Dessie has signed for 2 more years (official)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Des Hasler signs new contract at Manly but the pressure remains​

The finer details of Des Hasler’s new contract at Manly are intriguing and will keep the pressure on the premiership-winning coach to turn the club’s fortunes around.

Des Hasler needs to make the finals this year to guarantee his position at the Sea Eagles in 2023.
The Sea Eagles announced a contract extension on Thursday night for the respected mentor but after months of negotiations we can reveal the intriguing finer details of the deal.

Hasler – whose contract was due to expire at the end of this year — will be Manly’s coach next season – regardless of where his team finishes this year.

However as part of the negotiations, a performance clause has been inserted into this season’s deal. What that means is Hasler can extend his contract into 2023 but needs to finish in the top eight this year to do so.

It is understood performance clauses will mean the deal could be further extended into 2024 should the Sea Eagles become a genuine premiership threat.

The deal is a smart one for the Sea Eagles. Good performance will be rewarded but they ensure they aren’t forced to payout an exuberant amount to Hasler should things sour.

After last weekend’s resounding loss to the Roosters, the Sea Eagles are going to need a dramatic change in fortune to ensure they don’t miss the finals for a second straight year.

The Sea Eagles are $2.60 to finish in the top eight.

“I am very glad to have the opportunity to continue working with this high calibre group of players we have now and those who will emerge in the near future through our Pathways Program,’’ Hasler said in a statement on Thursday night. “I am confident of delivering further success to the Manly club. There is a great future ahead for the Sea Eagles.”

Also at the Sea Eagles, a few people’s eyebrows were raised when they reached an agreement with highly regarded but injured ex-Warriors hooker Karl Lawton.

The Sea Eagles have landed a real bargain in Lawton, paying next to nothing this year and a heavily discounted amount next year.

The Warriors reluctantly agreed to the deal as they were desperate to create a roster space. Lawton provides much needed cover for the Sea Eagles who are confident he will make a full recovery from a torn Achilles around round 10.

I’m not convinced Des is the future but I probably get his extension IF what we believe is true , it’s a performance based contract.

Because it’s as sure as **** if nothing changes three more years of this is going to be very difficult to take .

Anyway , I’ll support him for the time being.

Interesting info about the Lawton deal.

I wonder if it may somehow be related to the favour we did the Warriors by letting them have AFB without a fuss?
It wouldn’t surprise me if the Gould / Hasler relationship has something to do with the AFB and now Lawton arrangements.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8