Des Hasler celebrates 200 games at the helm!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Have to say, well done Dessie!!

Awesome record as a coach, knows how to get the best out of a player or when a junior is ready to step up. Great leader and mentor of Manly!!

Let's go another 200!!

In his first year his win/loss record was somewhere around 35-40%. Not sure what it is now but id guess he is around 55%. Forget KPIs, he has done everything right along the way including damaging parramatta property. Life legend.

He just beats Bozo as my favourite all time Manly coach . Well done Dessie. His support of Brett Stewart over the last two years shows how awesome he is, and his results speak for themselves. About to qualify for the finals for the 7th straight year. No other club can say that. Heres to 200 more.

Awesome results and a great achievement from a true legend. Even his first season was respectable for a newcomer with a lowly outfit. We scored alot of points that season and finished with the wind in our sails.

Some have called him 'risk averse' but the loyalty he shows players is returned in spades.

His work ethic is very evident in the approach of the team this year. We are in shape to give this comp a shake!!!

Well done Mr Hasler sir!!

A lot of great comments about Des in this thread.
I have had the pleasure of bumping into our fearless leader on a few occasions, Des is a man who carries himself very well both on and away from the football field.
Congratulations on your milestone and may many a great victory come your way. You deserve it for all the work and effort you bring to whatever you undertake.

Well I didn't pick Utility Player as my forum name for nothing (was the title of Dessies book) my favorite all time player and not a bad coach to boot.

Why should Bellamy win it? Because he will win the minor premiership after losing so many players? Give me a break....The reason he lost so many players is because they were cheating and got caught. Why is it such a great coaching feat to be running first when you are on the same salary cap as everyone else? Coaches have been doing that since the salary cap started. The way the media go on about Bellamys acheivement this year anyone would think they have 5 or 6 less quality players less than everyone else now they have shed those players to fit under the cap. Hasler deserves to win it , if for no other reason than to get the award he should have received instead of the cheating Craig Bellamy in 2008. I wish they would stop talking like bellamy has had some sort of disadvantage this year. He didnt. He had a huge advantage the last five years.
Im sick of the Bellamy love fest. Its like saying it would be a great effort if Ben Johnson won a gold medal after coming clean of steroids.

Utility Player said:
Well I didn't pick Utility Player as my forum name for nothing (was the title of Dessies book) my favorite all time player and not a bad coach to boot.

what's the book like?

bones said:
Why should Bellamy win it? Because he will win the minor premiership after losing so many players? Give me a break....The reason he lost so many players is because they were cheating and got caught. Why is it such a great coaching feat to be running first when you are on the same salary cap as everyone else? Coaches have been doing that since the salary cap started. The way the media go on about Bellamys acheivement this year anyone would think they have 5 or 6 less quality players less than everyone else now they have shed those players to fit under the cap. Hasler deserves to win it , if for no other reason than to get the award he should have received instead of the cheating Craig Bellamy in 2008. I wish they would stop talking like bellamy has had some sort of disadvantage this year. He didnt. He had a huge advantage the last five years.
Im sick of the Bellamy love fest. Its like saying it would be a great effort if Ben Johnson won a gold medal after coming clean of steroids.

Totally agree. I wouldn't give it to Bellamy, just saying he will get it because thats what the media are pushing for. I think Dessie deserves it. Many predicted we wouldn't make the finals, yet he produced a handful of young stars and integrated them perfectly with our established stars to keep us at the top end of the table all year. Also you're right, although it's 'coach of the YEAR', his previous years where he was dudded should be taken into account.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8