Football Club meeting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
As some of you may remember I posted on here regarding me attending a meeting last night with the board of the Football Club.

The welcome was warm and the mood very positive but sorry Matabele.... no free sandwiches (but I was given a bottle of water).

I raised a number of issues and provided feedback that I'd received from many supporters (Thanks to everyone that contributed either publicly or privately to me).

We discussed a number of initiatives centred around increasing the FC membership, how the funds would be used, removing some of the confusion regarding membership ownership of the 3 entities in the Sea Eagles family (Screaming Eagles, Football Club and Leagues Club), improving the benefits relating to FC membership, how to improve the communication between the FC and members and several initiatives to have closer working links with the Sea Eagles.

We now have agreement on what we can (want to) do and when and will work in the coming week (I'll be working with Peter Bryant, Bob Reilly and Damian Smith) to fine tune the plans and then go public for comment and consultation.

One interesting aspect that resulted from the meeting was an agreement to hold a Football Club members social function at the Leagues Club prior to the last home game against the Titans.

The event will likely be run in conjunction with an Sea Eagles "old boys" reunion and life members will be attending as well as a number of the Eagles Angels.

Dependant upon numbers there will possibly be the opportunity for people who are not Football Club members to join up and be part of what has the makings of being a very special event in the lead up to what is likely to be a very important game for the boys.

As plans are finalised I will update you all but in summary...I was impressed by the passion for the club of the people that I met with, they were very positive and open to critique and ideas and I felt very comfortable that they will be supportive of ideas and suggestions in an effort to dispel some of the myths that are out there.

In addition, our work in progress whilst ambitious, has the makings of being something very special in allowing rank and file supporters more influence and input on the future of the club

Stay tuned.....?

vidmar link said:
One interesting aspect that resulted from the meeting was an agreement to hold a Football Club members social function at the Leagues Club prior to the last home game against the Titans.
Will it be BYO?
Sounds like a start, I planed to get to that game anyhow so hope the function goes ahead.

BYO FC membership card SER8!
As you can imagine something like this will take some planning but the initial discussions were very exciting and the pride and passion that the people I was with had for not only the Sea Eagles but the code in the area as a whole was very impressive.
Some very good ideas raised and I'm confident that we can get things moving.
It will of course depend on supporters getting involved and being motivated to support the efforts of the board so it will be interesting to see how things develop.
Big journey but we've made the first steps...

Agreed Kingfan haha glass of water next time only perk allowed your cup runneth over Vid...

Good work and thanks for reporting back so quickly - will try to be there and look forward to hearing more soon. Cheers!

Good to see a positive response, and also some feedback on the 'renegade' site.

So important that all parts of the club are 'eating sandwiches from the same plate' so to speak.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys and I'll keep you updated as best as I can.
Dan - yes there will sandwiches (but of course only for board members and guests of Matabele)
Kingy - don't worry, we re-filled the bottles with tap water and put them back in the fridge (Every little drop counts?) so no one will ever know and we are doing our bit for re-cycling and being economical.
DSM5 would be good to meet?
If you're in Bay 37 on Saturday look out for the No one likes us banner and give us a wave?
I'll more than likely be with people like Duff, Fluffy, MB etc
Vid

Excellent news, I guess the challenge will be moving from good ideas to tangible results but none the less a good start

vidmar link said:
We discussed a number of initiatives centred around increasing the FC membership, how the funds would be used, removing some of the confusion regarding membership ownership of the 3 entities in the Sea Eagles family (Screaming Eagles, Football Club and Leagues Club), improving the benefits relating to FC membership, how to improve the communication between the FC and members and several initiatives to have closer working links with the Sea Eagles.
Good stuff vid. Exactly what we have been discussing as areas for improvement. I look forward to hearing more.

Thanks again guys...

Despite the varying levels of discontent and finger pointing I'm confident that most (if not all?) who read these pages or post want the best for the club and will (would) offer assistance as best as they can dependant upon their individual circumstances.

People like Dan who has offerred to include FC details and on-line membership links to this site, Eagle Predator who has asked for (and been given) membership forms to pass out to friends and family and educated himself on the importance of FC memebership to the club and its future so he can spread the word, Manly Backer who has patiently listened to my rantings so that he can make an informed decision (and now looks like will be joining the FC?) and the many others who have spent time reading my posts on here promoting the Football Club and it's aims and Corso, SER8, Mark from Brisbane, DSM5, Wheel and Canteen Worker for adding support to my posts on the subject

I still shudder when I remember the whole NE debacle and the dramas as a result and will do what I can to avoid that happening again.

Of course there are many priorities in life more important than a footy team but as the kids and I so enjoy the whole match going experience and the joy and mateship that we have gained as a result of being Manly fans this is one of the main reasons that I am willing to do my bit.

It is easy to sit on the outside and have a whinge when things are not so good and there are those that will be happy to do that.... but thankfully the level of support and interest that has been shown so far is extremely encouraging and I'm very very appreciative.

We are not in the best of shape in the comp at the moment and we have had the season from hell in many ways and the club is far from being financially secure so hopefully this is when we come together as supporters and get behind the club and the team.

Yes...we have some challenges and as Wheel says it won't be easy but I for one am willing to give it a go and from what I'm seeing and hearing there are other like minded souls around who are also willing to get involved so let's see how we go?

Cheers
Vidmar

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10