Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Ben T sucks. He is so blunt in attack. No power, speed or offload in his runs. Jake offers nothing in attack as well.
Unless our centres receive the ball with space, they don’t make any breaks or metres

For Burbo to move to the next level of back rower he really does need to develop an offload.

Popping a pass to his brother or Koula running through a gap would beautiful.

We need a rocket up this group they need to work on the basics before they start playing fancy s$$t

Ruben is not a centre
It was fancy **** right from the kick off... the sort of stuff I've bagged DCE for for years and this was text book classic bad right from the old DCE playboom..... for the record I don't blame DCE but this was so typical of old school DCE sideways rubbish gambling garbage... I thought these days were over but apparently not.

It'll be a long year by the look if we've learned nothing.

Disillusioned.....

The only problem being that the ressies were just as atrocious. We have no competent players left to field a team based on those performances today.
Apparently we have good depth though.... I guess the definition if depth is your reserve grade is almost as good as your first grade so maybe we do sadly after that complete debacle.... fair dinkum

Just saying but we looked a far better side late last year when Koula played fullback
Don't 100% agree but get the point... if Tom is gonna play eith the handbrake on to protect his injuries then maybe a stint I. The centres is called for.... always been a massive supporter but..... the clocks ticking

A truly pathetic performance. Still cannot believe it. After dropping points last week when we were 14-0 up you'd think the boys would have the heart to show up. Just came in and didn't want to respect the opposition at all. As soon as we score that really easy first try, the team wanted to play blitz ball and chance our hand at low option plays in an attempt to play downhill footy.It was only 10 mins into the game! No respect for the ball, opposition and ourselves and made schoolboy level errors.

What frustrates me even more, was the dragons weren't playing that good either. They kept letting us back in with their dumb mistakes. AND WE STILL DIDN'T HAVE THE BRAINS TO JUST SLOW IT DOWN AND BUILD PRESSURE. Pathetic and embarrassing. Especially when you think about the context of our season, we started off so promising and now we are looking at possibly ending next week on a losing record. We then have tough games coming up so dropping points like this is unacceptable if we want to play finals. I don't care about no hoodoo stadium or bogey side, we beat the roosters two weeks ago and put 24 points on the Eels, we can't beat the DRAGONS?!?!

Just saying but we looked a far better side late last year when Koula played fullback
I thought that was an option during the game with Tommy not clicking with 25 minutes to go.

Koula has very quick acceleration similar to Walsh, Tommy’s passing game was off last week also.

I like the idea during the gane to give Koula more space when Tommy is not firing, sometime next season this will be a conversation with Tom’s contract up in 2026 and Koula with a player option for 2027.

Personally I knew we were cooked (perhaps for the season) when this appeared in a Peter Fitzsimons’ column in the SMH during the week:

“Nearly as impressive in this first part of the season have been the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles, where Luke Brooks looks like he has been reborn since leaving the Tigers and having quality players around him. He, and they, are a pleasure to watch.”

The bloke normally hates Manly. Just ask Brett Stewart. This is not a good thing.;)

Last edited:
Don't 100% agree but get the point... if Tom is gonna play eith the handbrake on to protect his injuries then maybe a stint I. The centres is called for.... always been a massive supporter but..... the clocks ticking
He’s still not going at 100%. Has moments of it and certainly looks better than this time last year,but plenty of improvement still. Hope he stays fit.

Turned up thinking they had won by 20 before the whistle went. 10 minutes in great. After "the offload" foot came off the gas.
Jake- Terrible, penalties every week, gets away with it for his defense, but his attack is terrible, wanders to the line, slow play the ball.

Talau- Didn't want to be there.

Burbo- First week, made an impact, since then, forward 5, sideways 10.
Would love to mention positives.

Paseka,yards all day.

Brown, effort was there
Paulo, massively underrated, made yards with ease.

Hopefully just a bad day at the office. Can't have many more days like that.

You wonder how a side can come out and put on such an inept and embarrassing performance. So many errors resulting in us looking like rabble against a lower table side not playing terribly well themselves. They need to go back to square one and roll their sleeves up otherwise it will be a repeat of last year. It troubles me that the competitiveness we displayed over the last 3 weeks suddenly disappeared. We had far too much experience and talent on the field for that to happen. The senior players are the ones you need to pull the side together and lead them out of trouble in games like that.

Before the game, Seibold telling the media how everyone can obviously see how much we've improved from last year lol. Watch Mr Spin duck and weave with absolute bs throughout 2024 the silly twat. We're actually doing worse than this time last year, a year we finished lower on the ladder than even the year before that. This team from top to bottom are losers, mentally, they just don't have the killer instinct

They’ve been back a while now, and I thought nothing of it initially, but is this US trip still lingering for those teams?
Souths 1-3
Manly 2-2
Broncs 2-2
Easts 2-2

Perhaps just looking for excuses for this lot (sorry Bozo) lol

You wonder how a side can come out and put on such an inept and embarrassing performance. So many errors resulting in us looking like rabble against a lower table side not playing terribly well themselves. They need to go back to square one and roll their sleeves up otherwise it will be a repeat of last year. It troubles me that the competitiveness we displayed over the last 3 weeks suddenly disappeared. We had far too much experience and talent on the field for that to happen. The senior players are the ones you need to pull the side together and lead them out of trouble in games like that.
There wasn't 1 lower table side playing, there was 2. That's why the quality of the game was sh*t. We beat souffs who've been rubbish and we should've put 40 on them, Rorters who I think have been way over rated and again should've put a score on them and then the rot has set in after 10min last week. Our defensive resolve has been poor from round 1. Conceded 86 points in 4 games.

Another disappointing loss
Got off to a good start , Then they just stop doing the 1 percenter‘s
Many have said already you have to earn the freedom to throw the footy about after you run hard through the middle to get the opposition on the back foot , Till they learn that there will be days like this
Maybe they had there heads at Brookie for next weeks game

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8