Friendly Fire on here of late..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is a danger of being simplistic about what has gone on here.

We can all strive to be, pretend to be, positive. And what would that make us? Plastic people? Grieving is a process that can't be forced. Telling people to just get over it does not help.

The conflicts on this forum of late are a direct spillover of the conflicts between the Penn group and the Football Club group. The saddest part here is that the Penns and FC have not been able to find a path forward together. The Penns have decided to crush the FC - to effectively kill it. The outcome is that many long-time loyal FC members, a core group of devoted Sea Eagle fans, in particular, have felt alienated and attacked.

If you cannot empathise that members of the Football Club in particular feel attacked when Zorba directly attacks them in the press, then you cannot empathise. An alternative is that you just openly admit that you cannot empathise with them rather than urging them to feel differently.

We are all crazy in our own special ways here. If we urge people to share our personal meaning of what it means to be "positive", then we are fundamentally being "negative" towards them.
Good post looking from another perspective Rex. I do see your point here and share the same sentiments as I am a financial member and have been a long time member of the football club who are part of our great history . I am also grateful for business people like Delmege and the Penn's who financially backed our club but I do agree with you that the Penn's must show some grace and humility towards the football club particular with taking away the Football clubs traditional rights of inducting life membership to players .
The fact is people grieve/heal in different ways and some look for the positives to feel better which does not make them plastic people .
I hope 2016 is a great year for our club and I also hope The owners and the Football club can sort things out . I am a member of both the club and the football club because I love our club and everything that is part of it.
We are in the festive season and i hope you have a fun time feathered friend .

Good post looking from another perspective Rex. I do see your point here and share the same sentiments as I am a financial member and have been a long time member of the football club who are part of our great history . I am also grateful for business people like Delmege and the Penn's who financially backed our club but I do agree with you that the Penn's must show some grace and humility towards the football club particular with taking away the Football clubs traditional rights of inducting life membership to players .
The fact is people grieve/heal in different ways and some look for the positives to feel better which does not make them plastic people .
I hope 2016 is a great year for our club and I also hope The owners and the Football club can sort things out . I am a member of both the club and the football club because I love our club and everything that is part of it.
We are in the festive season and i hope you have a fun time feathered friend .
This is a good point, the Penn club need to run this club for ALL of us. Their will always be opinions that at times divide us and where we struggle to understand each other but there must be a tolerance of different views and the infighting and dysfunction can then finally subside.

This is a good point, the Penn club need to run this club for ALL of us. Their will always be opinions that at times divide us and where we struggle to understand each other but there must be a tolerance of different views and the infighting and dysfunction can then finally subside.
images.png

To put it succinctly
  • Luv yous all.
  • I still hate Zorba the C***.
  • Long live the mighty Sea Eagles.
  • Bring on '16.
  • GO MANLY!!!!!!!!!!

To put it succinctly
  • Luv yous all.
  • I still hate Zorba the C***.
  • Long live the mighty Sea Eagles.
  • Bring on '16.
  • GO MANLY!!!!!!!!!!

Can I second that motion!!

And yes boys after 10 days on the high seas and no internet IM BACK!!

Let the hate go my friend - it will take you to the dark side i.e. Souffs or Parra

Can I second that motion!!

And yes boys after 10 days on the high seas and no internet IM BACK!!

Welcome back Mark.

After 10 days on a yucky cruise.....I'll bet you want a good ole fashioned BBQ!

So free BBQ at my place.....(if you clean it up a little bit!)

COmvskg.jpg

(as for the title....friendly fire, like incessant insincere propaganda are both soul destroying and best avoided.)

We're all in this together. We're getting disturbed by what we see. eg Some believe what Penn is doing is destructive. Others believe these very reactions to Penn are destructive. And we all assume that the path forward starts with changing others rather than starting with accepting them as they are. Could this assumption be faulty?

Reactiveness begets reactiveness. Acceptance begets acceptance. I hear you more clearly when you start with an accepting, listening tone (like you have done here). Maybe it's the same for you?

The search to "feel better" can itself be delusional. The harder we try, the more elusive it becomes. We're simply looking in the wrong place. When we create images of who we should be, or who others should be, we start relating to those images and stop relating to realities. That is when we create plastic people.

Welcome back Mark.

After 10 days on a yucky cruise.....I'll bet you want a good ole fashioned BBQ!

So free BBQ at my place.....(if you clean it up a little bit!)

COmvskg.jpg

(as for the title....friendly fire, like incessant insincere propaganda are both soul destroying and best avoided.)
GE, what's all that white goopy stuff in the photo?

Just read Donny Singe Facebook post. Quite long and all class. Only one individual mentioned, Peter peters! It was not negative, but in truth it way. Loved it.

Just read Donny Singe Facebook post. Quite long and all class. Only one individual mentioned, Peter peters! It was not negative, but in truth it way. Loved it.

Was just about to say the same thing - v classy, just like the man he is (donny that is$

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8