1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epa Lauake

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by double hoops, Oct 17, 2014.

1. double hoops

double hoops Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,622 / 113
    As most of u will know I think the Elephant man should have been playing in our top grade at seasons end. He' listed as not having a contract on zerotackle. Sometimes they just aren't in the know. Interested in opinions out there. Should the club be giving the big fella another 12 months?

2. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,843 / 190
    Of what I have seen of him he was a handful in the NSW cup and just needed conditioning .

• Like Like x 1
  3. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    He has a fair mop on him. Probably better to shampoo before conditioning.

• Like Like x 8
  4. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    From the games I saw have seen.
    Pros - Yes, he's a big unit and can bend the line
    - can offload in traffic ( if it's on )
    Cons - Lazy in the ruck in attack and defence
    - Lazy in defence
    - Poor handling
    - Not real smart in offload choices
    - etc
    A bit like a poor man's She-Rex really.

Reggies at best or we're in trouble.

Sao is only 21 and about the same standard but at least has time on his side so at least there's hope.

Jake T is way ahead of both of them so would expect him to start as # 3 prop.

5. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    If he was any good he would have played by now. Our prop depth isn't what you'd call top class, and add to that the amount of injuries we had at the end of the season and he still couldn't crack a spot.

Happy to be proven wrong as I haven't seen any NSW cup games this year, but I would have thought he would have debuted by now if he was showing anything resembling first grade standard.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Obviously without knowing, I'm guessing the club has some internal benchmarks players need to meet if they are play in the top grade and I'm guessing he just didn't meet them. Whether it was fitness levels or things they wanted him to achieve in the reggies, he didn't aim up. Got no dramas with Tooves not picking him if they gave him some strict things to achieve and he didn't.

7. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    I read he was suffering depression which limited his time

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    With everyone calling him elephant man I'm not surprised.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    I only saw 3 halves of NSW cup but this is my take on it as well. Sao for me was disappointing this year, didn't seem to improve on his game from last year but he was playing in the second row and that didn't seem to suit.

10. Harry

Harry Active Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0
    I watched him and I liked him. He had some mongrel, he is big and intimidating and is not behind some of the props we have at the moment. The thing that peed me off was the guy wasn't given hardly any time on the field. Why Willow didn't give him much game time is beyond me as the guy lacked match fitness. I would have him coming off the bench in our top side and being used as a weapon. Yes I would sign him up for another season and get him doing some extra fitness with Toovey's lot

• Like Like x 2
  11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Fair enough then. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hope he gets another year and gets better both on and off the field.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hamster Huey

Hamster Huey Space Invader Premium Member

Ratings:
    +990 / 7
    From the Sportal site;

Q. Epa Hame Lauaki is he still with the club or goone?

A: He has left the club.