Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 4, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 WIN Stadium
30 Mar 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

So one win at the Gong , since 2003

Says it all I think.
It's a hoodoo.
Try as I might to ridicule such a thing, today's dreadful performance -- in both grades -- confirms that hoodoos exist. I've been watching good Manly teams get beaten at the Gong for decades. It's not because Illawarra is particularly good, it's that we play abysmally down there.

Sips was good in the first half. Brown and Ola ran hard.
Yes, my apologies to Sipley. He did run very hard today, and better than Aloiai. I think Brown was a bit hot and cold, and Ola suffered being outside a headless DCE today. He did try his guts out though.

I said it earlier, this game scared me and I was right to be concerned.

Flanno coached them very well defensively, the Dragons were terrible in attack, we were atrocious.

Burbo is not a starter...your edge runners need to be able to break the line. He's slow and not powerful enough. But to be fair to him, he was far from our worst.

Reserve grade sucked, first grade sucked.

I’m placing the blame on Seibs personally. It’s pretty clear that our tactics compel the players to approach games with finesse instead of aggression. I don’t care how fast your edges are or how creative a spine is, if you don’t muscle up and win the middle, forget it.

There’s enough natural talent in our squad to score points when the opposition is stretched but even the best set play will count for nothing when the opposition are on top. Beat them in the middle and the points will come. Our tactic is to not even try and win the middle and just shift the ball and hope for space.

Flano mixing with the Manly players on the field, what a happy scene it is.
That was very disappointing. However the ones I saw grinning away with DCE (Drug Cheating Enabler) were not local products, so not really imbued with a M-W mentality, no wonder what the coach thinks.

Just speaking of zombie-like, did anyone see the Tbros in the corner of the dressing room at fulltime? I was yelling out , has Jake got a pulse? I’ll tell you one thing, I don’t think my expression was too far off the mark tbh. The family ed off for some Easter bull. Maybe I should’ve hopped on along as well. (I’m sure my Christian neighbours would’ve hoped!).
Easter bull****? Sounds like bigotry.

One of the worst manly performances i've ever seen in my entire life. After 56 years, I cannot remember being this pissed off. Most of the team should be dropped. No Des style mercy/ conservatism. Just do it.

Well, all I can say was that we were absolute rubbish and were bloody lucky that the dragons were almost as rubbish.
We need a whole team brain transplant before next week.
Anyways….
As always
Go Manly!
Onwards and upwards.

Hoping it's just one of those games when they all had a bad performance. Nothing much positive to take from it. A massive improvement is needed for next week to be even in the frame against Penrith

One of the worst manly performances i've ever seen in my entire life. After 56 years, I cannot remember being this pissed off. Most of the team should be dropped. No Des style mercy/ conservatism. Just do it.
The only problem being that the ressies were just as atrocious. We have no competent players left to field a team based on those performances today.

I honestly gave us little to no hope today.

The Vegas game into big games vs Easts and Eels meant this game was never on our radar until last Sunday. Very few, if any NRL teams can aim up 4 weeks in a row.

Expect a better performance next week, it probably wont be a win, but at least we might compete better.

Can someone throw up the positivity chart again - think I need to revisit my vote for a sixth time after that steaming pile

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8