Dragons already celebrating premiership success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gomanly

Reserve Grader
Just read on the Telecrap website that Peter Doust has premiership shirts made and has been seeking advice on how to capatilise on premiership success, JINX!

Well, der - why doesn't he just ask Manly how to capitalise on premiership success? Oh yeah, I forgot. 

Well he wouldn't be much chop as a CEO, after a succesful year which it has been for them so far, if he wasn't looking ahead at maximising opportunities. My guess is that there are at least 8 other CEOs looking at exactly the same thing. The premiership tees aren't made, they are just in planning. And so are every other clubs that are in with a title shot. Another beat up to sell fish & chip wrappings.

We actually had 1000 shirts printed & on sale outside the ground last year, I suspect the same was done in 07, except they would have been dumped about 15 mins into the 2nd half.

I still hope like hell the dragons choke again

They will.  I've already put my order in to a couple of mates for their grandfinal seats. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
Well, der - why doesn't he just ask Manly how to capitalise on premiership success? Oh yeah, I forgot. 

Why would he ask Manly how to capitalise on their grand final sucess?  We got rid of our CEO after we won the grand final.

Expect Doubst to receive more than a few telephone calls when they lose the grand final (assuming that they even make it).  The dragins biggsets concern must be that every team goes thriugh a losing patch during a season. 

They haven't had theirs yet and are perhaps saving it up for semi final time. 

If Parra can keep their current form and sneak into 8th spot I would love to see them smash the dragons in the first semi. 

110% correct Kingyfan.

They CANNOT go all the way from here without a loss, if they do they'll become the greatest ever football side (ever almost).

They have to have a loss.

My prediction

On Grand Final day V Manly Sea Eagles

chokeh.jpg

I can still remember walking to the 1995 GF, and this bloke standard outside the ground prior to the game, with a few big cardboard boxes of T-Shirts, with "Manly, Premiers 1995" printed on them along with a pic of the Winfield Cup. Were $20 as I walked in, 2 for $5 as I left the ground haha

Every year they have two lots of t-shirts ready for whoever wins the GF. I remember the 95 ones!!!!  (it pains me.)

I tip St George to not even make the grand final, so high are their expectations and hopes. They will be very hard to beat in 2010 though in my view.

DSM5 link said:
They will.  I've already put my order in to a couple of mates for their grandfinal seats. 
Dsm5 don't know mate maybe manly can learn some simple examples of the style of game the saints play.

The Terror continues with the outrage today. Interesting that Zorba has decided to add fuel.

Dragons slammed for 'sheer arrogance'

THE Bulldogs have led a chorus of disbelief over St George Illawarra's brash move to inquire into premiership-winning merchandise in August, accusing their bitter Sydney rivals of "sheer arrogance''.

Bulldogs CEO Todd Greenberg could barely hide his delight after learning Dragons opposite Peter Doust had commissioned a marketing expert to canvas logistics for commemorative T-shirts.

He discreetly made Bulldogs coach Kevin Moore aware of the news ahead of last night's clash with North Queensland, confident the players would draw motivation from their enemies' exuberance.

"It's something that verges on sheer arrogance. At the very least you could say they're very confident at such an early stage of the season,'' Greenberg said.

"But I'm quietly confident it won't go un-noticed by our players.

"They can do whatever they like. If they think they need to look at the logistics of winning a Grand Final in August, they must know something I don't.

"To be honest, the Grand Final has not even entered our thoughts. We only just got together and spoke about the logistics of hosting a home final this week. I think that's pretty conservative, with us running second seven points clear of fifth-place.''

Titans boss Michael Searle greeted Doust's forward planning with a little bit more humour.

"I would hate to be taking him to the racetrack,'' Searle said.

"He would be trying to cash in his ticket with 20m to go. It is not something we would be doing but he can do what he wants.''

The Dragons' rivals have pocketed a tasty morsel of motivation thanks to the club's premature inquiries.

The move is sure to intensify hatred between the neighbouring powerhouses, which has been simmering since video referee Steve Clark wrongly denied the Bulldogs a  win over the Dragons in round 10.

Bulldogs players and officials remain filthy over that result and given no return bout was scheduled, are licking their jaws at the chance to square the ledger in September.

"There's a great rivalry between the two teams and that game at Kogarah certainly added to that,'' Greenberg said.

It's not clear whether Dragons coach Wayne Bennett was aware of Doust's move. But it's hard to imagine the under-stated master coach being impressed after going to pains to have his players talk-down their chances all season.

According to reigning premiers Manly, the move would not have gone down well at Brookvale.

"It's not something our coach Des Hasler would be overly impressed with,'' senior Sea Eagles official Peter Peters said.

"Last year we didn't really look at things like T-Shirts until we got into the Grand Final.

"At this time last year, Souths had just put 40 points on us and the last thing we were thinking was a premiership. It shows [the Dragons] haven't won a comp in 30 years. They are very confident, but it's only starting to hot up now.''

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8