his swerve, which again was done without losing pace.
The complete package was also a punishing defender and had the number 1 quality that Every elite player possesses, an ultra competitive nature.
If anyone knows how to find that "Warhorse" reel would be super appreciated....Iv'e tried, but I'm hopeless on the computer.
I know I got it somewhere. Hopefully I can get it onto YouTube but I feel it will get knocked back on some licensing issue.

You my friend are a Champion !!
Great memories as Fulton was before my time....a great mate who was a halfback at St George showed me this clip and said it was his inspiration back in the 90's....and it was on a video, so didn't think anyone would have it....much appreciated

You my friend are a Champion !!
Great memories as Fulton was before my time....a great mate who was a halfback at St George showed me this clip and said it was his inspiration back in the 90's....and it was on a video, so didn't think anyone would have it....much appreciated
Who was mate at St George?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10