Full of merit

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Just back from Banjo Stadium after a long day. I'm not sure if it came across on TV but that was an heroic performance, maybe more impressive than last week.

The stadium was a cauldron and the odds stacked against our guys. It was a big time atmosphere and we responded to it magnificently. At half time I know a few of us were worried we might get run down for 2nd spot, it had that feel but our side came out full of run and the Broncos were very lucky to win in the end. Given the emotion i this game for them, against a side missing 7 top liners, theirs was a very ordinary performance and they will struggle to bounce back against the Warriors next week.

Special mention must go to Robbo. The rain of first half bombs was right in front of us and some of those balls were not just high, but had an ugly spiral on them. And each time he took the ball he was smashed for his efforts. The guy is ultra reliable and probably saved 3-4 tries today I reckon.

Mark it down, the Storm are going to struggle to beat the Knights next week and after today we look like we have the Broncos measure. Hard not to like what we saw today - not just a credit to our spirit, but also to our depth.

They worry me too as they're the one side we haven't beaten this year, or recently for that matter.

On another note, the idiot gibbons that support the Broncos were exposed tonight when they booed Anna Bligh - the same premier sleepless through the last summer as she had to be the public face of the floods and Yasi. Regardless of your political stripe, giving her such a rousing booing showed just how short sighted and idiotic the average Bronco supporter is.

The Eagle said:
We belted them last year with a lesser halfback,my concern is our team getting bored out of the game

if they watched the 1st 40 min of 9's coverage they wouldve been ultra bored LOL

From my TV it looked a bit grim at the end of the first half. Proud the way the guys stood up and won the second. If Oldfield hadn't ****ed up (excusable I suppose, but his defensive deficiencies have been exposed a while ago) we would have won. The Storm would have then had to run its A team out and beat the Chooks. With Stewart coming back our outside defenceswill be back to full strength next week. I must admit Robbo proved me very wrong at the back with his takes of the high ball. He was magnificent. We just missed Brett's zip along the backline.

It was probably a good thing Brett sat out today. The bomb was their option every single time and if Brett was out there he would have been exposed to the rough treatment that Robertson soaked up very well.

Stewy runs the defence and gets players in the right position. He is the general at the back so a lot of those line breaks would have been stopped before they started as well, and the try where robbo pointed would have been contested.

Add Hoppa as well as Forabn and we have a starting back 7.

Pittwater Legend said:
It was probably a good thing Brett sat out today. The bomb was their option every single time and if Brett was out there he would have been exposed to the rough treatment that Robertson soaked up very well.
lol
You must've forgot, Brett couldnt have played even if he was fit

How good was Cherry, the 50,000 crowd and he stood up and showed he is going to be a huge star

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8