Every year we say it....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
This is the closest comp ever.....but this year it is not so much the case.

It is early days but the comp is really splitting it two atm, in fact after this week 5 teams will be 2-6

If we can grind out a few more wins whilst we are down troops we set ourselves really nicely for a run at the 8.

Lets keep it going boys

All the clubs currently at the bottom are capable of making a bit of a run at some stage of the season. And most of those at the top are not exactly bullet-proof. The Chooks being the obvious exception but even so I won't be surprised at all if they fail to go back to back. The comp still is really close but just doesn't look so close right now.

All the clubs currently at the bottom are capable of making a bit of a run at some stage of the season. And most of those at the top are not exactly bullet-proof. The Chooks being the obvious exception but even so I won't be surprised at all if they fail to go back to back. The comp still is really close but just doesn't look so close right now.

Are they though?

Of those 5 I'd be very surprised if the Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs can rally to make the 8.

Panthers and Broncos obviously have the talent and can certainly go on a run but both are a mess atm and Origin will effect both clubs.

Either way, the point remains, we have nudged the door open slightly so hopefully we can keep the momentum up.....2 of the next 4 would be great

I cannot believe I’m saying this but you add TT Walker, fit AFB, DCE back into this side I would give us a very good chance, with the possible exception of the Roosters, of beating every team in the comp even on the biggest of stages. This is a coaching ( and playing) performance for the ages.

Injuries will deny us but this side at full strength would not be out of place facing Robbos sombreros in the first week in October.

Remarkable.

This is the closest comp ever.....but this year it is not so much the case.

It is early days but the comp is really splitting it two atm, in fact after this week 5 teams will be 2-6

If we can grind out a few more wins whilst we are down troops we set ourselves really nicely for a run at the 8.

Lets keep it going boys

I'm pretty sure no team having a 2 from 8 record has ever won a premiership. So, you can put a pencil through those 5 now.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us make the top 4. Sensational effort to be where were are at this stage and if we can have a better second half of the year injury wise anything is possible.

Beating the bongos on Friday will go a long way to making them miss the 8.
Round 9
Let that sink in!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see us make the top 4. Sensational effort to be where were are at this stage and if we can have a better second half of the year injury wise anything is possible.
With the players coming back lie injuries could continue the same and our squad gets better
DCE
Turbo
Walker
Taufua
Croaks

Are they though?

Of those 5 I'd be very surprised if the Titans, Warriors and Bulldogs can rally to make the 8.

Panthers and Broncos obviously have the talent and can certainly go on a run but both are a mess atm and Origin will effect both clubs.

Either way, the point remains, we have nudged the door open slightly so hopefully we can keep the momentum up.....2 of the next 4 would be great
Absolutely, some are all but done already in terms of finals footy, but I still think those teams are capable of beating the higher teams on any given day. Especially Broncos, Panthers, Cows and Knights, all of whom started as popular picks to play finals.
A few things go wrong, and next minute they are also-rans. Shows it is a very close comp.

I cannot believe I’m saying this but you add TT Walker, fit AFB, DCE back into this side I would give us a very good chance, with the possible exception of the Roosters, of beating every team in the comp even on the biggest of stages. This is a coaching ( and playing) performance for the ages.

Injuries will deny us but this side at full strength would not be out of place facing Robbos sombreros in the first week in October.

Remarkable.
I also can't believe you're saying it, but it's not totally outlandish, our aspirations realistically are being adjusted upwards after each win.
As for the Chooks - sure, right now they are a class above, but an awful lot can (and does) happen between now and grand final day!

Are they though?

Of those you named.....

The Tits I don't think are capable of making the top 8.

The Warriors, as always, could surprise. But you never know which Warriors side will turn up.

The Dogs don't have the talent, but like last night they are a side that won't die wondering.

The Panthers.....IF they get things together they are definitely capable of going on a run.

Brisbane have the favourable draw, all the best of everything.....but I don't know if they have the talent or the coach to get back on track. In saying that, next week is definitely a danger for us especially as we will be missing Turbo, DCE, Walker, Croker and possibly Jorge and AFB and/or Marty.

I think the sharks will make a run when they get their cattle back. Penrith are gone imo now kikau and yeo are out. Cleary will play origin, possibly Maloney. I honestly think cleary snr has no idea. It's a long way back for them and I think their already done. Cowboys are a different team with lolo and I reckon could sneak in the 8. Unsure about brisbane

Remarkable.

Exactly , and who would have picked it, certainly not me!!

Remarkable.

Absolutely !

Every one in the media is praising Des for turning Manly around from a wooden spoon pretender to a premiership contender

The power of a great motivator of men is for all to see .

The mind is the most powerful tool to work with

Once you get into a persons mind and switch them on they rise to another level

And this is what has happened to all our players under Des

As far as the Roosters team goes . They are not unbeatable . If Souths can beat them so can we .

And We can only get better . We are now believing and are improving with every challenge that comes our way

To all our Manly boys .......

maxresdefault.jpg

Exactly , and who would have picked it, certainly not me!!

I’m not saying it solely on us getting everyone on the paddock because we still need a couple of new players to be definite regular top 4 contenders. A lot of it is because outside the roosters there is a real even look to this comp.

Melbourne have been lucky to win a couple of games and don’t look dominant and Bellamy obviously recognised that and we beat the other top 4 sides Souths and Canberra with a decimated roster. The other mooted dangers Penrith , Broncos and Cowboys look very ordinary. Sharks have been average but will get better with troops available but so will we.

Quite simply on current form with players back we would be a good chance to beat all bar the Roosters. The other teams are simply not that good.

I’m not saying it solely on us getting everyone on the paddock because we still need a couple of new players to be definite regular top 4 contenders. A lot of it is because outside the roosters there is a real even look to this comp.

Melbourne have been lucky to win a couple of games and don’t look dominant and Bellamy obviously recognised that and we beat the other top 4 sides Souths and Canberra with a decimated roster. The other mooted dangers Penrith , Broncos and Cowboys look very ordinary. Sharks have been average but will get better with troops available but so will we.

Quite simply on current form with players back we would be a good chance to beat all bar the Roosters. The other teams are simply not that good.
I actually think our forward pack is better than the Roosters' at this point. To beat them we would just need to force them to play our game and not theirs.

Not all is well at the storm. Players not getting along.

I also can't believe you're saying it, but it's not totally outlandish, our aspirations realistically are being adjusted upwards after each win.
As for the Chooks - sure, right now they are a class above, but an awful lot can (and does) happen between now and grand final day!
If we get 10 wins from the next 17 rounds we will finish on 30 points. Bye's included.

If our previous coach was still here (isn't he still under contract lol ) I'd be very Happy with a 2-6 start.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8