ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The problem is with 'overpriced' halves in the market is that we are screaming out for two. The fact we don't have an incumbent there next year means that any half and their agent worth their salt will be demanding big bucks from us.

Through being unable to retain either we have put ourselves at a huge disadvantage in the negotiating stakes with prospective halves. Any conversation with an agent will go as follows:

Manly: We'd like you to sign and we'll pay you x
Agent: Wonderful, we'd like to sign but you need to pay x plus 20%
Manly: No, our offer is x
Agent: You're in no position to negotiate as you have no experienced halves and an ageing forward pack. Our demand is now x plus 25%

We have a gun to our head at the table and will be forced to pay overs for any replacements coming is...or Penn and Kelly go into 2016 playing two inexperienced halves. Can see an argument for one, but not both.

I fail to see how having Bozo back at the table will help us in the negotiation stakes. We have money and a need and player agents know this. It is not like players attend contract negotiations themselves. That's why they have an agent.

As I have said before it is a schoolboy error of immense proportions to have both halves coming off contract at the same time. Further compounded by not securing one of them.

I'm hoping that we get Elgey and then give DCE what he wants to stay.

I actually feel the percentage of the cap halves take up has reached it's peak now and would have started to reduce if the current interchange rules remained the same into the future.
As you can see even Souths with average halves showed that a decent balanced forward pack with punch and size can make average or reasonable halves very effective and with Manly the opposite is the case.

Now if the interchange rule is reduced halves with speed and a good step will be all the rage to take advantage of tired up the middle defences who can play off the cuff---less structured plays and "potentially" less passing plays.

I've always enjoyed tough tight close games with structured ball playing plays ahead of show and go wait for fatigue plays that can sometimes be overly simple and direct.

I actually feel the percentage of the cap halves take up has reached it's peak now and would have started to reduce if the current interchange rules remained the same into the future.
As you can see even Souths with average halves showed that a decent balanced forward pack with punch and size can make average or reasonable halves very effective and with Manly the opposite is the case.

Now if the interchange rule is reduced halves with speed and a good step will be all the rage to take advantage of tired up the middle defences who can play off the cuff---less structured plays and "potentially" less passing plays.

I've always enjoyed tough tight close games with structured ball playing plays ahead of show and go wait for fatigue plays that can sometimes be overly simple and direct.

You sort of contradict yourself you say it's peaked but then say with the impending rule changes those players will excel.

So does this make $CE a bargain at 1.25 Million a year plus brown paper bag spending money??

Mum used to chase me around the backyard with one of those until..........I just stopped running and she caught me. Broke spoon after spoon on me so she gave up with that idea.
Mine too .....
I like what your saying, but your missing the point.

This isn't about FOZ or DCE for that matter, its about kids, the management and the stench of the team that will linger long past the million dollar babies departures.

Takes years to build a culture, takes 6 months to destroy it.
Agree, but we have been through **** times before and our club has the culture and knows how to regroup and rebuild. I reckon we will will be OK......
But we want to rage against the confines of sensibility.
Disorder, panic and chaos will reign until Manly wins four games in a row.
I'm going out into the street to rip down a tree and stomp on it.
I am still scared of your 4 probe wielding aliens ..... we could use them on our side at the moment

This is why we need a property developer like Aranda to come on board. $X in contract money plus a your Mum gets a new apartment in Collaroy for $0...
Cats and dogs can own property right? I assume that's how the slime are setting things up

I've been following manly since 76 and I've seen good and bad times like most of you . My mum who passed away wouldn't ring me on Monday morning to say hi if manly got beat on the weekend lol. It was bloody funny anyway what I'm trying to say is when I heard Foran and Evans were flying the Eagles coup I was a shattered soul , and felt like not supporting them anymore. As time has gone on my bloody head clicked and am now really full focused on my beloved seaeagles. We are at rock bottom at the moment but I guarantee we will come through this we are the manly warringah seaeagles .Cheers my friends.

I'm in Narrabeen but I haven't been down there for about 2 years. Too far...
Well if I can make the effort from Canberra, I'm sure you can take a stroll from Narrabeen.... Mind you, if it's North Narrabeen you're excused :)

I've been following manly since 76 and I've seen good and bad times like most of you . My mum who passed away wouldn't ring me on Monday morning to say hi if manly got beat on the weekend lol. It was bloody funny anyway what I'm trying to say is when I heard Foran and Evans were flying the Eagles coup I was a shattered soul , and felt like not supporting them anymore. As time has gone on my bloody head clicked and am now really full focused on my beloved seaeagles. We are at rock bottom at the moment but I guarantee we will come through this we are the manly warringah seaeagles .Cheers my friends.

Nice one buddy!!

You sort of contradict yourself you say it's peaked but then say with the impending rule changes those players will excel.

So does this make $CE a bargain at 1.25 Million a year plus brown paper bag spending money??
Yes I am saying it has peaked under the current interchange rules-----meaning under the current conditions if they continued on coaches would be more inclined to direct funds into forwards and a little less on top range halves---the trend would be of halves getting a little less of the cap space.

Halves with explosive off the mark speed and stepping like your Shaun Johnson will attract the big money to take advantage of tired defensive lines. In saying that me personally I prefer ballplaying halves ahead of ball running halves if I had the choice---obviously the balance of a little of both is the perfect choice but hard to find.

Ballplayers have more options and harder to shut down than ball runners with limited ballplaying options and a reduced overall skillset----in a fatigue based line break environment though you don't require as many ballplaying skills or options to make a mark.

No DCE's and Forans payment is at the top of the percentage of cap scale----basically like selling your house at the top of the housing market.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10