From the Lurker.....again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
Things are getting tense in Sydney
One Sydney club is having serious problems getting under the salary cap for 2017.
They have had to delay announcing several signings until other players are shifted and the books are balanced.
And at least one potential new recruit is getting nervous, instructing his manager to talk to other clubs just in case his deal falls through.
Others are steering players clear of the joint until their financial situation is sorted.

then this............

Ask the Lurker
Dean Whare to Manly?
The Lurker: The Sea Eagles would be happy with that but they are busy sorting out their finances at the moment.

Hope it's not us, I couldn't bear any more bad news!! We've signed a few but not really big names. The Eels have resigned & bought quite a few hi profile players! How the hell they're able to do this after all the salary cap issues & financial disaster from this year is beyond me. Penrith??

Last edited:
It's a media created Storm in a tea cup. It's amazing news actually.

We have players signed up. It could be inferred, expensive high profile players.

Yeah So we have to sort out Matai and potentially others leaving before these new signing fit in our cap.

Kind of makes one excited to know who we've signed.

Snake returns when? Did someone say the 1st of November?

Hahahahaha... Ah lol if we have cap problems we are up shut creek without a paddle if we can't sort out money after letting go half the squad and losing Lyon, matai and Mateo (those 3 alone 1.5 million together). Our signings for next year are probably taking up Lyons old money space so we should still have up near or over 2 mil

Last edited by a moderator:
cap.png

No we are fine, have plenty left in the cap. Perhaps the Titans. Perhaps the Eels again, Perhaps Brisbane.. Actually forget that last one they'll get away with it

Hahahahaha... Ah lol if we have cap problems we are up shut creek without a paddle if we can't sort out money after letting go half the squad and losing Lyon, matai and Mateo (those 3 alone 1.5 million together). Our signings for next year are probably taking up Lyons old money space so we should still have up near or over 2 mil

Don't forget the turbos are both on big money next year.

I'd say Panthers, they've got a shiitload of young talent.....not even Gus' amazing accounting juggling act do I see him being able to hold them all. I'd have DWZ, and anyone of those props he's got(f@ck it, I think I'll take both of them!)

Last edited:
This is from the same bloke who said that we were after Proctor then two days later was off to the GC and said Matagi was done with us then late this week says Parramatta are now favourite.

But we did upgrade one player to $1million per year last year

Id say its parra. They had to cut players to get compliant with the cap, and are signing up quite a number of players.

The riff have also been reported to have a full cap.

Put it this way, it wont be the chooks cause paper bags dont count in the cap.

Maybee it is paramatta. they have signed a few new players, and now that watmough has had his insurance claim denied, then they will have to include that in the salary cap.

Almost positive the jerker is talking about us, Parra and Penrith have announced plenty of signings where as we haven't. How much truth there is to it is hugely debatable though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8