Forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need improvements, but are the players available, and do they want to play for us.

If they are

Sipley
Woods
Keppie

OUT

We are stuck with Josh A as no club will buy him.

Tuilagi actually hasn’t been too bad recently , I’d give him another year ( think he’s signed for that anyway).

Lodge obviously IN.

And at $800k, we are stuck with the rocks & diamonds Schuster.

We need improvements, but are the players available, and do they want to play for us.

If they are

Sipley
Woods
Keppie

OUT

We are stuck with Josh A as no club will buy him.

Tuilagi actually hasn’t been too bad recently , I’d give him another year ( think he’s signed for that anyway).

Lodge obviously IN.

And at $800k, we are stuck with the rocks & diamonds Schuster.
Shoe = 600

If injury free next season I'd like to see our starting pack to be:
Jurbo, Froggy, Lodge
Guacca Bully
The Shoe
with reserves: Burbo, Tent, Al and Maddeson
That gives us Kelma, The Lawman, Gordon waiting as replacements.
I'm writing off Sippers, Kewpie and Woods as I don't see them as NRL standard.
Pity we let Fainu go. I'm unsure if Fulton or any other Blacktown player has the ability to crack a spot in the NRL forwards.
We are missing a dynamic, versatile and workhorse lock so I'm hoping The Shoe can transform into one. He has the ball skills, the football smarts and the passing game to be a great link between DCE and Brookes but he needs to run more and whether he has the stamina and defensive qualities is debateable.

Not sure if the Shu has even played 13 previously so that could be an issue in itself.
Shu seems at his best taking the line on just wide of the ruck and the workload in the middle another consideration of course . Not saying he would be not prepared to make an effort in that department but more again more just based on his natural style of play .
Edge forward still the most likely future role for him again .
That still leads then to somehow having a definite suited 13 going forward., thought initially that someone like Sam Fainu could adapt there taking into account that he is relatively mobile and looks like having some reasonable ball skills .
Anyway not to be at Manly , had Walker obviously doing quite well there in his previous stints , really can not see any most suited contenders already on the books , Matterson can no doubt manage to a degree and could even hopefully get better , Zac Fulton , not bad ability but seems to have stalled a bit .
No doubt in the mean time will just have to hope that Jake can provide as much as possible there with his overall game even with some limitations there .
Can "t see Burbo adapting there , have already tried Alioia , Keppie and Woods there , something very hopefully can be sorted there in the future but for now just again have to manage as best as possible there for the remainder of this season and as far as the side can progress .
Also thought that Shu"s on going contract was in the 600 - 650 k range

Not sure if the Shu has even played 13 previously so that could be an issue in itself.
Shu seems at his best taking the line on just wide of the ruck and the workload in the middle another consideration of course . Not saying he would be not prepared to make an effort in that department but more again more just based on his natural style of play .
That still leads then to somehow having a definite suited 13 going forward., thought initially that someone like Sam Fainu could adapt there taking into account that he is relatively mobile and looks like having some reasonable ball skills .
Anyway not to be at Manly , had Walker obviously doing quite well there in his previous stints , really can not see any most suited contenders already on the books , Matterson can no doubt manage to a degree and could even hopefully get better , Zac Fulton , not bad ability but seems to have stalled a bit .
No doubt in the mean time will just have to hope that Jake can provide as much as possible there with his overall game even with some limitations there .
Can "t see Burbo adapting there , have already tried Alioia , Keppie and Woods there , something very hopefully can be sorted there in the future but for now just again have to manage as best as possible there for the remainder of this season and as far as the side can progress .
yeah, I was hoping Fulton could become that player this year but you're right, the wheels seem to have fallen off a bit. Whether it has been the family dramas with the Club that has caused that, who knows ....... maybe. I'm not even sure if he's staying?? Matterson might also come on a bit more in the off season as well. But the options are a bit thin. I wonder if Parks might even be eyeing it off given his days seem numbered in the centres. He's a workhorse but not sure he'd last long given his injury history.

Last edited:
yeah, I was hoping Fulton could become that player this year but you're right, the wheels seem to have fallen off a bit. Whether it has been the family dramas with the Club that has caused that, who knows ....... maybe. I'm not even sure if he's staying?? Matterson might also come on a bit more in the off season as well. But the options are a bit thin. I wonder if Parks might even be eyeing it off given his days seem numbered in the centres. He's a workhorse but not sure he'd last long given his injury history.
Long shot with Parker as a 13 but certainly hope that he can stay with the club , real good attitude and clubman and still goes well in the main

Long shot with Parker as a 13 but certainly hope that he can stay with the club , real good attitude and clubman and still goes well in the main
You know, Parker could be the answer. He is a strong tackler, has good hands, is tough and big enough and knows how to get the ball to the backs.
If/when we can't reach the top eight then I'd like to see him given a shot at No. 13.

There was a previous rumor of a Roosters forward being signed by Manly for next year (prior to Matt Lodge coming onboard). It was speculated to be Whyte. Does anyone in the know have any further info?

Pretty certain the Schu approach is to wear 13 and play lock in attack but defend on an edge. He will play the Cam Murray, Isaiah Yeo role with the ball but go wider and defend away from the heavy traffic in the middle when the opposition have the ball.

You know, Parker could be the answer. He is a strong tackler, has good hands, is tough and big enough and knows how to get the ball to the backs.
If/when we can't reach the top eight then I'd like to see him given a shot at No. 13.
This was a great quote from Schu about Seibold, on the occasion of his signing a new contract recently:

"I think he is being inventive, and he has an obvious plan to forge a team that goes beyond just numbers on players' backs."

The context is fairly clear, we'd just signed Brooks who has only ever played halves. As you yourself mentioned above, it would be great to have a dynamic workhorse at lock but Jake isn't dynamic and certainly neither is Schu. If Schu is an edge backrower will he still float left and right as he has recently, helping set up tries on both sides?

Seibold will indeed need a plan that goes beyond numbers on people's backs, and it will be fascinating to watch it unfold next year. It's going to need to be a bloody inventive plan!

If injury free next season I'd like to see our starting pack to be:
Jurbo, Froggy, Lodge
Guacca Bully
The Shoe
with reserves: Burbo, Tent, Al and Maddeson
That gives us Kelma, The Lawman, Gordon waiting as replacements.
I'm writing off Sippers, Kewpie and Woods as I don't see them as NRL standard.
Pity we let Fainu go. I'm unsure if Fulton or any other Blacktown player has the ability to crack a spot in the NRL forwards.
We are missing a dynamic, versatile and workhorse lock so I'm hoping The Shoe can transform into one. He has the ball skills, the football smarts and the passing game to be a great link between DCE and Brookes but he needs to run more and whether he has the stamina and defensive qualities is debateable.
Schuster made a few good runs against the Goons, his running game's starting to come along now. His passing and ball skills were on show again tho, slight of hand reverse pass for Ola to score and a great pass to put Tui into space that ultimately set up a try to Garrick.

it says somthing when lodge can rock up and be the best forward 2 weeks in a row

just shows you how bad the other pea hearts have been
You can look at it like that or is it the desperation of a bloke that knew this could be his last shot. Now he’s signed I want to see if he can keep the numbers he was putting up on a weekly basis, or at least close to the mark. Time will tell. I hope he does.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8