Enjoy the new site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
speaking of "Strike that" are we still able to do strike through text [s/]

Yes you can. If you look at all the above options in the reply box....click on the "+" (plus) sign at the end. The drop down box contains options and one of them is strike through.

see? Ya silly boofhead?!?!?! ge is a wonderful man!!!!

That's all she wrote!

btw.... thanks dan ya big :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

:rofl::rofl:@:cool:

Errr, the site seems to have gone back to a different style. I can't find the alternate silvertails button.

No biggie, is it just me of did this occur for everyone?

I removed the first theme that we had and left the "alternate" one in place. I needed to do some template updates and it would take me forever to make the changes in both templates. Will probably do that later

I removed the first theme that we had and left the "alternate" one in place. I needed to do some template updates and it would take me forever to make the changes in both templates. Will probably do that later

Thanks mate.

Hope no one from your family is in the path of that cyclone.

And you too @Jethro get the hell outta there!

Thanks mate.

Hope no one from your family is in the path of that cyclone.

And you too @Jethro get the hell outta there!

If it hits hervey bay we have friends and family there.

Jethro, even if it is a fizzer can you some how get the roof to come of my house so I can just claim the insurance and be done with it

@globaleagle & @Dan

It's been a real fizzer so far. The weather was more wet and wild yesterday. Today has been hot, extremely humid and sunny all day. There has been a little bit of a breeze picking up this afternoon though so we will just have to wait and see what happens when it gets down west of this way some time tomorrow morning. It crossed the coast around 9am this morning just north of Yeppoon as a Cat 5 cyclone and has passed through Rockhampton as about a Cat 4 and is currently west of Gladstone as a Cat 3. It is not expected to come anywhere near Hervey Bay as the track that it is taking will take it south from Rockhampton to a point midway between Mundubbera and Gayndah as a Cat 1 Cyclone and then down towards Kingaroy.

cyclone_marcia_6pm-43v1jw62fvw7ynqjpj2_t460.png

sh1315.gif

How many cartons of milk and loaves of bread did you buy?
I assume the Hervey bay brainless hordes went into panic buy mode and all bought 10 lifted of milk and 10 loaves of bread each?

The anount of dusty locals that said "i told you we were due for one" must be unbearable

None since there was any hint of a cyclone but prior to then, we did get two loaves of bread from the Kawungan Bakery and stocked up with our usual bulk buy of milk last week when we did our 2 - 3 weekly grocery shopping trip.

As soon as it was reported that there was a cyclone heading towards Queensland's central coast, all of the 'Hervey bay brainless hordes' did go into panic mode as usual and emptied the supermarket shelves of bread and both fresh and long-life milk and other supposed 'essentials' by the end of that day. Most of them even kept their kids away from school today because of the cyclone even though it wasn't even scheduled to come anywhere near here until late today or Saturday morning. We only had about 90 to 100 students turn up to Sandy Strait State School and Kawungan State School supposedly only had about 25 kids turn up.

My daughter posted the following on Facebook this afternoon:

"Hows this for a laugh. Greedy panic buyers spotted trying to return excess bread & milk at Woolies today!!!! & of course they weren't allowed to :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D i say sucked in, & enjoy your milk sandwiches idiots!!"

That's classic. I've never seen anything like it. It is amusing that a lot of the stuff they buy comes in by rail which doesn't get subject to flooding.

Last time there was a flood warning when I was here and I whitnessed that panic buying again, that was pretty much the final nail in the Hervey bay coffin for me

I use Longlife milk in my Nespreso machine, makes much better frothy milk so I usually have a heap in hand, and we always have a bit of " dry food" on hand which we use when we go remote if not near a shop, but it amuses the crap out of me that people go ballistic with this.

I reckon most people could get 2-3 days with just the stuff they have on hand so why bother !!

Stay safe @Jethro and in particular @mozgrame

Is anyone else finding the site slow & clunky on andriod, or is it just me? I find it is not loading properly.

@Dan the mobile version has the background slide show back.
Android has been 'sticky' since yesterday for me too once a thread is open and I scroll up/down

Scrolling has been sticky for me since the background photos were included. Is there any choice to turn them on/off? I'm on a blackberry ....don't laugh.

Interesting no changes were made since well a few weeks ago. I'll add some code which removes the background image on mobile devices later today

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8