Draw So Far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I noticed that Cowboys first game out of QLD and they lost albeit to Penrith and Broncos have had 8 games in Brisbane out of 12 games. In stark contrast we have had 3 home games, 5 if you count the suncorp and Mudgee games. Most of our games have been in that ****ty Thursday or Friday slot. So is it really any suprise that they are doing so well and we are in the position we are in. Currently we are a team that isn’t good enough to win regardless of the location, Ref errors, crowds etc, we unfortunately need every faux advantage to get us over the line. Im hoping that more home games in the second half of the season could see us come home with a wet sail and make the 8 with a little momentum. Imagine for a minute that we won a GF without Tom. I doubt we can, but unless we are giving up now I guess thats what we need to believe.

Yep. A sunny mid winter Brookie arvo filled with great footy used to be one of life's regular joys. Thanks NRL.

IMG_5126__20113.1595668720.JPG

Yeah it’s crazy how few games we play at brookie. No surprise that we have won 3 from 3 there this year.

I’m concerned that this season is going to go the same way as 2020. We were good in 19’ and started 20’ with the odd win here and there and another injury crisis hit and we couldn’t win a chook raffle. At one point we lost 6 in a row.

There’s no guarantees we are going to hold our own even in the softer part of the draw. Very nervous for what comes next.

Last edited:
I noticed that Cowboys first game out of QLD and they lost albeit to Penrith and Broncos have had 8 games in Brisbane out of 12 games. In stark contrast we have had 3 home games, 5 if you count the suncorp and Mudgee games. Most of our games have been in that ****ty Thursday or Friday slot. So is it really any suprise that they are doing so well and we are in the position we are in. Currently we are a team that isn’t good enough to win regardless of the location, Ref errors, crowds etc, we unfortunately need every faux advantage to get us over the line. Im hoping that more home games in the second half of the season could see us come home with a wet sail and make the 8 with a little momentum. Imagine for a minute that we won a GF without Tom. I doubt we can, but unless we are giving up now I guess thats what we need to believe.
Well said and you make some good points. The Cows and Broncs will be tested away from home the rest of the season. Our draw and with more home games, on the other hand, may just work in our favour. A little luck with injuries might help too. Where there's hope, there's hope.

I’m concerned that this season is going to go the same way as 2020.
In 2020, we were doing better than this year with 6 wins after 12 rounds.

IMO, once supporters start calculating how many wins are needed to make the eight, the season is gone.

The only way this will be a successful season if something miraculously 'clicks' and we win 8-9 games in a row.

Last edited:
In 2020, we were doing better than this year with 6 wins after 12 rounds.

IMO, once supporters start calculating how many games are needed to make the eight, the season is gone.

The only way this will be a successful season if something miraculously 'clicks' and we win 8-9 games in a row.
I agree, seasons are usually done once the miracles are needed, but hey, we live in hope.

I’m concerned that this season is going to go the same way as 2020. We were good in 19’ and started 20’ with the odd win here and there and another injury crisis hit and we couldn’t win a chook raffle. At one point we lost 6 in a row.

There’s no guarantees we are going to hold our own even in the softer part of the draw. Very nervous for what comes next.
I reckon it'll be more of a case of 2016 where we deal with injuries and losing our fullback and we are just very inconsistent and in the last few rounds have to win a certain number of games to somehow creep in the 8. That's what 2015 and 2016 felt like. Just compounding injuries and us making a late charge to make the finals only to be too late.

We “ might “ beat the Warriors but only might , but it could very well be four losses in the next 4 games !!

We “ might “ beat the Warriors but only might , but it could very well be four losses in the next 4 games !!
Agrer look at the tigers tonight they are sadly even in much better form than us.

They get the bye next week then they play us. Seriously on current form they in my books the clear favourites.

Tigers playing more as team than us right now.

Agrer look at the tigers tonight they are sadly even in much better form than us.

They get the bye next week then they play us. Seriously on current form they in my books the clear favourites.

Tigers playing more as team than us right now.
I’ve put a loss in for that game.

We might beat the Warriors, but that’s the only one I can see in the next month and to be honest I can also see 4 losses just as easily!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8