Expectations for today....what's acceptable?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
As much as I was unhappy with Myles running meters I haven't been able to fathom why we let him go (half way through the year) from a defensive persepctive. Coupled with the loss of Jorges powerful returns and missing both Sironen and AFB, it's going to another tough day at the office.
That said, I expect us to want this game more than the roosters, so there's no excuses as far as I'm concerned.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
Tired of players saying this week will be a "good test" which indicates we are on the same level as the chooks. FMD they should have the mentality that they are no where near as good as the Roosters are and that they have something to prove.

We won't win but as long as we have a good crack. We can only improve from the last two weeks "tests".

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As long as it isn't a replay of last night's Broncs/ Tits game. I went to the game, and the poor ol Titans fans copped it. I managed to get myself into a nice little push and shove with two Bronco morons. :swear:.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
I'd love our performance today to be a throwback to the 2014 match at Brookie. The Roosters had a monster forward pack and were all over us the entire game but we came with a 24-16 win through smart play and a spirited showing. There was a nifty little highlight to top the performance off when Foran shaped the attack to go left in the Roosters 20 before a sneaky inside play saw Snake score in the middle of the field. The try was classy af

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Line speed and contact- actually control that ruck tempo
On the flip side, win some attack to create momentum and give the kickers time to establish field position....

court83

Bencher
manly need to atleast stand up... anything close to the last 2 weeks is absolutely unacceptable..
And IF we do get another beating, would be nice for the excuses to stay home for the week.. no "it was the refs" or "we had kelly, tafua and afb out" garbage.... remembering roosters come into today missing their star 9 and fullback, there should be NO excuses (unless ofcourse its another penny type penalty count.. then whinge away)

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
I'd love our performance today to be a throwback to the 2014 match at Brookie. The Roosters had a monster forward pack and were all over us the entire game but we came with a 24-16 win through smart play and a spirited showing. There was a nifty little highlight to top the performance off when Foran shaped the attack to go left in the Roosters 20 before a sneaky inside play saw Snake score in the middle of the field. The try was classy af

Gotta say, that try by Tom at the start of the 2nd half was very much like the one mentioned in my earlier post today. Good ****!

Michael Clare

Reserve Grader
One of the bravest comebacks of the season from a side which could have imploded following two bad losses will just have to do I guess. No wonder we love this brave footy side. What a wonderful win!!!

I will make one other comment - I thought last week's loss to the Queensland Storm ... sorry I mean Melbourne Storm was nowhere near as bad as it looked on the scoreboard. Every little thing that could've gone wrong went wrong for our boys last week.

Go Eagles!!!

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So today what is acceptable?

Man for man they have the best team in the Comp, but they aren't ruthless like the storm, they always give you a chance....so let's take it.
Yes they gave us a chance and we took it, and with both hands, so that was acceptable :nod:

weev

Bencher
13+

Why?
1. It's time
2. Barrett is a smart rookie and would have learned a lot from Bellamy.
3. Distraction free week (no throwns or brown paper bags accusations).

I'm bettin' on it.
Though I predicted it and won money I really doubted it after the steal try off DCE. At 28-4 down it felt like we were headed for another crickey score.

The last minute try at 12 points up was pure gold. I do not condone gambling but it was nice odds.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12