1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enough of Alex "Chumpy" Pullin

Discussion in 'Silvertails Soapbox' started by Chip and Chase, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Couldn't give a toss whether he won or lost at Sochi, but what I am sick of is seeing/hearing him being referred to constantly as Alex "Chumpy" Pullin in all forms of media (print,radio,TV).

FFS either call him Alex or Chumpy.... not BOTH !!! Was Warnie referred to ad nauseum as Shane "Warnie" Warne ?? Is the current Aussie Captain Michael "Pup" Clarke ?? Do we hear about Steven "Beaver" Menzies ?? What about Jeff "Marrickville Mauler" Fenech ?

If he doesn't want to be called Alex then just run with Chumpy ? He just sounds like a complete w@nker when he has to be called Alex "Chumpy" Pullin every freaking time. What ?? we won't know who "Chumpy" Pullin is if he is mentioned in dispatches ?? Please !!! it's been rammed down our throat for the last 4 years or more, of course we know his nickname. I hope he retires and does us all a favour

/rant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    I'd never heard of him until I read your post. :s
    But I agree it's something that needs to be sorted! :p

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,552 / 32
    He did'nt live up to expectations. Chumpy could'nt carve it...

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I think he has dropped the Y from his name now.

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Go chumpy go! 2 x world champ!

Bad luck in the snowboard cross, but anyone who knows anything about the sport knows hits and falls happen. Tis a bit of a lottery. 3 Aussies all knocked over is pretty unlucky.

But for chip and chase's sake, better sort out the nickname thing.

Or should it just be chip

or chase

But not both...!

6. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 65
    Never stood a chance ..When you are a international athlete ,you shouldn't be Chumpy anyhows...

7. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    CROSS COUNTRY: Australian cross country skier Aimee Watson has pulled off a performance her nation should be extremely proud of, after pushing herself to the limit to finish the gruelling 30km Mass Start Free.

As Watson entered the stadium for the final time the crowd erupted, chanting her name and urging her across the finishing line in what was another advertisement of the never-say-die attitude that comes with wearing the green and gold uniform.

Well off the back of the field and little chance of making up anymore places the 26-year-old toughed it out to come 54th, ensuring another Olympic result to her name.

“When I start something I like to finish it,” Watson said.

“Not many people get the opportunity to be at the Olympics and everyone in Australia knows how hard it is for all of us to get here.

“You may not be the fastest skier out there but you’re proud of what you’ve achieved.”

In a race where Norway clean-sweeped the medals, Watson was 22:54.9 off gold medallist Marit Bjoergen on what is renowned as one of the toughest courses on the world circuit.