MVP: Finals Wk 2 v Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our edge defence is too easy to get around(all year) or draw into wrong decision making and our forward runs up the middle is too much one out stuff(when in the grind) lacking genuine flat short support players pushing up "consistently".(takes a lot of energy to continously do this and we don't have that kind of fitness in our forwards)

The win tonight against a depleted Roosters outfit that are really at best bottom 8 quality but probably a touch lower than that(due to injuries obviously) was a no brainer result.

The positive is we didn't play all that great, or inspiring, nor did we drain too much from the tank and easily got the result, but the performance in general still felt flat,uninspiring with the same worrying signs for the past month or so.

If we play like we did today next week the game will be over by half time, we need more spark and energy all over the park because i am seeing way too many players just going through the motions after a long season, too many defenders planting feet or too slow laterally, and the lack of sharpness off the ball in our go forward sets and not much direct punch really needs a kick up the back side.

If Manly play with energy and purpose we are a big chance but i'm not seeing it over the last month, i see it in small patches but finals footy you need to sustain it for way longer.

Its the kind of performances you expect from the top 2 teams nearing the end of the season when the training ramps up 4-6 weeks before the regular season ends and are playing flat and tired tapering their training to peak again during Semi Final time.

Jake with 119m, 2 tackle busts, a line break, a line break assist, 30 tackles and zero misses.

Not getting enough mentions imo
Couldn't agree more. He did everything tonight - ball-playing, hole running, tough hit-ups, perfect defensively. Even had a go at dummy half towards the end, pushing Lawton out wider. Heart and soul of this team. His brother's not bad either.

Keppie - created the momentum
Tom - broke them open
Guaca - can do it in both attack and defense
Croker - Doesn't stand out, but is he the glue?

Honourable mentions (all of the below would not be out of place if given points tonight):
DCE - one of his best games this year
Jake - held that middle
Aloiai - nothing flashy but loves the tough stuff
Foz - Mr. Composure
Walker - great impact

A great team effort that was missing last week. Thank you Team!

Last edited:
3 Turbo -
2 DCE
1 Walker - Getting better with each game now, is relishing playing finals and I've no doubt he'll be one of our guns next week.

Despite 'storm troll' whining as usual....and is getting very tiresome

3 points:

remote.axd

2 points

remote.axd

1 point

remote.axd

Tom
DCE
Jake
But hey it was a really great team effort Froggy, Foran, Marty, Quac all superb

Staff online