Fan arrested, released without charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Have to agree. I’ve seen that bloke with the 9 on his back commit ghastly criminal acts - including trying to decapitate people, rip their arms off, repeatedly striking them in the head with his elbow, and chokehold them into unconsciousness. The Sharks should be fined for letting this dangerous psychopath anywhere near the players and in the shot here he is just a metre away from some innocent fans, which is totally unacceptable.
One of your best @MadMarcus .:clap:

The interesting part re the security company is that on the southern side of the tunnel the security guards stood along the tunnel AND slid temporary fencing all the way along, giving another metre’s buffer between fans and the tunnel...

BUT on the northern side, where I saw 2 or 3 “juiced-up fans” coming in to stir Chambers, it seems the guards were too slow to pull the fencing out and either couldn’t get it there in time or didn’t think it was worth it for the few seconds it took for Chambers to walk past. That seemed to contribute to this escalation.

PS. Greenberg doesn’t have a leg to stand on re security around players running on or off. I just watched Dragons and Tigers players entering the field at the SCG on channel 9 and fans were hanging over the wall high-fiving players. This is riskier than the current tunnel at Brookie: any one of those fans could have been holding a phone!!

The issue with the players’ race and the medicab access to the field (last year’s big ‘disaster’) should have been fixed before now. It’s good to see the Council coughing up money for the playing surface, fencing etc.

However with the amalgamation of the three councils into one and the ground sponsorship money, you would hope that these relatively minor fixes can come in for further attention. They seem to drive an inordinate amount of criticism Manly’s way that can be solved fairly quickly and cheaply.

Along with building the CoE and associated stand, that whole concourse area in front of the JT and KA stands is a crappy patchwork quilt of asphalt trip hazards that needs to go. Extend those stands down to the perimeter fence ASAP, along with upgraded ‘back of house’ facilities in the JT. Then put in new and improved facilities behind the Hill, plus new seats around the eastern and southern perimeters. Brookvale is possibly the last ground in regular NRL use that still has these. It’s pathetic for a club (and a council representing a wealthy area) that was a leader 50-odd years ago in rectangularising it’s ground, that those same wooden benches are still place.

You have a larger rateable base, fix it!

Just read Greenturds bile about the threat to take our hard earned semi of us over this incident last night. No doubt it was a bad look and the fan needs to understand that this is not footy as he stated!! There is nothing wrong with verbals and a guy like Chambers deserves no favours from our fans. If Brooky has to be up to standard, how about Whinger Park and the pitch invasions this season? ANZ when his own fans threw a bottle that hit a vermin player? Brookvale oval has hosted games for over 70 years and I do not remember too many ugly incidents like that one last night. Typical Greenturd all knee jerk and no perspective. The fan should be banned as per the law and security ie, the player tunnel needs to be covered for the duration of the game. if that is what it takes.

I think the media also need to take a chill pill when all week leading up to the game it is ad nausea about the battle of Brookvale, guys its tired and all it does is put petrol on the fire of the rivalry we have with the Drizzle. Abuse at games is normal, go to Drizzle park and see what their fans dish up to away fans, that is part of the game and always will be!

The guy just tried to take a picture of the grub when he left the field. There was no punch, there was nothing. If Chambers keeps walking then nothing happens, but of course the king of niggle has to come back for a second go to escalate the situation. If he was truly in fear and worried about his safety why did he decide to turn around and confront the guy ?? Just a complete beat up. I've seen worse at other grounds when fans throw bottles at players and refs - has ANZ Stadium lost it's finals hosting privileges ?? Greenturd is a clown, just so predictable.

Yep.

Also not hard to imagine a spiel from NRL threatening to move the final from Brookvale if "player safety cannot be guaranteed", or words to that effect.

I want to give this an ironstine because Toddy copied it word for word but more at toddy then you

Shark Park is even more dangerous
images
Chambers didn't even get charged by the MRC ........ gee what a surprise.

Just the sort of soft non issue that Todd loves to get straight into the media about for comment. Any tough decisions or real issues you can find Todd hiding under his desk, his beady eyes peering out from under a blanket draped over his head. Is it any wonder this bloke is so universally loathed.

As usual - what he says amounts to nothing zero zilch. Play on.

The emperor has no clothes.....

This has nothing to do with the Chambers incident but just want to highlight some issues I had with Security on Saturday night, they've been shambolic for a while.
We entered via the gates at the Northern end at around 4.15
I jokingly said to my daughter as we were walking down the hill that tonight would be easy to bring our own grog in as my backpack was stuffed with raincoats and ponchos and that their cursory feel
wouldn't uncover anything.
Well bugger me if when we got to the entrance and I was the next one to present my bag the guy just left his station for a moment to attend to something else and I walked straight in jokingly saying "damn I could've brought a six pack in.." loudly enough for the people behind me to hear and laugh, scanned my card and walked in.
Not one other staff member/security said or did anything - no checks and balances.

