Finals week 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We can beat either side imo.

Tigers are pretty poor tbh.

Sharkies have the most over-rated foward pack in history, especially in defence. Woods especially is very lazy.
Xerri and Wade Graham will cause massive issues on their edge though.

We can beat either side imo.

Tigers are pretty poor tbh.

Sharkies have the most over-rated foward pack in history, especially in defence. Woods especially is very lazy.
Xerri and Wade Graham will cause massive issues on their edge though.
Xerri is overrated too.

Well considering where the BWSE finished in Canterbury cup I don't think the Tigpies or Gummies will have too much trouble disposing of us. Add in that the guys who will likely play , (AFB, Fainu, Jake, DCE, Suli, Parker, Api) are all playing with injuries, we are royally screwed.

We flogged Tigers a few weeks ago. Sharks are full of experience and are a side that always compete well with the Storm .It’s a no brainer as to the better option as to who we play even if we do have a good record against the sharks.

I think given the situation with injuries and the odds stacking up against us, Des is going to have the team (who ever that is made up of), absolutely primed.

Everyone is off us, and I just get a sense that in front of a big home crowd, they will really be ripping in and giving it a huge shake.

From my perspective, this year, in the shape we’re in, this is our grand final. Anything else from here would be unbelievable.

We've been written off everywhere, with good reason looking at last months form and injury toll. Can only hope that whoever we play has a shocker. We won't get any favours from the whistle clowns but just maybe we can pull out 1 final miracle for the year. Des will try to get the best out of what's left so all we can do is support the boys and hope for the best.

My YART for next week.....

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Corey Waddell
SR - Jack Gosiewski
LK - Api Koroisau

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Sean Keppie
BE - Morgan Boyle

Res - Cade Cust, Tevita Funa, Haumole Olakau'atu, Tony Williams.

Depending of course on the availability of Jetski and Boyle. If they are out, I'd start either Keppie in the back row or Perrett up front and AFB in the back row with either or both Olakau'atu or T-Rex on the bench. That also depends on if we have to add T-Rex and if the NRL allow it.

Unfortunately with the injuries to Thommo, Tom, Siro, Paseka and with Marty being suspended.....we don't have a lot of options, especially in the forwards and without messing too much with the backline. I know a lot seem to want to see Cust back in the side, but out of him and Croker I can more see Des going with Croker than Cust.

Last edited:
Really frustrating with a full strength team we would make the preliminary finals !! I’m afraid we can’t beat any teams with our injuries it will affect our defence and attack !!

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Corey Waddell
SR - Jack Gosiewski
LK - Api Koroisau

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Sean Keppie
BE - Morgan Boyle

Depending of course on the availability of Jetski and Boyle. If they are out, I'd start either Keppie in the back row or Perrett up front and AFB in the back row with either or both Olakau'atu or T-Rex on the bench. That also depends on if we have to add T-Rex and if the NRL allow it.

Unfortunately with the injuries to Thommo, Tom, Siro, Paseka and with Marty being suspended.....we don't have a lot of options, especially in the forwards. I know a lot seem to want to see Cust back in the side, but out of him and Croker I can more see Des going with Croker than Cust.
Has some merit but doubt that Jake will be moved from the back with the current structures in place . Can only see AP I as the starting 9 or bench . let 's hope that Jet Ski and Boyle are available

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Corey Waddell
SR - Jack Gosiewski
LK - Api Koroisau

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Sean Keppie
BE - Morgan Boyle

There are uncertainties re who is available. Perhaps Marty will try to have his charge downgraded if the gamble of receiving an extra week's suspension is worth it. Rather than replacing players of like position, maybe the best 17 players capable of lifting the team's performance could be considered. A team from left field:

Elliot
Garrick
Walker (R)
Funa (L)
Suli
Croker
DCE
Jake
Parker (L)
Jack (R)
Boyle
Fainu
AFB

Api
Waddell
Keppie
Perrett

If Boyle is not available, start Perrett at prop & include Olakauátu on the bench. Funa & Suli's centre & wing positions could be swapped. I think Parker is capable of playing a similar role to Thompson on the left edge. Of course, this team is just a hypothetical. Des is unlikely to drop players from the regular squad, but could possibly make positional changes.

BTW, I think either the Sharks or TIgers would be difficult to beat. The Tigers put in good performances most weeks & Benji is a great game manager. The Sharks are less consistent, but have strike power across the park.

Edit: seems Marty's charge won't be appealed as downgrade to grade 2 may be possible, but not to grade 1

Last edited:

FB - Brendan Elliot
WG - Jorge Taufua
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Moses Suli
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Dylan Walker
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Addin Fonua-Blake
HK - Manase Fainu
PR - Jake Trbojevic
SR - Corey Waddell
SR - Jack Gosiewski
LK - Api Koroisau

BE - Lachlan Croker
BE - Lloyd Perrett
BE - Sean Keppie
BE - Morgan Boyle

Unfortunately with the injuries to Thommo, Tom, Siro, Paseka and with Marty being suspended.....we don't have a lot of options, especially in the forwards and without messing too much with the backline. I know a lot seem to want to see Cust back in the side, but out of him and Croker I can more see Des going with Croker than Cust.

NRL.com

Sun 8 Sep 2019, 09:06 AM

• Morgan Boyle (shoulder, finals week 1)
  • Curtis Sironen (foot, TBC)
  • Taniela Paseka (knee, TBC)
  • Brad Parker (concussion, TBC)
  • Jack Gosiewski (knee, finals week 1)
  • Tom Trbojevic (pectoral, season)
  • Albert Hopoate (knee, season)
  • Toafofoa Sipley (knee, season)
  • Joel Thompson (arm, season)

Everyone on the footy show on 9 has written up off as losing to whoever wins today.

Sounds like good odds will be available.

People seem to be assuming Parker will play, and I sure hope he does, but I think that may not have been his first head injury last week so he may be in some doubt too.
So bet on Manly by all means but make sure you get good odds!

He’s been horrible pretty much since he returned

His lazy efforts in attack are regressing our attack massively. Timing is off, passes are poor. I’d like him to move to the bench and play something luke 20 minutes, that’s all.
Yep it’s all Apis fault. Watching him get burned on both sides of the field against Parra, I mean why couldn’t he have been there to stop all of Sivos tries. Just lazy. And when we did eventually get some ball, Jake and AFB come up with unforced errors to gift the ball back to Parra. But obviously it must of been the passes from Api that contributed to those knock-ons. And with the penalties, possession and momentum fully with Parra, why couldn’t Api get us on the front foot?
Yes Api hasn’t been playing as well as 4-6 weeks ago. Now why could that be I wonder? Umm how about at the same time his fourth kid is born, the coach taps him on the shoulder and says yeah, I know you’ve still got two years on your contract, but we need you to ahh,umm, sorta fvck off mate, we need the cash for the Ts. Of course Api handled it gracefully on the outside. But it was obvious and not unexpected that this would have an impact on his on field performances. But to suggest he only play 20 minutes (or none at all as some other posters have fictionalised ) is just ludicrous! We will field possibly our most under strength side ever. He’s been a great player for us and has played thru persistent calf injuries. He has helped in Fainus development.
Saturday could very well be the end of our season. A season, that had most ppl writing us off altogether. Yes the injuries suck bad, but we should be damned proud of the players, coach, and coaching staff. What we should not be doing is sticking it to a bloke that has overcome his own personal adversities in life, played his heart out for us, and will no doubt put his body on the line again on Saturday night.

Last edited:
Why don't they show replays for offside penalties anymore? I can only assume that both Fox and 9 are part of the NRL agenda

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10