Does Schuster become the backrower we need?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Interesting to see commentators referring to him as a Glen Stewart type - unless we find a super number 6 that is where he will be but gee he is proving to me a bloody good backrower - big carries, makes metres - good defence and fabulous ball skills. Haumole was superb and yes I can't wait to see Davey out there next year. But I can't see us unearthing a super 6 - they are hard to come by - backrowers not quite as hard to find.
I honestly think with a bit of polish, Cade Cust would be a formidable five eight that could make the jersey his own if Schuster were to persist in the forwards. He is a natural footballer and can definitely sniff out a try

As the title suggests do we keep Schuster at backrow? It is so refreshing having a ball playing backrower, it adds another dimension to our attack. That left edge looked lethal with Foz, Schuster and Turbo. I was critical of him earlier this season for bring too loose with his ball handling and not taking the tough runs. The last 2 weeks he has gone to another level, he has put the "tap on" away and is doing some tough runs when we really need them. Having the halves play both sides like they did today and having a genuine ball player in Schuster on the left is so valuable and might be worth persisting with. Schuster, Davey and Olakau-atu is a genuine a gun backrower combo. He is a big unit and I feel he was always destined to play backrow anyway, Maybe we have just stumbled on his position earlier than expected through injuries. Interesting to hear peoples thoughts.
I think his defence is underestimated.

Yeah I think he’s too big to be a long term 6 but could also be wildly wrong in saying that

I thought he was actually playing lock at various points today. So if he can be a second-rower but maintain a big presence in the middle of the field I think he is going to be very valuable

Seems like a great defender and has really sured up that edge

I honestly think with a bit of polish, Cade Cust would be a formidable five eight that could make the jersey his own if Schuster were to persist in the forwards. He is a natural footballer and can definitely sniff out a try
That is possible indeed - but yes we need a high quality 6 for Schuster to be the new G Stewart

This is a brilliant introduction to first grade. It is teaching him the value of defence and respect for the work of the forwards. He is learning a bunch off Foran about setting up the outside men, straightening the attack, taking the line on and hole running.

The biggest advantage though is that it will hopefully show him he doesn’t have to overplay his hand and try the flashy stuff that works in NSW Cup to be successful.

As the title suggests do we keep Schuster at backrow? It is so refreshing having a ball playing backrower, it adds another dimension to our attack. That left edge looked lethal with Foz, Schuster and Turbo. I was critical of him earlier this season for bring too loose with his ball handling and not taking the tough runs. The last 2 weeks he has gone to another level, he has put the "tap on" away and is doing some tough runs when we really need them. Having the halves play both sides like they did today and having a genuine ball player in Schuster on the left is so valuable and might be worth persisting with. Schuster, Davey and Olakau-atu is a genuine a gun backrower combo. He is a big unit and I feel he was always destined to play backrow anyway, Maybe we have just stumbled on his position earlier than expected through injuries. Interesting to hear peoples thoughts.
and his defence has been excellent for a young 5/8 playing in the engine room

I guess he was always going to end up in the forwards just earlier than we assumed. So assuming foz can keep his body together for a couple more years we have young fainu and humphreys to play in the halves in the future.

He is showing signs at a young age of ability that the great Malcom Reilly had
Now that is an exciting thought! (Still needs some work on his elbow and head-butt technique though!)
It's certainly a great sign that he hasn't been overawed despite getting chucked in at the deep end as a forward against some of the NRLs biggest and best. Toughness is essential in any position and he has shown he is not lacking.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11