Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyone going to the Awards night tonight?
Should be mind blowing now :dodgy:

So much for Des and Hopa's appreciation of all that Manly and the Fans have enabled them to achieve. :mad:

If he is going it it should be in 2012, as he is obviously only staying under sufference of legal issues. Lets hope that the self-serving Greek bastard is gone from the Peninsular as well!

The King is dead, long live the King!
Will have to get a 'No one likes us - not even Dessie' T-shirt at the Brookvale Show on Sunday :p

Manly has the Winning Culture, lets throw our support behind whoever loves Manly as much as we do.

DoggiesBrah said:
zambuck said:
des is going on a reported 1mill a year where do these clubs get the coin

When you're awesome, you bring in the big bucks, as will Hasler in '13.

Lovin it bro :heart:

Cocaine is a big seller down banstown way, lots of needles too

I am as upset as the next person about Des leaving but would the players be really upset if they knew Tooves was going to be the next coach? He has been around the club forever so I am sure the players would and should be just as confident in his abilities. Why would players leave to follow a coach if the nucleus of a premiership winning team is the same? I would rather stay in a team that has the ability to win week in/week out than play for a team that really has no chance of making the Top 8. Why would Foran/DCE want to break their combination when they have the ability to take Manly to the top for years to come? So many questions but hoping the Manly players can ride out the storm and look to the shining light that is at the end of the tunnel if Tooves comes onboard.

Cannot believe why all you people are believing anything written in the papers especially the daily bull****. Des is staying simple as that stop panicking or listening to these morons from other clubs who are desperately trying to cause unrest.

mickqld said:
Cannot believe why all you people are believing anything written in the papers especially the daily bull****. Des is staying simple as that stop panicking or listening to these morons from other clubs who are desperately trying to cause unrest.
Why are you so sure?

mickqld said:

We wanted to believe what was in the SMH but that outfit lacks as much credibility as the DT.

According to the official Manly Page on Facebook, nothing has been confirmed and they will release an official press statement to clarify any speculation tommorow. Guess we need to wait til then. Ah well, back to playing Rage.

DoggiesBrah said:
zambuck said:
des is going on a reported 1mill a year where do these clubs get the coin

When you're awesome, you bring in the big bucks, as will Hasler in '13.

Lovin it bro :heart:

He won't win you ****!!! Remember that your current crew of players will start to **** themselves now, most won't have a job.

Get ready for it mate because as of tomorrow:

Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs - The NEW Silvertails.

Just sayin. Does anyone remember before round 1 in 2009, that the Dog fans were going to start a rapist chant if Stewart played. Can't believe he is going to that club.

Manly chairman Scott Penn has worked his butt off trying to get Hasler to stay beyond 2012. “Eventually we got him the money he wanted and the terms he wanted but about three weeks ago I felt he may go.

“I believe Des is seeking new challenges and that there are no mountains for him to climb at Manly.

“If it happens it is a sad day for the club and we haven’t contemplated the next step.

“Des Hasler is a man of his word and he will coach at Manly next season,” Penn said.

This part of Peters' article says Hasler was given everything he asked for yet it looks like he's turned his back on it. Obviously there are some major problems at head office. Call me captain obvious.

Funny how this article appears only 30 minutes later than the news article in the dt. IMO Peters knows exactly what Des is doing.

Im at sixes and sevens to know why Dog fans are flooding our forum ? Do you guys really have nothing better to do ? It looks certain that you guys have Des, celebrate it on your own page ! There isnt any need to gloat about it. We have a great assistant coach waiting in the wings, and no doubt he will do a great job, possibly better than Des. You have a fine coach now, just know that your money spent on a premiership wont come straight away ! It shows what kind of supporters you are by being on this forum.

mickqld said:

I hope you're right, Mick, but even the SMH (who originally said he was staying) are now saying it's a done deal. It hasn't felt right to me from the beginning, so I'll be very surprised if he stays.
Very disappointed that it's all come down to money. Des is Manly through and through. He has no ties to the Bulldogs. But obviously they don't care - they're happy to shaft Dymock - and neither does Des. And if coaches are all about "Show me the money!" (did Des really say that?), how can we ever expect players to be any different?

Ron E. Gibbs said:
mickqld said:

I hope you're right, Mick, but even the SMH (who originally said he was staying) are now saying it's a done deal. It hasn't felt right to me from the beginning, so I'll be very surprised if he stays.
Very disappointed that it's all come down to money. Des is Manly through and through. He has no ties to the Bulldogs. But obviously they don't care - they're happy to shaft Dymock - and neither does Des. And if coaches are all about "Show me the money!" (did Des really say that?), how can we ever expect players to be any different?

Apparently he did. Sounds kinda crass now doesn't it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10