Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly should be on the front foot straight away and make sure a deal is tabled to crusher straight away, and any players that are off contract or with out clauses brought in and have talks with ASAP

Keep the players together with crusher and new coach we would be ok I think

Bit late for that.

Enjoy the premiership, i was gutted yes, but we can move on ! Toovesw if given the gig i believe could be a better coach than Des, sometimes change works out better, and its almost time for change in our club ! The lingering crap with Gallop and Brett is beyong annoying now ! The truth will come out eventually ! That means the dogs have paid alot of money for a coach were we can take in tooves for decent money and be happy, were not in a blackhole money wise, we just need to retain our players now, and with tooves business brain this can happen !

BOZO said:
amrak said:
Suck it up bitches your club is falling apart next to leave is crusher and T williams how funny it is. This is Mr Loyalty Des Hasler what a joke your club has become enjoy your premiership as it is your last. Put this in the bank Des WON'T be coaching you next year he will be coaching the dogs lmfao:D
Hey Cock Head you paid $300,000 for Hodkinson and we came up with DCE who held this years premiership trophy . If Hasler goes there is no tougher or fiercer competitor then Toovey. The moral of the story is you can buy a player or a coach but you will never buy our Sea Eagels winning spirit . :D:D:D

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Eagles2nv said:
torana355 said:
Does anyone know if DCE or Foran have get out clauses in their contracts?

Acoording to rleague.com

Three players also have get-out clauses if Hasler leaves: Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Kieran Foran

so to answer ur question, foran does

Can't see Dogs fitting them all in as well

Dogs dont have a five eight, they may target Foran, the bigger issue is that Des has been around for so long, will they still want to play for us ? I think If manly make the innitiative and appoint tooves things will be ok !

No need to panic people. It is not so much Des leaving that is the issue but why? I don't think it is money as much as he is sick of the politics between the owners, the board, the Football club etc. In the end, a coach wants to coach the team, without all the other nonsense.

At times during Max Delmege's tumultuous time, he was livid with certain interferences and he is no doubt sick of it. The extra money and a new challenge are appealing.

The sky won't fall in on money. Des has built a great team and the culture of the club is essentially good. Get the right coach - over a year to start building - sort this stupid stuff out in the office and things should be rosey.

Don't panic about the Crusher thing, who will stay and go etc.

Sadly for us loyal fans, money is what is loyalty for players and that is what speaks loudest. However, Manly will bounce back and the core of this current team is a good lot.

I may be way off the mark but I get the feeling that with the previous owners, CEO etc it was very much a case of what ever DES wants DES gets. I think DES ran the club and what ever he says goes. ( I dont blame Des for this, Bellamy, bennant etc would be the same) Macro and Micro management skills are required to be truely succesful.

It would seem some on the board and the new CEO want to put a stop to this. Is this maybe what des is annoyed about?

Everybodies head is obviously spinning at a million miles an hour atm, including myself and it gots me thinking about a heap of diffierent scenarios. One being those release clauses. With as many as 6 of our star players currently have (and it will be Star players because lesser lights don't get those clauses in their contracts). I presume with things like that the player has only a limited amount of time to invoke the clause in their contract, so if say Player A is contract til 2016 and Des leaves in 2013, he can't use that clause in say 2015? Do we leave ourselves open for more pain if we let Des coach next year considering it leaves other clubs more room to move to get our players for 2013? If Des leaves immediately and those players have to activate that clause for the 2012 season, I can't see too many clubs have cap space to entice anyone, leave it another year and that situation could change significantly. arrggghhhh. Its doing my head in.

Manly has called a press conference to clarify speculation surrounding Hasler. Press conference will be tommorow (like the dogs) and the club is not commenting on anyhting until then

RE: NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

Phantar said:
ParramattaEel said:
Des Hasler to doggies. Wow what happend to the family friendly culture at your club. Seems all your players/coaches are money hungry.

Okay but with all honesty i'd take back any chance of you guys going back to back

I've been reading your posts with passing interest. Were you 'hiding behind the door' when the teachers taught that the letter 'i' is always a capital letter when used in a sentence, unless contained in a longer word? An exception to that rule is of course with 'I'd.' Your posts are riddled with that glaring error. Just lazy, or are you merely stupid?

Simple really. I could go on...
Funny guy. I type using my phone don't really bother with typing errors. Unless this is english class.

Eagles2nv said:
Manly has called a press conference to clarify speculation surrounding Hasler. Press conference will be tommorow (like the dogs) and the club is not commenting on anyhting until then
Have the thing now **** tomorrow

Eagles2nv said:

At least we will all have the facts then. Its going to be a long 24 hours.

I would imagine if it was good news they would do a press release BEFORE the awards night. The fact they are waiting til tomorrow worries me.

bones said:
I would imagine if it was good news they would do a press release BEFORE the awards night. The fact they are waiting til tomorrow worries me.

Exactly what I'am thinking.

From MWSE

Statement to be made tomorrow regarding Des Hasler
7/10/2011 11:59:34 AM
The Manly Sea Eagles will tomorrow (October 8th) make an official statement to clarify speculation surrounding coach Des Hasler’s coaching commitments beyond season 2012.

There will be no further statements made until this time.

Cant see why we need the suspense, maybe still undecided??
The 1 good thing is its all above board with no sly false pretences - tomorrow we get the answer & move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8