1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digging up fossils

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by cherry_poppins, Sep 5, 2013.

1. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Why is it every year around origin that the papers look up a bloke whose been irrelevant for my entire lifetime to wag his tongue about the boring cliche of the cattle dog call?

Or this new trend, the toofless ones him Redfern are in and around the finals,let's dig up Piggins again and hear him bitch and moan about the new owners of the club he supposedly loves but won't attend a game of because of a childish feud,if I was Piggins I'd be at every game regardless of who owns the club, the club is alive That's the most important thing

Here's my question for Piggins and dopey Tommy, who do you think gives the slightest of f**** about what you think? You're an irrelevant relic hiding under the guise of passion for things you probably care little about, when they come to dig you up next year please don't rehash your tired,bull****,thanks

[Edit - Mind the language]

2. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    Agree, it's boring, and the same stories and articles get recycled every couple of years.

3. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,549 / 32
    Scientists have recently discovered the remains of a 3.4 billion year old single cell organism in Australia. It's called Warren Ryan...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    If you dislike the terrible journalism so much (& you are right to do so), why keep buying the paper? It's not even a passable source of actual news. The only way to stop these gimps is to just ignore them completely.

5. Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 24
    I must admit, i do have a good laugh when i constantly see articles about George Piggins dislike of Crowe and not attending Souths games. There was that one today about him not attending the grand final, if they make it, because ''he hates Russell Crowe so much''
    Lol i actually broke out into laughter when i read that. Such a cranky old fart letting his pride get in the way of reality. He is so far gone he's now funny to me

6. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    I give a **** when Tommy speaks and I know many others who are the same, a great character of the game

• Like Like x 1
  7. kingyfan

kingyfan Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Having ex players like Tommy speak keeps the game in touch with its traditions which should never be forgotten.

When Arko speaks every Manly supporter takes notice. No different if Piggins or Tommy speak

• Like Like x 1
  8. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    What kind of cell is it? Obviously not a brain cell...

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,841 / 103
    C.P.
    You are probably not old enough to have watched George or Tommy play. Both are still more relevant than a bunch of the Gen Ys (or Gen Why Not Me) playing today. Certainly they are both a lot more interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    The difference between Tommy and Arko is that Arko can actually speak.

11. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    Tommy is a legend. I love hearing him. Says exactly what he thinks, he cracks me up.

12. cherry_poppins

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    He thinks rich people drink Expresso coffee FFS
    He is dumber than Josh Dugan

13. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I do not care if he is dumb or not. He is a character.

14. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Dumb people are also allowed an opinion, if not half on this forum wouldn't get a start

• Like Like x 2
  15. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 26
    I've heard many a smarter person than Tommy use the term expresso.

As a coffee snob myself I don't like hearing it but I wouldn't hold it against anyone that says it.

16. cherry_poppins

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    I for one despise coffee and think it tastes like emu defecant

But even i know rich people dont drink Expresso coffee

17. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Love tommy, love george even more. Tommy is just tommy, a champion footy bloke who doesnt take himself too seriously. Something a lot of people can learn from

And George took on rupert and kicked his arse. He saved souths with his own cash in the same way Max did, and is one of the few players that put back in to rugby league rather than the many who see it as an opportunity to take take take. But after he saved them a rival ticket hired private invesitgators to go through his rubbish and run a a smear campaign against him

Im sure george will probably look back and think he may have done some things better but hey

Souths crowe and holmes have made feeble attempts to get george back. They need to get the whole club, hundreds of fans to camp outside his house and chant georgie, georgie and chair him to the club. He is that good

without george none of them would be there
    [hr]
    We ball get old cherry, careful what you wish for

• Like Like x 1
  18. Las Vegas Blvd

Las Vegas Blvd Active Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Should never disrespect these two men , played in a very tough era

19. cherry_poppins

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Some will agree some will disagree

This new Piggins article tells souths players he doesn't care but he's supposedly the saviour of the club,if Crowe and HAC don't buy souths out they never survive and compete at this level

Personally i think our half owner is a bit of a spoilt brat however it won't stop me from attending and screaming my heart out for my team on the off chance that whatever i scream helps them win even a regular competition game,Piggins might have beaten News Limited but he wasn't beating teams on the field,having a competitive set of owners and bank balance is what is winning them games,he may have been trying and have had worked his ass off but the man was fighting a losing battle going to these 2 blokes constantly hat in hand,eventually the 2 get tired of it and want some control for their hard earned which is understandable to most,except Georgie

He may be a legend but digging him up every year to tell his story all over again is tiresome at best and at worst at least for his club detrimental,passion for the club shouldn't be about whose running the show but instead in the blood

Piggins should ask himself,What would Beaver Menzies do?

20. Shoe1

Shoe1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,649 / 74
    I have no respect for piggins, couldn't stand him as a player.