1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dont Laugh people but

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Berkeley_Eagle, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    what about this vs the chooks
    Des has to start looking a the PL and JF teams for the spark, other teams are blooding players thru the year

01. Sean Meaney (was close to playing last night)
    02.Michael Robertson
    03.Chris Hicks
    04.Steve Matai
    05.Willie Bishop
    06.Brett Stewart
    07.Matt Orford
    08.Mark Bryant
    09.Michael Monaghan
    10.Brent Kite
    11.Steve Menzies
    12.Anthony Watmough
    13.Ben Kennedy ©

Interchange:
    14.Glenn Stewart
    15.Kylie Lululai
    16.Phil Morwood
    17.Jason Wells
    18.George Rose

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I know a few of you will say weaken 1 possie to strenghten another,

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I hope Michael Witt likes cold weather and/or Russell Crowe.

4. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Rose over Morewood by a million miles
    Stewart has to be fullback, maybe Meaney on the wing. Stewart is not our long term 6 so no point in that for me, and also i dont think he has the game for it, you would just see cross field run towards the sideline, with a swerve in, that either see the runners with no space or stewart over touch
    I would like to see Hicks to the centres permanently, with Matai to the wing or on the bench as a 2nd rower/centre

5. toovs

toovs Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we will not beat the roosters don,t think we will win anymore games this year not with des coaching them

6. Berkeley_Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Roosters
    Souths
    Penrith
    Parramatta
    Bye
    Newcastle
    Souths
    Dogs
    Storm

on last nights effort we would be lucky to win3 of those games

7. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Brett Stuart doesn't have a good enough passing game for 5/8. I would leave him at fullback, Monas into 5/8 and Dunley in hooker. We really are wasting a bench spot so we don't have to make dunley feel bad about not playing firsts. LEAVE MONAS ON FOR **** SAKE.

We are about to witness the same ****en **** that happened to us last season. We start the mid season slide, Origin, Injuries, Fatigue and our coach will just sit there and say "we're hungry for a win" untill the last game when we crawl into the semi's with a win over the storm in the final round, everyone will be happy, "hey, manly's hit form by beating the storm". Then, a week later, when everyones so confident of a win in the finals. Bang, we get smashed 40 - 0 because des hasler doesn't have the capability to include 25 men in a football team. It must be too much to think about.

8. earl

earl Active Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how many times do we see teams like the above , and hear the old "Des needs to do something" and to only see the same bloody side picked each week. Dunley is ****. I cant stand to look at him. Gives awway obvious penelaties and then looks at the ref like"Ahh what did i do ?" :bdh: :bdh: :bdh:

9. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,090 / 285
    01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Chris Hicks
    05. Sean Meaney
    06. Travis Burns
    07. Matt Borford
    08. George Rose
    09. Matt Ballin
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Steve Menzies
    13. Ben Kennedy

14. JP Cherry
    15. Mark Bryant
    16. Kylie Leuluai
    17. Jason Wells

That would definietly stir the pot up. Des has no back bone though, so we can forget it.

Michael Monaghan, Shayne Dunley, Paul Stephenson, Jason King, Luke Williamson all to play Premier League with Steve Matai & Chris Hicks told that should we have depth, they'd also be playing Premier League. I'd also be thinking seriously of giving Groom a shot somewhere in there. BUT this wil be boring Des's predictable side:-

01. Brett Stewart
    02. Michael Robertson
    03. Steve Matai
    04. Paul Stephenson
    05. Chris Hicks
    06. Travis Burns
    07. Matt Borford
    08. Jaon King
    09. Michael Monaghan
    10. Brent Kite
    11. Anthony Watmough
    12. Steve Menzies
    13. Ben Kennedy

14. Shayne Dunley
    15. Kylie Leuluai
    16. Mark Bryant
    17. Luke Williamson

and the usual passengers will drift along through the game.

I'd like to make one more change on that original team. John Lang in for Des Hasler.

10. Nutzcraw

Nutzcraw Active Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Monoghan has been a shining light all year so far.. no need to drop him.. he's earning his keep at least

11. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Good to see others jumping on my 'Des for the Souths job' at last. The same mistakes are made by the same people every week. Matai can't tackle, won't pass. He needs to be in the pack or in Prmier League. I'm jumping on the Ballin bandwagon, he needs to be given a go. We might have been more competitave last night with Burns. He needs to be signed. Get rid of Witt and his can't/won't tackle mates. Des can't continue with the 'we seem to lack enthusiasm' line. It's the coaches job to instill the enthusiasm. Get real or get out!

12. SilentBob

SilentBob Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'd hate to see Stewart at 5/8, he barely makes metres on kick returns against staggered defence and wouldn't have Robertson backing him up if he gets nervous. Leave him at fullback where he can at least pick up scraps from BK's hard work.