First Trial

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One aspect no-one has mentioned is the meddling from the Bunker once a "try" has been scored. There were three no-tries due to 'interference', so there is going to be plenty of disappointment from fans during the season as The Bunker denies a 'try' long after one has been awarded.
Decisions are now being made on black-and-white laws with common sense rulings a thing of the past.
Quite a few dud calls from the ref, including the 6 again not called. Lucky the bunker was watching. Arguably the wests try was a knock on too.

One aspect no-one has mentioned is the meddling from the Bunker once a "try" has been scored. There were three no-tries due to 'interference', so there is going to be plenty of disappointment from fans during the season as The Bunker denies a 'try' long after one has been awarded.
Decisions are now being made on black-and-white laws with common sense rulings a thing of the past.
Im a fan of the new video ref system. Remember before it was introduced a ref blowing a try was rare as hens teeth and there was no such thing as celebrating a try until you saw the green lights. At least now it's all done in the background unless there is something that actually needs attention. All of the overruled tries last night were correct and we got 6 tries that didn't require any intervention at all.

Toff to start over Marty after tonight's performance. Happy we won but that first half won't cut it with the big boys and more fancier teams.

Toff to me was our best forward all night.

Lawton at 9 a real concern.
Hopefully Marty was holding off due to the game being a trial. If not I'm sorry to say it was really a piss poor performance. Marshmallow like

As long as it's consistent. So be it.

Hopefully Marty was holding off due to the game being a trial. If not I'm sorry to say it was really a piss poor performance. Marshmallow like
Yeah, tend to agree, Marty was full of running but lacks impact in his hit ups, you never see defenders get skittled anymore, the way he used to back in his first 2 yrs. It's more like they greet Marty with a catch and release tackle.

If anyone is interested, Storm v. Warriors trial has just started - many of the big names are playing.

Reuben's girlfriend's brother is hooker for the Storm 🙂

Never be sorry for being used to our Legendary clubs Benchmark and high standards that earned the reputation as the greatest club of all .

Marty at his best was the best in the game and I have not seen him at his best for a while
Last night against the Toothless tigers Marty was far from his dominating best

Keppie also was off his game

The Boxer did not make a big Impression either

Just saying it how I saw it . How did you guys see it ?

Some individual performances in that match are an example of why I don't want the club to prematurely extend the contracts of some of our older players on big money.

Yes it was only a trial, but quite a few of our young players (including our young playmakers) got an opportunity and already looked extremely competent.

Never be sorry for being used to our Legendary clubs Benchmark and high standards that earned the reputation as the greatest club of all .

Marty at his best was the best in the game and I have not seen him at his best for a while
Last night against the Toothless tigers Marty was far from his dominating best

Keppie also was off his game

The Boxer did not make a big Impression either

Just saying it how I saw it . How did you guys see it ?
Ranking the middle forwards from last night
Paseka
Sipley
Marty
Fifita
Tuitavake
De Luis
Aloiai
Keppie (those unforced errors erase all the good things he did)
Hard to compare A team vs B team but I tried and that's how I saw it.

Some individual performances in that match are an example of why I don't want the club to prematurely extend the contracts of some of our older players on big money.

Yes it was only a trial, but quite a few of our young players (including our young playmakers) got an opportunity and already looked extremely competent.
I like the way you think like our Legendary winning God father where sentiment did not stand in his ruthless approach in making us the best club in the land

Ranking the middle forwards from last night
Paseka
Sipley
Marty
Fifita
Tuitavake
De Luis
Aloiai
Keppie (those unforced errors erase all the good things he did)
Hard to compare A team vs B team but I tried and that's how I saw it.
Good job . Every one off course has a different perspective but That is the way I saw it as well based on dominant play

Grand final wining pack perspective time .....

To me A Forward pack that wins grand finals are a pack of
relentless hyenas coming at you at 100 miles an hour every second
Hippo Plodders are not in the equation

Only just saw the game,for me the standouts in the first half were ..
Tom being Tom.
DCE and Foran.
Paseka who will be vital this year.
Lawtons service not great but outstanding defense.
Olakau'atu outstanding.
Bullemor good debut.
Sipley a powerhouse and never seen him so lean and fit.
The standouts in the second for me....
Ackland at half was talking and leading them around really well,good tactical kicking game(not a great long game),takes on the line and a really good passing game and vision.Seems a smart guy on the field (has a law degree and played juniors in same side as Nathan Cleary for Warriors).
Been focusing on his degree and looked good for a guy who has not been focusing on footy for a few years.
Zac Fulton plays with smarts and agro beyond his young years,not a unit but no fear.
Tuitavake a beast.
Vaega was excellent,ran hard,stopped tries and scored them.
Koula has some attacking skill but makes a few silly decisions,but will learn
GCKT smart and skillfull one for the future I think.
Thought Burbo got better all game and would like to see more of him in centres.
Thought Smalley and Fifita were just warming up and hope they get more time next week.
Have to give Roumanos a wrap,worked hard in defence on the edge,took his hitups and even started playing Jakes role as the link man.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8