Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
34 CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 17:30
79:12 minute

Match Stats

Well that was beyond disappointing. It actually hurt to watch this game initially but now I am just incredibly angry. What has happened to our club?

Season after season, I have hope that maybe this year will be different. But it has not been different at all for a very long time. We are just making up the numbers and the corrupt NRL has certainly not helped matters at all.

The thing is, our players still get paid win, lose or draw and clearly Seibs and Flannagan are also here for a pay packet, nothing else. These two have done absolutely nothing to improve our team. Our recruitment is rubbish and our forward planning has been missing for years. We have not had any go forward for a very long time and and that to me is the responsibility of the owner.

Is Manly a tax right off for the owner because it certainly is not a successful 'business' and has not been for years?

It is different for us fans who follow our team because we have real passion for the Manly Sea Eagles.
I just feel for the die hard fans who get very little back but give so much. I know I will always be a Manly fan, but I just cant stomach the way things are at the moment. Whats the definition of insanity, doing the same things and expecting different results? We need change, structure, belief and to do the little things consistently. As well as recruiting decent talent, not has been's.

Not to mention the corrupt NRL, the broadcasters and the betting agencies all of which, have their own agendas. They all have influence on the game and the results. Far too many hands in the pie, ego's and a massive lack of accountability.

It is just heart breaking, Manly is clearly struggling and footy is not like it used to be. So to be able to compete in such a corrupt competition we need to be top notch and we are just not anywhere near it.

If nothing changes, nothing changes.
The problem is we are a very average group with 3 elite players, when they play well the average lift and we jag a few wins
When they are missing we are left with the very average and we lose.
Quite simple really until we can get a lot better roster we will always be the same year in year out be fringe top 8 or below and that’s hard for us die hards

Did anyone else think from the press conference that he was about to unload on Schuster and held back? They asked about the kick and he looked ready for the kill and you could see the cogs turning in his head and thought better of it.

Oh wait there is origin to come on Wednesday night and then the storm away next Saturday night.

This is going to be a long week ahead.

The problem is we are a very average group with 3 elite players, when they play well the average lift and we jag a few wins
When they are missing we are left with the very average and we lose.
Quite simple really until we can get a lot better roster we will always be the same year in year out be fringe top 8 or below and that’s hard for us die hards
I feel that there is simply not enough energy in our forward pack to challenge good sides. It's a cumbersome, slow pack and unless the opposition roll over for us, we have no chance.

Did anyone else think from the press conference that he was about to unload on Schuster and held back? They asked about the kick and he looked ready for the kill and you could see the cogs turning in his head and thought better of it.
Josh is the least of his problems
Why not give it to the soft forwards who he has instilled nothing in them.
We use to hunt as a pack now we are so soft in the front row it's so embarrassing.

Last edited:
Seibold is as great as coach
As Mestrov was a great forward
If they want respect
We want results

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Eels: 34
Manly: 4

354251559_829164281975155_3083047665947811160_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

354444975_829191308639119_7755118237470369665_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Origin injustice: Forgotten Blue reignites Parramatta’s season

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Nothing to report this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, credit where credit's due and @mickqld nailed it in the pre-game thread:
"Away from 4 Pines our forwards lose all grit and grind. They go missing and lack mongrel.
Without the Turbos and DCE we have no leadership and direction. No game management and Weekes has offered nothing so far from fullback." How right Mick was, sadly...

I feel very sorry for all those Manly fans who paid such inflated ticket prices to sit in the away supporters bay and watch that. Just awful.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Eels: 34
Manly: 4

354251559_829164281975155_3083047665947811160_n.jpg

354444975_829191308639119_7755118237470369665_n.jpg

Team Victory Song:

laughing-lol.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Origin injustice: Forgotten Blue reignites Parramatta’s season

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Nothing to report this week.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your great effort @Jethro
Us passionate Manly fans will still be here supporting our Legendary club
Long after those that are incapable of living up to our clubs high standards are long gone

"Away from 4 Pines our forwards lose all grit and grind. They go missing and lack mongrel.
Without the Turbos and DCE we have no leadership and direction. No game management and Weekes has offered nothing so far from fullback." How right Mick was, sadly...

I feel very sorry for all those Manly fans who paid such inflated ticket prices to sit in the away supporters bay and watch that. Just awful.
I knew we wouldn't win but geez I didn't think we could serve up such rubbish like that once again. This year has 2016 Barrett written all over it.

Dont forget that the eels did not have the direction of both their halves in Moses and Brown but their coach found a way to win

I feel that there is simply not enough energy in our forward pack to challenge good sides. It's a cumbersome, slow pack and unless the opposition roll over for us, we have no chance.
We need a better and more creative 9 who barks orders, can scoot from dummy half and directs the forwards. As much as Croker defends well, it won't matter if we get better props / 2nd row / locks, this area needs addressing.

I knew we wouldn't win but geez I didn't think we could serve up such rubbish like that once again. This year has 2016 Barrett written all over it.
Seibold had that Barrett lost look in the coaches box during the game
Another thing they both have in common
The players love them but they cannot win for them

If it's any consolation:

Blacktown Workers were ruthless in thumping the Eels 46-10 win in biggest victory of season

A great 38-24 win by our Jersey Flegg boys with hooker Jamie Humphreys scoring a hat-trick

We need a better and more creative 9 who barks orders, can scoot from dummy half and directs the forwards. As much as Croker defends well, it won't matter if we get better props / 2nd row / locks, this area needs addressing.
And amazingly, we can’t find a game to ease Gordon into the team and see what he may possibly bring… and I say that with love and respect for Croker.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10