1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forward pack

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Pepi, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Got to give it to the forward pack for their effort against a huge star studded roosters pack. Not many would have given them a chance on paper at the start of the year.
    Lawrence did a good job leading from the front. 15 runs 145 m
    Starling had a bit more leg drive tonight, I'm warming to him. 12 runs 98 m
    JSL poked his nose through a few times, and played long minutes. I really like this guy, very mobile and explosive. 11 runs 93 m
    Lui did well in slippery conditions and got use rolling forward
    Horo, Buhrer were solid. Tom S a bit quite but to be expected in his first game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    JSL looks to be a great prospect. Very athletic and good on his feet. Hope Tooves persists with him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    How could I forget choc! Was tireless. Looks like toovey is taking him off for 5 mins for a quick breather this year

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Good aggression tonight, and defence was solid. Really shut down the Roosters roll on.

5. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,641 / 74
    Jsl, earned a spot for the rest of the year

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    Yes JSl we'll ahead of hasson and symonds in pecking order for bench spot

7. Eagles2nv

Eagles2nv New Team, New Beginnings 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,404 / 35
    Yeah JSL looks the goods. He has some solid runs and its clear tooves can see a bright future from him.

Also got praise for lui, i think he has been damaging aswell.

8. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    Already our pigs are proving critics wrong yet again. Was there ever really any doubt? Kudos to Tooves, Donny and Dave Warwick...and esp to the men themselves!

Lawrence was back to his best. Starling n Lui better again. Choc was Choc! Matty B was almost faultless as usual. Horo n Ferris solid and JSL looks to be finally finding his feet.

Our handling at times wasn't great, but theirs' was worse. Put that down to the conditions and the intensity out there.

We are looking OK and bugger the knockers and critics all day.

9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Hasson pulled out with illness only an hour or so before the match (Toovey said in presser), so Tommy S came in at last minute.

No King, Gift gone from early on (were we one man down on the bench even though that was foul play???) it augurs well for our depth, I smell another grand final coming folks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    I rate Starling, he just gets on with it, no fanfare, no fuss. A real old school prop that rolls the sleeves up and makes tough metres and tackles.

• Like Like x 2
  11. RiverEagle

RiverEagle New Member

Ratings:
    +1,055 / 0
    I agree totally @Killer03 so far.

Hope these new guys can maintain this effort over a full, gruelling 26 rounds etc.

And yeah, we did it tonight without Kingdog, Hasson AND Gift, as mentioned.

If we get a reasonable run with injuries, and get Snake behind them for a share of games...lookout!

Happy days ahead, I'm hoping.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    I thought Starling was really good tonight. Seemed like the first game where he thought he really belongs. Agree on JSL, he has showed something just that little bit different in the last 2 games where you think he could really develop into somebody with a bit of a x-factor about him. Not sure what that means for Hasson who I really like, but he's probably going to spend a while in the reggies.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    As said, across 26 rounds we will need more than a starting pack + 4. So it's good all of these blokes are all looking like first graders, not overawed, mobile, tough, etc.
    Plus we have mr superman tackle machine at hooker.
    and good prospects coming into view or back from injury sometime.

14. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Definitely big ticks for the props. JSL is absolutely killing it, must stay on the bench. Lui improving, Starling top notch.

One knock is Buhrer spills the pill too often and gives away too many penalties. Something to work on anyhow.

• Like Like x 3
  15. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,795 / 122
    Yes, Turbo and Chee Kam will get a run as the season rolls on plus we have Elephant arriving.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    At one stage there, he lined up as a prop in the scrum and I said to myself, "What's Kitey doing back in Manly colours?"

• Like Like x 1
  17. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,629 / 113
    I'd have to rotate the props they are all going that good I don't want to drop any of em, Time to give Lawrence a break next week and give King dog a run. Week after that may be Hasson in and Starling gets a rest. Etc;-) Yep the forwards are smashing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Great cheaper signings and wonderful efforts last night.

19. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,530 / 32
    Once again the Manly recruitment has proved to be spot on.

20. seaeagledave

seaeagledave Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 2
    Great problem to have. Can't really separate Starling, Lui, Hasson, JSL, and Symonds. All should also continue to improve. Great depth.
    [hr]
    Anyone know where we can find minutes played? Can't seem to find them on normal stat sites this year. Keen to see how they were used. My perception was that Symonds didn't play many minutes.