Frigging Commentators

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
My two favourite Parker comments last night:
1. Calling Mick Ennis Notre Dame
2. Saying that Manly were having all the luck tonight, after a bomb bounced Matt Wright’s way. 2 minutes after the very questionable No Try for Uate.

I noticed that during the call too (but as u say, its a constant pattern with the media)...
Gotta say tho that the pass to Uate WAS forward but so was the one from dummy half to Thaiday for the try (and Thaiday looked like he actively promoted the ball when landing short of the line).. forward passes are ruining the game for mine, you see at least 3 or 4 missed EVERY game (12-20 if its the rorters, donkeys or drizzle playing)...

Manly only have one voice in the television commentary ranks, as far as former players go that is, and that's Fatty on Nein.

Unfortunately we're never on Nein enough to have him there when we're playing.

But every week regardless if its Fox or Nein, we get bombarded with the commentary box cheer squad for their former teams. Sterling (and Ray Warren) drool over Doesn't-matta. Lewis and Lockyer drool over anything Broncos or Qld. Gould drools over Penrith and most things NSW. Fittler goes gaga when at a Panthers or Chooks game. Parker dribbles every time Brisbane plays, Gasnier and Anasta just dribble. Buderus loves Newcastle but at least can be fair. Andrew Johns......he's so monotone its just Elliot Goblet without the comedy or glasses. Brandy is mostly OK, probably the most impartial of the lot.

Then you have James Bracey who can't stop talking about his favourite club who haven't even been in the NRL in 19 years and goes loopy every time one of their bids gets mentioned. Not to mention Yvonne Sampson-Smith who looks bored every time she has to talk about a game that doesn't involve one of her Qld teams.

Makes me want to listen to ABC Grandstand with Johnny Gibbs. At least he has his allegiance right and doesn't dribble so much crap that they have to be sponsored by Sorbent just to clean the box afterwards @:cool:

Manly only have one voice in the television commentary ranks, as far as former players go that is, and that's Fatty on Nein.

But every week regardless if its Fox or Nein, we get bombarded with the commentary box cheer squad for their former teams. Sterling (and Ray Warren) drool over Doesn't-matta. Lewis and Lockyer drool over anything Broncos or Qld. Gould drools over Penrith and most things NSW. Fittler goes gaga when at a Panthers or Chooks game. Parker dribbles every time Brisbane plays, Gasnier and Anasta just dribble. Buderus loves Newcastle but at least can be fair. Andrew Johns......he's so monotone its just Elliot Goblet without the comedy or glasses. Brandy is mostly OK, probably the most impartial of the lot.

Then you have James Bracey who can't stop talking about his favourite club who haven't even been in the NRL in 19 years and goes loopy every time one of their bids gets mentioned. Not to mention Yvonne Sampson-Smith who looks bored every time she has to talk about a game that doesn't involve one of her Qld teams.

Makes me want to listen to ABC Grandstand with Johnny Gibbs. At least he has his allegiance right and doesn't dribble so much crap that they have to be sponsored by Sorbent just to clean the box afterwards @:cool:

Yep that’s the commentary offerings in a nutshell, but as I said above I understand the bias.

Damn if I was a commentator I’d be running down the Donkeys and the Drizzle non stop , and that’s why I’m not because that wouldn’t suit the agenda would it?

Hahahhahah
Yvonne Sampson-Smith

Best thing I’ve seen on silvertails for atleast 12 months. It’s the kind of funny id expect from the great man @MadMarcus

Elliott Goblet....gold.@:D
Have to say Anastas grown on me this year. He's dropped the clown act and makes some good calls. I like Brandy and Ennis, Gasnier and Parker I can't stand.

Matt Nable

I live in a remote area with no free to air so can’t be forced to suffer Ray Warren & friends. That said I cut fox sports last week in disgust. Personally I like Warren Smith & Alexander.

I noticed that during the call too (but as u say, its a constant pattern with the media)...
Gotta say tho that the pass to Uate WAS forward but so was the one from dummy half to Thaiday for the try (and Thaiday looked like he actively promoted the ball when landing short of the line).. forward passes are ruining the game for mine, you see at least 3 or 4 missed EVERY game (12-20 if its the rorters, donkeys or drizzle playing)...
.I think the constant forward passes started around the time that the term 'flat pass' came into being.

Most are complete dribblers...
To add to this, I wish that Fox and nine would stop having past players commentate games that involve their former clubs. Tonight it was Corey Parker. Each time we played the knights it was Buderus. All I want is impartial, insightful commentary but alas...

Corey Parker was a joke last night. we got some lucky bounce about 2 minutes after Kelly got pinged by the bunker for touching the winger as he dropped the ball cold - then we scored - NO TRY - what a joke call.

Parker then mutters, manly getting all the calls and luck tonight!!!!! please you fuker

Just to clarify my “Agree” was to the part about the Sampson-Smith comment, not about me being a great man... it would be a bit Anthony Mundine if I were to agree with that...

Speaking of Mundine .... I see in todays tele buzz (your shout) RothTurd named Cliffy ahead of choc in his greatest ever Indigenous side ..... bloody racist .... oh ,,, wait ..

My two favourite Parker comments last night:
1. Calling Mick Ennis Notre Dame
2. Saying that Manly were having all the luck tonight, after a bomb bounced Matt Wright’s way. 2 minutes after the very questionable No Try for Uate.

And a happy birthday to you as well as commander (if your description is accurate) If not, party on anyway.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12