1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front page NRL's website:

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Eagles Nest 08, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Eagles Nest 08

Eagles Nest 08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    With the penalty count 9 to 4 today, have a look at the current front page of the NRL website:

“Broncos stun Sea Eagles

Brisbane flex their premiership muscles with an impressive 18-10 win over Manly in a perfect tune-up for next Saturday night's home final against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium”

Impressive?? It’s like they had the news script written a week ago !

2. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    What nothing about the shock horror disgrace and think of the kids over Thaiday's tackle that nearly put Kite in a wheelchair. How surprising.

3. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Yeah the Broncos were almost beat by us and they put that headline in LMFAO.

4. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    all the "EXPERTS" were tipping Brisbane to towel us up LOL

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Who wrote that article?

6. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    Probably an AAP article that was written before the game with bits filled in.

7. Napper

Napper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +797 / 1
    Stevie Wonder by the looks of things

8. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    The funniest part will probably be the article following the headline with the coach's comments saying it wasn't that impressive or something

9. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,410 / 35
    in my opinion, manly walked away the winner from this game.

10. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    Just like against melbs in '08, you can sometimes walk away from a loss with a win.

11. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Just listen to both Gus and Rabs. The latter pointedly made the claim that Gallen may wish to reconsider his appraisal of the Eighth Wonder of the World's premiership chances after that performance.

When we beat them in round 12 by 34-10, they were missing Croakey, the Golliwog and 'Dutch Courage' Hodges. When they beat us today, with all the hype over the Plateglass Kid's farewell they could only beat us by 18-10. The 'experts' tipped them to towel us. We had four players unavailable through suspension, plus King, Wolfman and Hoppa Jr injured. Which was the more impressive losing performance?

12. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    Was anyone in here actually 'stunned' that we lost???

13. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,747 / 57
    I was stunned we were within a bull**** video ref decision of winning. If that was the Bonkos it would have been given a try. Benefit of the doubt on the offside if it was them.

14. Eagles Nest 08

Eagles Nest 08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Front story now changed to:

"Nervous wait for Broncos

Brisbane must sweat on an injury to fullback Josh Hoffman and a potential judiciary call for Sam Thaiday after holding out a depleted Manly to secure a home final against the Warriors next Saturday night"

15. Jono

Jono Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 5
    I agree, the last time I walked away from a loss with a smile ear to ear was the loss to Melbourne at Brookie in '08. We know what happened after that now don't we?

Brisbane played a reserve grade team and nearly lost. If they play like that next week they will be creamed by the Warriors then get the Dragons or Tigers...That's going to be Awesome!!

16. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Bongos wont have that idiot who upended Kite next week. Dangerous and driving. The Warriors should win.

17. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    The NRL & Judiciary most probably won't see it that way DSM.

18. HK_Eagle

HK_Eagle Well-Known Member

Hong Kong
    Ratings:
    +898 / 20
    Yeah, it's funny, when I first read the front page summary I was also incredulous until I realized it was most likely a lazy piece of journalism. I too was all smiles after this "loss".