Football Club AGM and Life Member proposal - Mr Steven Menzies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
Notice is given that the sixth Annual General Meeting of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited will be held at the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Club Limited, 563 Pittwater Road, Brookvale, at 7.00pm on Thursday 17 December 2009.

Ordinarily, only current financial members are allowed to attend, however this year anyone who holds a 2010 membership is also invited to attend.

Of special interest to fans may be item agenda 6. Life Membership

“To receive and consider a recommendation from the Board of Directors as to the conferring of Life Membership upon Mr. Steven Menzies, and if thought fit, pass the following resolution as a special resolution:

“That Mr Steven Menzies be elected a Life Member of the Manly-Warringah Rugby League Football Club Limited””

There will of course be several members present that will be pleading Mr Menzies case as to why the vote should be yes so should be a special Manly moment for fans

2010 Membership/Renewals can be paid for on the night at the Leagues Club reception but to avoid any queues see here how to join in advance?

http://www.manlyleagues.com.au/manly-leagues-club.asp?cid=5
(Will give both Leagues Club and Football Club membership options)

There will also of course be the board elections and a chance for fans to meet the Football Club board and ask any questions they may have?

Hope to see some of you there?

Vidmar

Any mention of the types of sandwiches being offered? :) j/k Vid!
I will see if I can get down there for this one.

Vid will try and make it - see how it goes on the home front - I wish it was a bit later (7:30 or 8:00).

Already sent my apologies as it is a tad too hard getting to Brookvale from Canberra in under 2 hours......

Is there a system that allows proxy voting? I can't see too many people voting against proposal 6.

Why do you have to be a financial member for 2010 when the meeting is being held in 2009?

Canteen Worker link said:
Is there a system that allows proxy voting? I can't see too many people voting against proposal 6.

Why do you have to be a financial member for 2010 when the meeting is being held in 2009?

Hi CW,
All current financial members received proxy forms with their mailed notification of the AGM as well as the financials and the agenda.

From my original post "Ordinarily, only current financial members are allowed to attend, however this year anyone who holds a 2010 membership is also invited to attend."

There have been quite a few new local members that have signed up in the last few months (we also got quite a few who signed up before the Titans last home game as there were a lot from out of town who came to the game for the Travelling Supportahs lunch and the FC members and ex-player get together drinks pre-game) and rather than them only get a few months of 2009 and then have to renew (membership runs Jan - Dec) they were able to sign up for 2010.

So this will allow new (2010) members to attend (technically only 2009 should be there)

MB Re free sandwiches...Was at Narrabeen for the Sea Eagles sponsors Christmas party this afternoon, the players were looking relaxed and fit and looking forward to the new season and yes (disclosure) I was tempted to a morsel of the BBQ (sorry guys, I hid whilst I ate it) lol

Word is that Killer is likely to be our kicker next season but also training has shown a number of other options so stay tuned.

Ox said to say farewell to all on here

No Beaver on the board Mata as he'd never get to the meetings and felt that he may be labelled as "lazy, sloppy, rubbish" - we do however have one Mr Clifford Lyons on the board now to replace Tooves

Wheel, see how you go...sorry can't do anything about the timing but would be good to see you?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=182146.msg247266#msg247266 date=1260440088]
Just imagine if they knocked it back  8)

Run a book on  it JC - you may make a few bob....? LOL
[/quote]

Wouldnt get any takers and I couldnt bring myself to do it anyway.  8)

Hi All,
Just a reminder that the FC AGM is tonight at the Leagues Club.
Hope to see a few of you there
Vidmar

Goldie link said:
Already sent my apologies as it is a tad too hard getting to Brookvale from Canberra in under 2 hours......
im in the same boat as you goldy
down here for 2 weeks opening a shop at Gungahlin

Cambo link said:
[quote author=Goldie link=topic=182146.msg247253#msg247253 date=1260423573]
im in the same boat as you goldy
down here for 2 weeks opening a shop at Gungahlin
[/quote]  LOL what a smash up that is going to be.

Yes, Steven Menzies was inducted as a life member and Cliffy was voted on to the FC board.

I'd not be too forward on calling them old duffers though Mata?

By the way, any truth in the rumour that you are under contract for the ABC's Australian version of Grumpy Old Men? (Lazy, sloppy, rubbish, grumble, humbug, crap kit, can't kick, great unwashed, move from Brookie, in my day..... blah blah blah)

Let's hope Cliffy can direct traffic as well as he used to on the playing field.  I don't like his chances as none of the runners are likely to muster a gallop.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8