Post-Game Discussion Dragons v Manly [Round 19, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Dragons
Vs
Sea Eagles
20 Netstrata Jubilee Stadium
22 Jul 2022 18:00
80th minute

Match Stats

Des pissed off with the mysterious penalties and six agains. Manly would have had to be perfect to overcome the possession imbalance handed to the opposition. He says Aloia is the main injury worry with a short turnaround.

Just got back from the game

We beat our selves tonight

Ill discipline and mistakes starved us of field position

And when we did have field position more dropped balls

We could have won this game but we never gave our selves a real chance
Well done on your commitment @BOZO As you said we never really gave ourselves any chance tonight.

Very hard now to make finals

Interpretation: this troll (with English as a second language, potentially from the Mediterranean littoral, like many SGI supporters) is saying ‘he is useless’.

Another incident that could have been looked at. Referees used to look closely at forwards with a high knee action. John Harvey fell into that camp.
He shouldn’t have been selected in the first place. Bullemore much better

Alouai and Garrick our best. Kouta and Saab never get the ball in space to be dangerous.
Harper had plenty of opportunities it isnt Strong or fast enough to beat his opposite.
Ben T is as slow as Jake. Adds nothing to the team.
Dce has poor football IQ. Always makes the wrong decision.
Schuster is a shell of his former self.

I am sorry but Ben just doesn't have it. From what I have seen Bullemor either
Ben is there on name alone. Personally I would find it frustrating playing. His brother out in mid-week saying he could come back when the team is going the best it has all year, without him no less. Watch him get a huge contract further screwing our cap.

Ben is there on name alone. Personally I would find it frustrating playing. His brother out in mid-week saying he could come back when the team is going the best it has all year, without him no less. Watch him get a huge contract further screwing our cap.
Farrrk the carnt. Sorry but over-rated BS. While others slog through trying to build contracts this pretender slides in on his belly and gets called a gold medalist.

Q. If Jake, Davey & Croker weren't late covid withdrawals, would we have had a comfortable victory over the Dragons?

A. I say yes!

Sometimes bad luck plays a part in sporting results. If we can accept this, coming to terms with (some) losses is less difficult :)
Oh yes we would have... but we should have won by 10 points without them. That second half attack was diabolical from DCE and Foran

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Dragons: 20
Manly: 6

295032441_10159895079240993_6457933179515561734_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

‘Happy’ Dragons fire up to take heat off Hook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh.

I can accept that with a few people out, etc there's going to be a bit of clunkyness in the game.

But what does my head in is that boofknuckle footballers simply cannot understand the importance in being onside. fmd. I think they got 2 tries from offside penalties.

I mean at the start there seemed to be 4 x 6 agains in a row, then some blunted chisel thinks "oh...in case the rule has change...I wont get back 10 metres."

Yeah...lets defend for the first 20min straight and in the rain as well.

Stupid.

Well done on your commitment @BOZO As you said we never really gave ourselves any chance tonight.

Very hard now to make finals
Thank you feathered friend , Well done to you also and all the passionate , loyal and committed Manly souls

Passionate Manly people may be committed to our Legendary club but we are not committed to Mediocrity

We have not lived up to our proud clubs benchmark of excellence since 2011
And it is our Benchmark of excellence that we are defined as the Greatest club of all

Last night performance was a so close but yet so far North Sydney Bears performance

We are so far from our Great Manly champion teams that conquered both adversity and the Rugby League World

Look at the way The Queenslanders made their Maroon colours proud by passionately winning the series against all the odds

At the end of the series the NSW blues were clutching at excuses
And The Mighty Maroons were clinging on to the winning trophy

It is very hard now to make the finals
And We have two options
To start making adjustments ans start winning
Or keep making excuses

1658521747638.png

Have to cut a bit of slack for the pre game outs and injury disruptions but that was still a pretty poor outcome for Manly taking into account their overall play . Ill discipline , bad options and lack of general direction , back to some of the bad habits before the definite improvement of the prior 4 weeks or so . Defence not too bad but Dragons hardly the most threatening attack in the comp . Really could not see the wisdom of having Toff as a 13 [ or starting 13 ] Walker tried hard but dont 't think his stint as the 9 really worked . . Quite a few things against them but that adversity could have been managed better Really good examples from Alioia and Garrick but for a game that was definitely there to be won and the importance of it , just so disappointing .

Ugh.

I can accept that with a few people out, etc there's going to be a bit of clunkyness in the game.

But what does my head in is that boofknuckle footballers simply cannot understand the importance in being onside. fmd. I think they got 2 tries from offside penalties.

I mean at the start there seemed to be 4 x 6 agains in a row, then some blunted chisel thinks "oh...in case the rule has change...I wont get back 10 metres."

Yeah...lets defend for the first 20min straight and in the rain as well.

Stupid.
I think the frustrating thing is that yes Manly should get onside and stop the ruck penalties
But It goes for both sides and sometimes that that doesn’t happen
At times in the game you could see that frustration in some of the manly players trying to get up to play the ball and not getting the 6 again call
Sometimes a ref seems to only want to ref one side and not the other
All in all saying this Manly should have managed there game better

A disappointing loss , another game Manly should have had in bank but yet again they let themselves down . A few changes to the team can disrupt the flow , Walker very little in the attacking side of what he has previously provided , made 3 times more tackles then he would normally do
Schuster , Hasn’t had a lot of game time , made 26 tackles 3rd highest in the game last might have taken a bit out of him but Needs to be fitter but needs more game time
Would have liked Koula and Harper switch at 1/2 time , Koula would have carved Lomax up , Harper did a few times but didn’t have the pace to get away , Sometimes you have change things in a game but Des rarely does
Saab is Quick they say but geez he needs time to wind up at times you see him in a 1/2 a gap and think he we go but just doesn’t get going
On to next week another game Manly must win , the only positive you can get if they do make the 8 is that will be on a run of wins leading into the semis

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8