1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finch

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by patorick2010, Dec 13, 2010.

1. patorick2010

patorick2010 Active Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0
    What. The. ****?

Even at minimum wage, that would have been ridiculous.

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    Why the **** did we want him?
    R&R needs firing for even looking at him
    unless he was DCE's backup

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I bet we were not even looking at him, Its the same old trick, a journalist asks, "Hey were you looking at Finch" and someone sarcastically answers, "Only if we could pay him pretty much nothing."

4. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    i would have had him. He suits manlys style perfectly. He is a little limited in his skills but that is how manly play. He is tough, a great talker and has great experience

Its no use having a benji style player if the game plan doesnt allow them to showcase there skills

He would have given the backline confidence as well i reckon and with lyon and stewie in the team he would have looked a better player himself

DCE may be a long term solution but in 2011 he has a long way to go

5. EagleRock40

EagleRock40 Well-Known Member

Ourimbah, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +211 / 4
    Would have been a handy pick up at that price, but no big loss that we missed out on him. Hopefully Hicks can get himself a another year in the NRL, always thought he was a underated winger, just like Robbo.

6. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    Damm - it would have been Lowie's first signing of a first grade player.

7. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    on minimum wage he certainly would have been a good signing.

He has some talent and has actually played and contributed in a big way to winning a lot of big games

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just read parra chasing chris hicks ,  they have money now because of tahu..

9. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    50k for a premiership winner etc

With inexperinced halves i am not sure how you could have gone wrong

10. Blake

Blake Active Member

North Narrabeen
    Ratings:
    +90 / 1
    Would have been worth paying him $50,000 just to have him fill in while Matai is suspended at the start of the season, and as a good replacement for injuries.

11. Copa Eagle

Copa Eagle Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    theres no doubt he would have played five eight or half, although he has some weakness,s he would carry leadership, he talks, something manly missed last year in the halves, his kicking game is rubbish but his big match experience would have been handy. its a concern that manly are still pursuing a half though, maybe there isnt as much trust in DCE than we thought ?

12. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    Never liked him, however I definitely respect him now. Its about time someone stuck to an agreement, verbal or otherwise.

13. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,909 / 27
    I find it a little hard to believe that Finch would of signed on for 50 grand...but stranger things have happened.

14. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    I only wanted him here while his dad was the ref's boss so we'd get a fair deal, some might say for a change, but now he's gone we don't need Finch Jnr at all in my opinion.

15. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I guess it wouldn't have been bad if we got him - if DCE got injured, who'd be the back up?  That's all he would've been if he signed the full time role on ch7.

And it is nice to see a bloke go through with an agreement for once.  2 years in cold England vs a full time tv role, part time footy role and based on the northern beaches?  I love the snow but that's a no brainer!

16. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    So Lyon and co are reserve graders ? ;)

17. Rambofan

Rambofan Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Brett would have been a fatstic buy at the middle level price or below.There is no doubting he has a heap of experience and his style of play would have suited manly to a tee.Bringing with him an aggressive style with genuine toughness and a handy kicking game,great passing and anticipation,the outside backs would have had a field day.Combined with snake,  the attack would have been pretty well balanced.IMHO......

18. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Surely you can see 'irony' Kiwi.  And it's not a cousin of Tony.  And 'humble' it should be Rambofan.  There was a reason why Finch was let go from Parra and The Storm, and it wasn't all about the money. 

19. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I would have taken him at that price personally

230+ games of NRL experience, and from all accounts a very popular guy that is good to have in a squad environment

20. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    Origin too