Pre-Game Dolphins V Manly [Round 10, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

30 24
Suncorp Stadium
09 May 2024 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly have played 7 games at Lang Park vs non-Broncos teams. Won 5, lost 2.

vs Souths / Manly lost 36-16 2021 Final 26,249 crowd
vs Canberra / Manly won 19-18 Rd23 2021 6,181 crowd
vs Melbourne / Manly lost 28-18 Rd21 2021 0 crowd
vs Cronulla / Manly won 40-22 Rd20 2021 0 crowd
vs Wests / Manly won 44-24 Rd19 2021 5,761 crowd
vs Sth Qld Crushers / Manly won 36-16 Rd4 1997 9,147 crowd
vs Sth Qld Crushers / Manly won 14-6 Rd6 1996 15,202 crowd

We have a fair record against the Donkeys at home as well played 33 times up there for 17 wins, not bad against them especially given the last few years, another interesting stat, Magic round is our 50th game against them since entering the comp, with 24 wins a piece and 1 draw.

Same story this week Manly can win this game but if they continue to make the simple mistakes a loss is on the cards .Manly just need to do the simple things right minimal mistakes and the win is there They are capable , They have showed they can win games ( panthers roosters for eg: )

I'm disappointed to not see Humphreys in the team. I guess he's not quite ready yet.
I'm a big fan of Humphreys and I'm sure his time will come. But I think GCKT has been rewarded for some good form in the reserves, and he did have a positive impact on the team in his appearances in the top grade last year. It's a really good chance for him to show what he can do.

Thank you for posting @The Wheel
Our players are saying that the Dolphins will be a tough challenge for them
Which NRL team is not under the pump to play tough and win ?
Which game is not tough ?
The Question from all Manly fans to our team is How tough are you going to play against the Dolphins ?

Thank you for posting @The Wheel
Our players are saying that the Dolphins will be a tough challenge for them
Which NRL team is not under the pump to play tough and win ?
Which game is not tough ?
The Question from all Manly fans to our team is How tough are you going to play against the Dolphins ?
Im making the trek into Suncorp with my kids (my youngest a Newcastle fan is donning one of his brothers jerseys to cheer the Seagles on too!). Anything other than a win (and a convincing one at that) is unacceptable imo. We will be doing our part to cheer the boys home, team needs to stand up! That said I’m predicting a solid win with GKCT sneaking over for a try at sone point.

Yep
phins away
broncos away magic round
storm home
bye
panthers away
dragons home
south’s away
bye

not an easy run of matches coming up
Lets face it, no match is easy. Tit's are now on the up and Souths got Mitchell coming back this round, they'll be pumped for this game. Broncs have now got a lot of injury issues, should help us next round, and the Storm game is usually the game that we're up for no matter how well we're traveling.

Lets face it, no match is easy. Tit's are now on the up and Souths got Mitchell coming back this round, they'll be pumped for this game. Broncs have now got a lot of injury issues, should help us next round, and the Storm game is usually the game that we're up for no matter how well we're traveling.
Also , it’s somewhat of a lottery ( for entertainment value ).

I look at the next rounds and probably only say the Panthers away are a guarantee loss.

The next two games are infinitely winnable.

The Storm ( at home ) we are always up for.

And we owe the Dargons ( sorry couldn’t help that after seeing their jersey last week ).

And South’s are just terrible , even at their home.

Injuries aside I’m very confident of coming out of this next 6 games with at least 4 wins & if we are up for the Storm potentially 5.

But , it’s a lottery , that could easily be 2 or 3 wins only.

Fingers crossed , and the very good news , I leave for my 6 months to WA, tomorrow. This usually means we win more ( dunno why but it does ).

Also , it’s somewhat of a lottery ( for entertainment value ).

I look at the next rounds and probably only say the Panthers away are a guarantee loss.

The next two games are infinitely winnable.

The Storm ( at home ) we are always up for.

And we owe the Dargons ( sorry couldn’t help that after seeing their jersey last week ).

And South’s are just terrible , even at their home.

Injuries aside I’m very confident of coming out of this next 6 games with at least 4 wins & if we are up for the Storm potentially 5.

