Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's lift the gloom a bit. How good was Cherry's try in the grand final?!? 'watch my hands - watch my hands - no no no don't watch my feet - watch my hands - oh dear I seem to have scored'. And we'll be watching him do that for years regardless of who the coach is.

MadMarcus said:
Jolores said:
Mybludog said:
Just got told that Steve Gigg said an hour ago that Des agreed to tes last night. Chill out people. Let's wait n see

What is tes?

Terry Hill to coach Manly in 2013?

What a ssssssscoop!

No no - Matty Orford!!!

Mybludog said:
Just got told that Steve Gigg said an hour ago that Des agreed to terms last night. Chill out people. Let's wait n see

I've got a pretty reliable source says he's definitely signed with Dogs.

Come on guys, if Des goes he goes, good luck to him. At Brookvale, when infighting occurs its a war of words, at Belmore its war with live ammo.

I've got a pretty reliable source who says that Cleatus the FOX NFL robot has already signed to terms to be Manly's new head coach.

fox-nfl-robot-transformer2.jpg

Oooh yeah.

Townsville Eagle said:
Come on guys, if Des goes he goes, good luck to him. At Brookvale, when infighting occurs its a war of words, at Belmore its war with live ammo.
Possibly even suicide bombers.

Jolores said:
Haha good on brother. By the way no need to bring in religion into it. Oh hows the premiership celeberation going?'

ParramattaEel said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
DoggiesBrah said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Yep that's another thing that will happen too ppl will not renew memberships

Doggies will take you with open arms my poor friend, fear not!

Lol no trolling for fans, sorry pal I don't eat Halal and I love bacon

A bit racist don't you think.

Who are you stepan kerkyasharian ? anyway go to your own forum you grub, and discuss the last 25 years since you won anything

Wolfpack said:
I've got a pretty reliable source who says that Cleatus the FOX NFL robot has already signed to terms to be Manly's new head coach.

fox-nfl-robot-transformer2.jpg

Oooh yeah.

Make jokes all you want mate but he's close to the players.

Phantar said:
Townsville Eagle said:
Possibly even suicide bombers.
Very funny Phantar:D:D:D

Dessie 08 just went past my work. I got excited. This massive eagle going by. What a sight to behold. Des cant leave if he has a bus named after him.

Central Coast Eagle said:
@[conanu] how about you wait until a little bit more facts are known before you jump the gun and make statements like that.

I remember reading an article somewhere saying that des was concerned about the lack of funding for the lower grades and junior development. Maybe just maybe this has something to do with it too?

I hope i am made out to be an absolute knob for saying it but mate lets get real he is goooorne.

I obviously will love him unconditionally if he stays but if he goes its pure hatred and thats just how i am. No matter how manyt challenges or mouths to feed i will hate him and he needs to know that. God forbid how i will carry on if this is confirmed cause i have a few things i would like to get off my chest.

RE: Solution to keep Des Hasler

amrak said:
bob dylan said:
Let him go if he wants.

I saw Fulton go in 77 and in 78 Manly were Premiers.

Life goes on.

You are dreaming in 77 and 78 Manly were rolling in money so they could lose Fulton and still have a top team the truth is in 2011 you have no money and Des can't wait to get out and the silence coming out of the club is deafening. Mr private school boy with red face is looking foolish

OneEyedEagle said:
Bellamy will be at the scumdogs in 2013

Keep typing it and you may even convince yourself

Who is this knob?

What an almighty come down..... From being absolutely pumped and proud to again be premiers , to feeling gutted and empty . All in less than a week !

Anyway , I've always believed in the " In Dessie We Trust " motto. So until I hear him say it with my own ears , I will keep the faith .

DoggiesBrah said:
WAMF said:
DoggiesBrah said:
Thankyou Thankyou my Sea Eagle friends, first the HAZ then the CRUSHA, then all the players to follow. Sounds like a sweet deal if you ask me?

DAMN it's good being rich :D

UP THE DOGGIES

Pork kebabs for lunch?

OH BRO We got plenty to munch on at ANZ Stadium!! Don't worry you can leave Brookvale behind man that place is a dump!

KEBABS ROLLS FALAFEL DEZZIE THE LOT!

Who let this idiot out of his box!!

dceagle said:
What an almighty come down..... From being absolutely pumped and proud to again be premiers , to feeling gutted and empty . All in less than a week !

Anyway , I've always believed in the " In Dessie We Trust " motto. So until I hear him say it with my own ears , I will keep the faith .

I'm gutted at the moment. I don't think I would feel this way had we lost the GF on Sunday.

lloydy said:
Jamie Lyon captain coach

Actually with Crusher also rumoured to be going, I think Killer would be the most likely to leave before his contract finishes. I don't think for a second he'd go to the Dogs or another NRL club, just head over to the UK.

Well if its true that Dessie is leaving, and it is appearing more and more likely that it is true, then the Manly Board should be hung from the Spit Bridge for treason. As for Des, he has earnt the right to a trial by judge and jury of Manly faithful before a decision is made on whether he should join the board at the Spit.

Yesterday, we were the number one propect in the NRL for any major corporate sponsor. We won the grand final which will translate to more prime time television exposure next season, we have such depth in our young playing roster that continued success was probable, we have the best young half back to play the game for a long time who will not only draw in a whole new generation of young Manly fans but is also media friendly and a marketing dream, ditto our 5/8.

It has taken a long time to get to this point where we can finally generate some significant revenue. We have just managed to destroy that opportunity overnight because we are now a very risky, unstable option. The board should not have allowed this to play out like it is and at the very least should now be acting swiftly to deal with it.

A proffesional board would not be sitting silently allowing a media and fan frenzy to tear their company apart. Delay means disaster and they should have been on the front foot to show they are in control of the situation, they are have a plan, and its business as usual. Nobody is indespensible and just as it was when Des went from half to hooker to leaving Manly as a player, there was another Manly legend or two waiting in the wings to take it to the next level.

By the way, I have always thought that one day Tooves would be regarded as Manly's greatest and most succesful coach of all time. As captain, I rate him as our greatest leader on the field, as coach he will undoubtadly be the same. If for whatever reason he choses not to take the reigns, then enter the greatest number 6 to ever play the game who according to Jason Ferris recently, is the greatest coach he has ever played under.

So where is the leadership team at Manly? The silence is deafening.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8