Went to the can bar and we got two each, my son said he wanted something to eat so not thinking we just walked towards the kiosk under the scoreboard on the family hill, no Security to stop us.
Got to the front of the line, ordered my sons food, put my beers on the counter to get my wallet out, no one said a word to me about having beers in there - I even commented to the supervisor that she was doing a good job as she was checking if the pies were hot enough yet.

It was only when were walking down to the concourse that I realised that I was in there with beers.
As we walked out the gate to go to the hill I jokingly said to the security guy that someone at the top of the hill wasn't doing their job as we had got in with beers and we kept walking.
We had gone about 15m when he chased us and said "hey, you can't go in there with beers, you've got to go back", I laughed and said "mate, we're allowed in here we can't go in there" pointing to the family hill area that we'd just come from.
He sheepishly looked back to where he had just come from which was right in front of the restricted area sign and then went back to his post.

If this is the quality of the security that is commonplace amongst all of them, then no wonder we had
a problem.

These two issues I raised are no biggie in the scheme of things but if I was an idiot that was prone to cause trouble then I've got past security twice without even trying or thinking about it.

Had issues before with what food you're allowed to bring in etc, again no biggie but just wanted to highlight the general haphazard standard of the security company.

I know they're contracted but they need to be better.

I hate the fact that we need to have bag searches, we can't bring in certain things, sit in certain areas with a beer but if that's now the norm then they really need to do better.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with the Chambers incident but just want to highlight some issues I had with Security on Saturday night, they've been shambolic for a while.
We entered via the gates at the Northern end at around 4.15
I jokingly said to my daughter as we were walking down the hill that tonight would be easy to bring our own grog in as my backpack was stuffed with raincoats and ponchos and that there cursory feel
wouldn't uncover anything.
Well bugger me if when we got to the entrance and I was the next one to present my bag the guy just left his station for a moment to attend to something else and I walked straight in jokingly saying "damn I could've brought a six pack in.." loudly enough for the people behind me to hear and laugh, scanned my card and walked in.
Not one other staff member/security said or did anything - no checks and balances.

Went to the can bar and we got two each, my son said he wanted something to eat so not thinking we just walked towards the kiosk under the scoreboard on the family hill, no Security to stop us.
Got to the front of the line, ordered my sons food, put my beers on the counter to get my wallet out, no one said a word to me about having beers in there - I even commented to the supervisor that she was doing a good job as she was checking if the pies were hot enough yet.

It was only when were walking down to the concourse that I realised that I was in there with beers.
As we walked out the gate to go to the hill I jokingly said to the security guy that someone at the top of the hill wasn't doing their job as we had got in with beers and we kept walking.
We had gone about 15m when he chased us and said "hey, you can't go in there with beers",

I've heard of not wanting to look gift horses in the mouth but jeebus!!!! Ever thought of just counting your lucky stars and keeping quiet?

@:D@:D@:D@:D

-kidding

The interesting part re the security company is that on the southern side of the tunnel the security guards stood along the tunnel AND slid temporary fencing all the way along, giving another metre’s buffer between fans and the tunnel...

BUT on the northern side, where I saw 2 or 3 “juiced-up fans” coming in to stir Chambers, it seems the guards were too slow to pull the fencing out and either couldn’t get it there in time or didn’t think it was worth it for the few seconds it took for Chambers to walk past. That seemed to contribute to this escalation.
Its all a nothing incident the guy didn't do anything the footage showed that. These days anything that happens people like yo bitch and moan about it.. iv given it to players walking up the tunnel so what the guy put his phone in his face big deal.. yet its news all wknd long... idiots

Embrace the hate people.

Everyone (including Todd) doesn't like our club being successful.

Best thing we can do is win and upset their agendas even further.
I imagine in his quieter moments that Todd Emeraldmount is still steamed up that all that underhanded stuff to poach Hasler back in 2011, ultimately came to nothing.

Hasler and his team, accepting their instructions from Demountable HQ at Narrabeen, put on shiny faces for the Belmore faithful, but ultimately left the joint in 2017 as a listing wreck; like a dive bombed Japanese aircraft carrier off Midway, prior to the coup de grace on 4/5 June 1942.

Recently decrypted message, emanating from somewhere in southwestern Sydney, circa Sep 17:

“Brookvale, Narrabeen, mission completed.”

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8