1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dopey Cow

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Jun 27, 2013.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,471 / 42
  2. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +853 / 5
    Lol, is she serious? Nine were getting hammered with complaints the footy wasn't on.

3. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    They have 3 channels, I personally was getting the ****s with the pollies being on 9 and GEM at the same time, and the pre-game being no where to be seen. They could have run the pre-game on GEM.

I have an interest in politics, but until the announcement was made there was no point of continuous shots of randoms walking in and out of doors in the same corridor.

Eventually they did the right thing, people then had the choice of what to watch. This is the point of having multiple channels !!!

4. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    I'd like to see the ratings results from last night. I think that will justify 9's decision. Who wants to watch another round of Labor party infighting ?? The fact that they stuck with it till 7.47pm was a waste of time IMO.

It's groundhog day. They keep referring to it as a historic day in Australian politics. Didn't the same thing happen about 3 years ago ?? If you get off on leaderships spills and political intrigue then susbcribe to the Italian or Taiwanese political Channel on SBS HD.

5. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,782 / 58
    Yeah to be fair though.....

SOO is always on around this time every year!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +939 / 23
    Julia Gillard just wanted to ruin the fun because she is from Victoria and they have nothing as good as Origin!

7. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Best thread title ever.

8. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    If people wanted to watch the the political bull**** it wasn't that hard to pick up your remote and push in 90. GEM
    The only reason I was glued to the tv was because I wanted to watch the origin buildup.

9. StuBoot

StuBoot Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +795 / 7
    Something like 3.5 million viewers nationally I heard.
    That's why Ch 9 pay the big bucks and Holden paid serious coin for naming rights.

Ch 9 would be negligent to themselves and their advertisers if they didn't cross to the footy.
    I'm sure they held back the kick off as long as possible anyway and the 50,000 at the game were there for a reason - to watch footy.
    I know when I go to the footy or cricket, what ever happens outside the stadium is irrelevant.

And another thing, if the leadership spill was so important, why did they choose Origin night? There's plenty of other days in the week.