First 3rd assessment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
8 rounds into the season, i thought id share my opinion on the year so far...including players ratings etc...

Snake - Looks way past his best, injuries are hampering his game and the attacking flair of the team in general. Doesn't look fit Got a feeling this might be his last year. 3/10

Tom T - Been good in patches, comes in off his wing too much, but will learn with more experience , injuries also an influence , otherwise pretty solid 7/10

Killer - Not as quick and struggling against younger quicker centres, still has major impact with his leadership. Goal kicking been outstanding, still a champion 6/10

Skivvy - Been one of our best to be honest, always making metres from dummy half, still packs a punch in defense, scary to opposition 7.5/10

Taufua - Inconsistent is the word..Scores some great tries, but drops a few balls and put us under pressure 5.5/10

Walker - Hmmm interesting one, has loads of potential .Still think centre is his position, looks dangerous when he runs the ball, just doesn't get involved enough for me.. 6.5/10

DCE - Only played 4 games, needs to find his 2014 form quickly for us to be competitive , short kicking game been good 6.5/10

Jake T - Been very good, great call by baz to put him at lock, tackles his arse off, always looking to get the ball.. 8/10

Kapow - Been OK, But not great..Has some great runs, but goes missing for periods. Needs to step up 6/10

Symonds - Been consistent , always looks dangerous on the fringes, does drop a bit of ball though 6.5/10

Myles - Disappointing, hasn't done much wrong, but hasn't had much of an impact either, expected more from him. 5/10

Parcell - Been our best.. Looks fit and for a small guy he can tackle. Always dangerous, we need him back asap. Great talent 8.5/10

Starlo- Been ok, just does his job, makes some good metres 6/10

Brown- Good in patches,, Started badly in the first few rounds, but has found his feet, Very useful as he can cover numerous positions. He will improve more 6.5/10

Lawrence - One of our best. Great leg drive, always makes metres. Full of energy and passion Thank god we kept him 7.5/10

Vave - Surprise packet, been awesome off the bench, gives halves chance as he attracts numerous defenders especially after a quick play the ball. 8/10

Api - Had problems in the first few rounds, when DCE got injured and played half, he's confidence grew. Had a few very good games Not a hooker IMO , not to sure what Baz is going to do with him 6.5/10

Lussick, - Only got back into first grade few weeks back, been good but not great needs more game time 6/10

Leary - I like this guy, nuggity and always willing to take the ball up.. Too good for NSW cup. Just no more kicking Blake 6/10

I might have missed a few players, but main ones covered

Overall 4 -4 after 8rounds is what i expected, should of been 5-3 (Souths Game ) , this is where our problem is, attack needs to improve, it will come over time. Defence has improved
Still got Ferris to come back.

Next 3 games is important if we win 1 out of the next 3 , ill be happy.

Prediction is we will finish 5th -8th ..way behind Cowboys/ Broncs

While I don't disagree with you for the most part, I do find it annoying that wingers who are forced to come in off their wing in defence get crucified for poor defence when more often than not its actually those inside of them not doing their job properly that causes it.

not always sometimes they come charging in to do a two man tackle ...ist happened more than once this year ... mainly from Jorge

Good observation, though I think Kapow has been a 7....but could be 8.5 as in impact off shorter stints. Simply playing different style with longer minutes & service not been great on that left edge.
Snake Stewart has copped plenty & no doubt, been off his lofty standards....but for starters, his presence lifts the entire team which is hard to rate.
Also think AFB deserves a 7 after 2 games....rarely does a player making the jump to NRL level fit in with such ease...plenty to come from this kid.
Like the thread & player comments shipsyeagles....

I think it's a lot more simple than this, from where we were after round 1, to be 4/8 after round 8 is ****ing amazing!!

The next month though might see us stuck on the 4.

But no disgrace really as currently not one of the other 13 teams could get near the top two.

SOO is going to be a big test for them , a few injuries and the comps wide open again.

And how is our new coach going? I like him. I wasn't so sure when he was announced, but I think he handles himself pretty well in the media and I like his passion in the coaches box. Onwards and upwards!

He's really worked on his 'yeah ...nah's'

In his last presser...he hardly used any and mainly stuck with 'yeah'

On that basis....19 thumbs up!

Forwards = 7.5 out of 10
Backs = 4 out of 10
Coaching staff: 4 out of 10 (including Under 20 and NSW Cup)
Forwards: need more offloads. Shown good spirit overall. Myles has been a poor buy, imo. Best: Vave, Jake Turbo, Lawrence, Parcell
Backs: No flair; no new moves; three of our Superstars are running on old legs. DCE has disappointed. Walker: a good runner but no real 5/8 skills and suspect defence. Best: Tom Turbo and Api.
Coaching: Team spirit has been good and so the first grade squad is showing Manly pride. However, there is a disconnect when the ball gets to the backs. I thought TB would provide something extra with the backline. Rating for 1st grade: 6 out of 10
When you throw in the Under 20s and NSW Cup coaching record, their rating can't possibly be any higher than 1 from 10.

Our backs under Toovey were much more fluid. Could be the "Foran effect" and/or the mistake Baz has made by guaranteeing Walker the no.6 jersey.

We get a pass mark, but barely. The injuries we've had are certainly a pain in the arse. I think the most positive thing is we can see the improvement in the team (and Barrett) almost every week.
If Barrett and the team keep improving, I genuinely believe come seasons end if we're at full strength we'll be able to match it with the best of them. That's a big if though.

Just my opinion, and I am not a fan but Taupau doesn't go missing. Last two matches

vs Knights 145 metres and 35 tackles
vs Warriors 157 metres and 36 tackles

I have been very impressed by him, I had low expectations..

I agree, I think it has been a fitness transition from 40 mins a game to 80 min a game.

The 4 points we missed by not being able to put the games to bed vs souths and parra. I rue missing those points.

And don't forget, according to some, the honourable loss to the Tigers. Someone even wrote an article about it. What the...?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2