Dessie set to seal new deal with Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Says who?
Everybody

If there is no get out clause for the club if certain performance criteria are not met, they're dumber than I thought. And trust me, that's pretty dumb.

Not since the NE days have I seen a Manly side so bereft of a clue. Especially in defence. I long for the mid-90's Pepsi days when we would concede 1 try per game at the most.

I can't help thinking if this was the EPL, Des would've been sacked last year. Those bastards are ruthless.

If there is no get out clause for the club if certain performance criteria are not met, they're dumber than I thought. And trust me, that's pretty dumb.

Not since the NE days have I seen a Manly side so bereft of a clue. Especially in defence. I long for the mid-90's Pepsi days when we would concede 1 try per game at the most.

I can't help thinking if this was the EPL, Des would've been sacked last year. Those bastards are ruthless.
This was from Rothfield tonight, as expected given Hasler doesn’t have much room to negotiate:

“As I wrote this morning the new contract will have termination clause that Des didn’t originally want to sign. He can be sacked at any time without full pay out”.

I dont know if its right or wrong but the timing is not good

Maybe they thought announcing it might give fans hope. Im not sure that it still has the same appeal it once did

Team list tuesday tomorrow unlikely to instill hope

Let's face it nothing Des or the club does this week will give us hope, the only thing that will is a redeeming performance against the over-hyped Bunnies. And by redeeming I mean a win.

This was from Rothfield tonight, as expected given Hasler doesn’t have much room to negotiate:

“As I wrote this morning the new contract will have termination clause that Des didn’t originally want to sign. He can be sacked at any time without full pay out”.
So the acid is on Des to perform otherwise it’s gonski for him

That’s exactly what is needed. Faith not turmoil. Despite all the ****show of the last few months of football, this makes me smile a little.

Trust and time. No point letting the media throw des to the wolves and pick up - improvising as we go - a random coach. He’s barely been able to change the squad due to the pre-existing cap conditions/already-signed players. Also the trbo/fainu situations of the last two years, as well as 2020’s shocking injury list has crippled our once growing confidence. We are at a low at the moment and maybe for the next month. It might take a while, but we will refind form at one point...

But only with trust.

Even if people think it’s stupid, this is the best time to show some faith to Des imo, it’s time some players buckle down and buy in. (And for Des to make some selection changes!)

I don't want Des gone or I'm not a Des hater at all. But the timing of this all just annoys me a lot. Right after getting flogged 46-4, with reserve graders in our starting 17, we are discussing and finalising a contract extension for him. Push it away for now, notify to him that we need results and better performances before we even discuss this s*. Wake him up a bit so he doesn't just mumble in press conferences after our team gets their a handed to them. Has nobody in our head office paid attention to our last 9 months. There are a handful of reasons why I wouldn't mind persisting with Des. But I do also have a handful of reasons I don't see him being the viable option for us moving us forward. I just feel like the game has gone past him, and his gameplan is not only not working for us anymore but it's just downright affecting some of our best players like Jake and DCE. Selections is also another obvious reason which goes part in parcel with the biggest reason and that's not giving our youth a chance. His old school selection tactic of experience over youth has really been messing with us. And with us having one of the best junior pathways in rugby league with some big youngsters coming through the ranks, I'm scared that his stupid selection tactic is going to annoy these youngsters with big potential and then they happen to get poached by souths or chooks and turn into superstars.

Is this fact? Wondering how believable Rothfield is, or just speculation.

Aside from that, I find it rather odd timing to be giving Des a new deal within days of coming off a 40 point loss. A reward for poor performance? Shouldn't contract talks be put on hold till when/if things improve. Very weird.

Last edited:
I don't want Des gone or I'm not a Des hater at all. But the timing of this all just annoys me a lot. Right after getting flogged 46-4, with reserve graders in our starting 17, we are discussing and finalising a contract extension for him. Push it away for now, notify to him that we need results and better performances before we even discuss this s*.
Pretty much my thoughts, I'm with you.

It's interesting;

In that Dan Walsh article from nrl.co'n', the information is much the same as all the attn grabbing headlines from yesterday.

Dan's article is "Extension is imminent, going through some issues, Des wary of kpi's, Manly wary of no get out clauses.'

The garbage pail of newsprint, the DT...with chief bin dwelling oscar, drunk boi phil, has the same info but the much more 'delicious' headlines and hyperbole.

"No signing yet! No in-depth comments from either side! Des refusing performance clauses! Manly scared of the barrett exit repeat!" etc etc etc.

Read the Australian article in another thread.

2 more years

Imagine how long he would have signed for if we won 10 of the last 11 games instead of losing them

I thought that Manly was results based business?

All comes down to no one will coach Manly with our salary cap restraints and no other team will hire Des. So match made in heaven for us.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8