1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogs goorrrne!!!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by PONTIAN SEA EAGLE, Sep 25, 2009.

1. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 79
    Don't know about you guys but how satisfying is it they have been knocked out.

2. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Except that the Slimes are still alive and only Melbourne or the Broncos can stop them. Put in my most hated teams and they top the list.

My grandmother could have beaten the Dogs tonight, they were that bad. Kimmorley has obviously borrowed the Orford book on last tackle plays.

3. gomanly

gomanly Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how bad was idris the "superstar"?

4. Ian Martin tragic

Ian Martin tragic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0
    looks like storm v eels gf.

eels minus hayne? no way. even with hayne I think they've gone as far as they can this year.

5. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,624 / 132
    i have that same problem, eels, bongos and storm all hated

dogs are next level down but i have to admit their turn around from a few years ago (coffs etc) as well as from last years spoon is quite an achievement

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Idris has some talent but was very bad last night and has been found out as a defender.

I can't believe that the Dogs didn't exploit Grothe's weakness in defence, especially using Morris. They put no pressure on Parra on last tackle options and most Parra breaks were from broken play on Tackle one and two in their own territory.

I can't see Parra beating either Storm or Broncos.

7. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Can't stand any of the remaining teams.  However with Hayne's knees to the head, I'd say they're gone for the year as well.  Storm to win a second.  Pretty impressive getting to the GF four years in a row.  is that some sort of record in the modern era?

8. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    If we all just pretend it hasn't happened maybe we can convince the rest of the world it hasn't (wont)

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    It is a nightmare. Gloating toothless Eels supporters from the muck that interbred the hillbillies (apols to Jethro :) ) or my two most disliked teams. The Squall are soft in the forwards and if the Bongos bring their Dragqueen performance there could be a boilover. The game last night was good and tough and tonight should also be fantastic. I think it doesn't matter who wins tonight - the GF should be a good game. The result will still be ugly.

10. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,281 / 44
    Not much in it IMO, didn't really see much intent, just unfortunate timing. Certainly not in the Slater category, which has gone unpunished to date. He'll get off, or at very worst get some carry over points with an early guilty plea.

11. Pearso

Pearso Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Looks like the storm will make their 4th GF and win their 2nd, with the likes of Slater, Inglis smith and co I'd like to know how much they pay the rest of the squad.

12. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,899 / 27
    I think Keating will be the judiciaries sacrificial lamb, thus allowing there golden haired boy Hayne a free pass to play next Sunday.

13. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    If they win it will be their 3rd

14. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,899 / 27
    If they win it will be their 3rd
    [/quote]
    4th I think
    2006 Brisbane/Melbourne
    2007Melbourne/Manly
    2008Manly/Melbourne
    2009 Parramatta/ ?

15. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    UP was referring to the fact it would be Storm's 3rd GF win (not 2nd) if they won.

16. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +947 / 79
    Correct they've only won 1999 & 2007.

17. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    3rd in total but 2nd in the last 4 years

18. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I was backing the Dogs last night after Hayne's incident. If Hayne can't play then tonight wins the comp, which I hate

2 precedents set this season for that type of incident. Thurston kicking Williams in the head, no suspension, or Bryce Gibbs 5 or so weeks back, 3 weeks

1st judiciary wasn't the NRL one but it is the outcome I want

19. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    If he gets suspended for that it is a joke.  I know Gibbs was but not point getting something consistantly wrong. 

20. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    It looks terrible in slow mo, but viewed at full speed it is more in his favour.

Will be a nervous wait, if the NRL had any sense, they would get it over and done with ASAP rather than waiting until Wednesday

The GF as an event will lose plenty if Hayne isn't there. At the start of this year I thought he was over rated, now I am really looking forward to seeing he and Moi Moi in action next weekend at the ground.

Bloody Storm have thrashed Brisbane in the 20s, couldn't think of a worse night out than watching them win both grades !! At least the girl I am going with is a Tigers fan so she has a team to cheer for passionately on the day