Fingers crossed , and the very good news , I leave for my 6 months to WA, tomorrow. This usually means we win more ( dunno why but it does ).
Exactly, that's the way I see it as well Mark, on the bright side, it's looking like only Brownie will be side lined next week for the magic rd Broncs game.

We'll miss your common sense comments Mark. I'm sure you'll pop in from time to time, especially after a win. Have a good trip away mate, and don't get bogged going down a dodgy trail..lol.

Exactly, that's the way I see it as well Mark, on the bright side, it's looking like only Brownie will be side lined next week for the magic rd Broncs game.

We'll miss your common sense comments Mark. I'm sure you'll pop in from time to time, especially after a win. Have a good trip away mate, and don't get bogged going down a dodgy trail..lol.
You’ll hear from me just as much now , I have installed Starlink on our caravan , so internet , anywhere.

In years gone by I’d vanish for weeks at a time.

No such thing as a dodgy trail , it’s just one you’ve never done before !!

If you go on form (which I know is fraught with danger) you can't possibly see us winning this game sadly. And not just last week's form. The Dolphins have been WAY more consistent than us all season - hence their deserved position on the table. We're only a point behind them but I'd argue we're a mile behind them in consistency and grit - especially defensively. They don't beat themselves - on occasions, we have. Unfortunately I think this is a loss for us. I REALLY hope I'm wrong - I'd love that. If we do lose, I only hope it'll fire them up even more for magic round because we'll need to bring our A game for that to be any hope.

If you go on form (which I know is fraught with danger) you can't possibly see us winning this game sadly. And not just last week's form. The Dolphins have been WAY more consistent than us all season - hence their deserved position on the table. We're only a point behind them but I'd argue we're a mile behind them in consistency and grit - especially defensively. They don't beat themselves - on occasions, we have. Unfortunately I think this is a loss for us. I REALLY hope I'm wrong - I'd love that. If we do lose, I only hope it'll fire them up even more for magic round because we'll need to bring our A game for that to be any hope.
Don't get to despondent CT, this 2024 season is one crazy comp. One week you're down the next week you're up.

Definitely a winnable game, can‘t imagine the boys feel real good about last weeks effort, best way to get that off your mind is to have a crack this week and make up for it.

The worrying aspect, the Phins play for 80, so if we can‘t stay focused and play out 80 then we’re no chance, it seems like we get a comfortable lead and think the jobs done, if we play for 80 we’re every chance, they had a tough game last week, hears hoping, because that’s basically what it’s about for us.

Oh to be like the 95 side, every week, never thought we wouldn’t win, fast forward to 24 and I’m never sure where going to win. Win this weekend lads, just get it done or the season might slip away.

Can do better and must do better in the season context .
Just can not afford to keep dropping very winnable games when the points table is in such a fluid state
And especially when the side has been in a position to close off games and go on with a win .
The better sides [ and Manly have the capability to be one of them ] don"t generally have that serious degree of vulnerability .
Sure sides like the Storm have had some close ones but have still found the where with all to prevail

Im making the trek into Suncorp with my kids (my youngest a Newcastle fan is donning one of his brothers jerseys to cheer the Seagles on too!). Anything other than a win (and a convincing one at that) is unacceptable imo. We will be doing our part to cheer the boys home, team needs to stand up! That said I’m predicting a solid win with GKCT sneaking over for a try at sone point.
Good on you for making the trek to Suncorp with your kids and I hope all your passionate Manly cheers Inspire our Manly boys to a win .

I love your Manly High Great standards
As you say anything else but a win is not a Great Manly thing .
Without Great High standards and without Great Manly Wins we dont stand for anything Great
You are also right in saying our Manly team needs to stand up !

Life is not a lottery to all
Sure sht happens but
The capable ones create their own destiny by the way they respond and rise above the sht
The capable ones have the capacity to find a way and prevail

The moral of the story ....
We dont have to submit to the luck of the draw
Find a way to Rise above the sht in life and prevail
1715129321823.png

Looking forward to the game just to get a rather moany week (on here) behind us.

God save us if we lose 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14