1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Footy Show

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Canteen Worker, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    First time I have watched it for ages - thought it was quite good as the focus was football rather than gags.

Weidler said nothing, but the parts on the toughest player were excellent.

Clive James added little but Layne Beachley was excellent.

Good item on Rob Rowland-Smith and the fitness programme for ex-stars at Muscle Beach. Good to see Rowley in his Manly singlet. Also interesting to see footage of Toovey and his toughness - it is a wonder he still has a face.

That 97 GF still rankles with me - McDougall should have been sent. If it was played today he would have and got weeks.

2. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    Even harrogan was shaking his head after that.

Was a great segment

3. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,761 / 72
    I liked seeing the old Parra/manly tooheys add. I have a feeling there was another made in the 1970s as well.

Good to see an old mate of mine Steve Hegarty in the add as well.

4. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Some great memories last night. I have watched the show every week for the last two months and the standard has been lifted. There is a much higher focus on footie. Last night was slightly below what they have been serving up but still interesting.

5. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    It was a good show considering. I think Clive is past it though.

6. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Last year I said they should get back to Footy talk rather than being Hey Hey it's Thursday and was howled down for it by quite a few.

I think I've been vindicated - it is far more interesting and worthwhile now.

However, how bad was the "chemistry" with Clive James and the others? They just couldn't get it going and then he dissapeared without comment. What's doing there?

7. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    He looked like a space cadet with his meds cutting in. He is usually a lot sharper than that.

8. PEPSI

PEPSI Active Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    im wondering if he "enjoyed" himself a bit much pre show! he did fall over walking out!

9. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Clive was dissapointing and really doesn't know much about football but the show has picked up considerably in quality since Gyngell got the sack.