Ferg and Duges date night.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Is anyone going to comment on the fact that all the Qld team would of celebrated hard after the game and then some of them backed up for club teams on the weekend?

Oh ok. If Ray Hadley says so... :) Does he still have some connections in the blues camp?

To be honest Bozo, I don't really care. My opinion is that the game wasn't won or lost on the actions of a winger and centre and for me it doesn't expose some deep seeded lack of commitment. Just 2 boneheads having a few beers and home in bed by 9pm. Personally, I believe if it was so terrible, Laurie would have the balls to deal with the situation.

I hope both aren't there next year anyway so hopefully that comes out of it...

I'd go with a 2018 backline of 1) Teddy, 2) Mansour, 3) Walker, 4) Bird, 5) Turbo, 6) Moylan, 7) Cleary.
If it wasn't a winger or centre that cost them the game then it was a whinger .....
NRL FOX
Several days before the game Daley told David Klemmer he was going to start the game in place of Andrew Fifita. It was a sound tactic.

Asked a question, Klemmer could not lie.

“Yes, I was told I was starting,” Klemmer said. “But I didn’t. That is all I will say.”

Most reports, the politest way they can be described, are that Fifita aggressively questioned the tactic, to the point Daley relented and allowed him to start, leaving the rest of the squad frustrated.

What happened to this culture of team buy-in? They were sacrificing a sound strategy to please a player?

The failings begin from the top down.

The Blues are called in to camp and as quickly as they can they fly to Kingscliff on the Queensland border. As far from the heart of NSW as they can be. Hessian netting is wrapped around the ground for training sessions to stop prying eyes seeing in.

The Blues isolate themselves, tucked in their own world.

Queensland embrace their State. They fly into towns like Toowoomba and Rockhampton and Mackay and spend a day signing autographs and absorbing what it means to represent these people.

Training is open and Queenslanders are welcomed to be part of it.

Their first words are always about the honour of playing for Queensland and not letting their state down.

The Blues merely speak to it, undone by a few, and still they do not learn.

As I said in my last post Batty , Its all those little things that matter and its our attitude and not our aptitude that will eventually determine our success
f77a3ee0fe57eef7a8f6db46cb7a9254.jpg

Spent the free day off in the build to origin 3 just a couple of days before the game and while the others went and saw family, had a game of golf and lunch, Ferg and Duges drove 80kms to a pub and drank the pub dry till 8 at night. Don't you love the blues culture!

I tip my hat at them, many times I have tried to drink a pub dry but alas I have never been able to succeed.

Best is 8 of us getting through a full keg in 4 hours so for 2 guys to get through an entire pubs worth that really is impressive.

Is anyone going to comment on the fact that all the Qld team would of celebrated hard after the game and then some of them backed up for club teams on the weekend?

Winners are grinners @tugga8, no cares if their team wins!
ps: All the Qld clubs (Brisbane, Gold Coast and NQ) all won backing up anyhow!

Wasn't there and don't know what really happened and over it now.I believe Daley's time to go has come,but if anyone truly thinks Walters has any more control over the Qlders than Daley has over NSW they are kidding themselves...Smith and Cronk (Thurston before injury)were in charge of Qld this year and made the decisions for the team after the first loss(yeah I believe that those 2[3] instill a better culture than NSW but it doesn't change the fact that the players are dictating to the part time coaches in SOO now).Walters is safe now that Qld has won but I doubt he is instilling respect(in himself as a coach) in the squad for when those 3 are gone.He is an ordinary coach and will be found out one day,the players who will be there for the next 5-6 years are seeing and learning that he is not the man and not in charge.The one thing I do agree with Hadley about is that it is time for a hard arse to come in and run the show,don't know about Pay,but Tooves would be good in the role.By the way,Lennox Point Hotel is one good place to spend 8 hours for a few,been there many times...

Spent the free day off in the build to origin 3 just a couple of days before the game and while the others went and saw family, had a game of golf and lunch, Ferg and Duges drove 80kms to a pub and drank the pub dry till 8 at night. Don't you love the blues culture!

Dugs was very disappointing all series

Personally, I believe if it was so terrible, Laurie would have the balls to deal with the situation.

Don't be so sure of that. The situation with Fifita starting after he had a whinge about being dropped to the bench kinda says that he doesn't have the balls to deal with it.

Mate, while I won't argue about Kent or the media, I stand by what I said about Daley. He's too much of one of the boys to be a hard nosed coach, especially one in a representative arena like Origin where egos run rampant.

And considering Klemmer's comments about being told he would start, then not (and that's all he would say), I do think that someone is telling porkies and I'm more inclined to believe that Fifi is the one with Pinocchio's nose trying to cover his own arse.

I don't doubt Luke Lewis' integrity, I am doubting that Fifita was telling him the truth on the matter.

Last edited:
So apparently this all happened on Friday before the game.

I have read in the papers it was 3 or 4 days before and then heard last night on triple m that it was "Friday, 6 days before the game". I think a few journalists/commentators may have spent the day with them given their inability to count.

Apart from any date discrepancies of the events I see a career for Fergo and Duges. In the tradition of Geordie Shore - confesses to have watched this most pathetic show with a daughter - Fergo and Duges could star in a similar series -sponsored by Instagram - running pub and rooftop party tours, culminating in getting a thousandth tattoo at Bondi Ink.
Give up footy now boys!
Anyone with a title for this show please share!

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/fr...i/news-story/2bef7aea33c90d9bc194d74ad003ebac

I highly doubt that Fifita knew nothing of the plan to start him from the bench until shortly before the team ran out as named. From the reports I've read, the Blues actually trained in the lead up with Klemmer and not Fifita running with the starting side.

That tells me that Fifita knew exactly what was supposed to happen and that what he told Luke Lewis was BS. Ok sure, there might not have been a "blow up" between Daley and Fifita about the change, but he definitely knew about it long before they were in the Suncorp sheds last Wednesday.

Klemmer apparently knew about the change as did the rest of the team so why didn't Fifita? Like I said, I call BS that he didn't know.

Fifita and his brother verbally abuse and threaten junior referees, I wouldn't place any weight on something he says. He'd be in jail by now if he wasn't handy on a football field. I've got no doubt he'd lie about something like this without a seconds thought.

So apparently this all happened on Friday before the game.

I have read in the papers it was 3 or 4 days before and then heard last night on triple m that it was "Friday, 6 days before the game". I think a few journalists/commentators may have spent the day with them given their inability to count.
Geez!!! Friday to Wednesday is FIVE days people. It was ever thus.

Apart from any date discrepancies of the events I see a career for Fergo and Duges. In the tradition of Geordie Shore - confesses to have watched this most pathetic show with a daughter - Fergo and Duges could star in a similar series -sponsored by Instagram - running pub and rooftop party tours, culminating in getting a thousandth tattoo at Bondi Ink.
Give up footy now boys!
Anyone with a title for this show please share!
Neck tatts and bacardi daq's

A couple of mates have a couple of beers over lunch and they're to blame for the series loss and a symbol of the "we don't get origin" attitude ... gimme a break

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8