1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do You Know of Rich Manly Fans?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Lord Eagleton, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    We know the advantage of 3rd party money. It would increase the chances of holding onto more of our boys. I'm sure the club has investigated but perhaps you may know a stinking rich business owner who loves Manly and would contribute. I don't know many but post here anyone you feel may be a possibility.

I can only think of -

Hugh Jackman
    URM (can owners be 3rd party?)
    The Penns
    Perhaps some real estate/property moguls on the beaches. Ray White, Belle, LJ Hooker - do any of them love Manly??
    Are there any entrepreneurs in mining, trade or sales who are rich and love Manly?
    Any law firm owners?
    Any drug dealers who are rich and love the Eagles?
    Any media chiefs?
    What about the owner of the Newport Arms?
    Or people who live in multi million dollar homes at Palm Beach and Bower st? I live on Bower st but I ain't rolling in cash.

I know times are tough for Joe Average but rich people are out there and they could be Manly fans. We want your money

2. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Sarah Murdoch would have them all covered. She's an Eagle Angel, maybe time to step up to Guardian Angel status.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Tony Abbott

• Like Like x 2
  4. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Owners or sponsors cannot be a party to a third party arrangement, it all has to be at arm's length from the club, and the player has to be actually involved in a form of employment with the third party guarantor, eg promoting products.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lord Eagleton

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    That makes sense. I'm sure a few highly paid function appearances could be organised
    [hr]
    Unsure if he is rich enough. If we're talking politicians I'm thinking Eddie Obeid kind of rich

6. Peter C

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    Actually the Brisbane Broncos were complaining that because they have so many sponsors, it diluted their number of third party sponsors, go figure.

• Like Like x 1
  7. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    We simply can't compete with the Bulldogs on drug dealers and corrupt politicians.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Brookie

Brookie Well-Known Member

Swinger Hill
    Ratings:
    +216 / 4
  9. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    The "Eagles Nest" retention Fund.
    Have a retention party each year where these lucky players get talk to us/sponsors and members clients maybe...Promotion Day...Charities

Set up with money from
    1. A Listers as above
    and
    2. Members/supporters wanting to tip in....... 3 categories
    a)$1000 per year - Gold
    b) $500 per year - Silver
    c) $250 per year - Bronze

I don't know but we gotta do something or the Dogs, Rooters and Broncos will get all the best.....

10. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    It is the most complicated and strange arrangement I have ever come across. On one hand it is not associated with the club, but on the other hand lockyer could be on say $300k at the broncos, and have $450k in third parties (ballpark figures), meaning he had income that was appropriate for a player of his quality, but a small contract. Nothing to do with the club of course. It's like a monty python sketch.

11. Peter C

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +742 / 16
    And that is exactly what was happening there, from memory i think he was on the books for $250,000

12. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,752 / 258
    But was doing (and still is) a LOT of advertising for companies up here, you can bet that much of that was TPA income.

13. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    I believe we have a Lord as a fan, surely he can pay up

• Like Like x 1
  14. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    I think Richie Rich is a Manly fan.

• Like Like x 1
  15. niccipops

niccipops un echidna spillo mia bevanda Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,521 / 50
    I've been rolling in my money. It was a bit ouchy and now I've got all these tiny echidna imprints and number 5s on my skin. :p
    Go Manly! Sign Gift.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Lord Eagleton

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    Paul Dracakis!
    I knew this thread would work :) Somehow Paul Dracakis has heard the call. Good on you mate

17. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Isn't his agent's job to get sponsor's for Gifty?

• Like Like x 1