Depth on edges / line speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

king2213

Reserve Grader
4 things I have noticed

1) No depth on our edges in attack / no line speed

2) our forwards are not running lines in behind the ruck to make easier meters

3) no line speed in defence

4) Barret has potential but it is evident he lacks experience in how to prepare a team week in week out ( no substitute for experience )

I'm calling for Brenton Lawrence to be dropped for Kalepi Tanginoa

Or Kelly to be dropped for Kelepi Tanginoa to play in the centres

Or Mathew Wright to replace Kelly in the centres and bring up a under 20 winger

4 things I have noticed

1) No depth on our edges in attack / no line speed

2) our forwards are not running lines in behind the ruck to make easier meters

3) no line speed in defence

4) Barret has potential but it is evident he lacks experience in how to prepare a team week in week out ( no substitute for experience )

I'm calling for Brenton Lawrence to be dropped for Kalepi Tanginoa

Or Kelly to be dropped for Kelepi Tanginoa to play in the centres

Or Mathew Wright to replace Kelly in the centres and bring up a under 20 winger

I was at the game today and totally agree our line speed and defence on the edges was non existant especially when depending on our line.
Lawrence was terrible as was Kelly.
But Wright been horrible and has been for weeks. We are desperately short of outside backs for Kelly and Wright to be playing first grade ATM.

Yet we have shown in games to be very gritty and resilient in defence, and one of the keys to our early success was the good lines we ran and we always supporter the ball carrier. The players wanted to get their hands on the ball. We can get it back, we are in a masdive form slump at the wrong time id the year with a few injuries.

We haven't played this bad the whole season. We were in 3rd after 18 rds for a reason. Hopefully we can turn it around in the next two weeks and go into semis with at least some form.

Yet we have shown in games to be very gritty and resilient in defence, and one of the keys to our early success was the good lines we ran and we always supporter the ball carrier. The players wanted to get their hands on the ball. We can get it back, we are in a masdive form slump at the wrong time id the year with a few injuries.

We haven't played this bad the whole season. We were in 3rd after 18 rds for a reason. Hopefully we can turn it around in the next two weeks and go into semis with at least some form.
Looking at some stats ...
We have won only 3 times playing quality teams in the top 8 . Cowboys one win and Roosters two wins
We have lost to the Storm the Broncos the Sharks the Eels the panthers .
It is obvious we need an injection of quality players to compete with the quality teams
images.png

Looking at some stats ...
We have won only 3 times playing quality teams in the top 8 . Cowboys one win and Roosters two wins
We have lost to the Storm the Broncos the Sharks the Eels the panthers .
It is obvious we need an injection of quality players to compete with the quality teams
View attachment 6321
The thing is we had the storm, broncos beat. Had lost to the eels and rabbitohs early evidently due to the new combinations. Were 100% robbed against the Panthers. We actually beat the sharks, although when we turn up against the good sides we've shown that we have the potential to thrash them (roosters, cowboys with jt, sharks, broncos first half, storm second half). I feel we have shown we can be a good side although have always struggled with consistency, 80 minutes and effort. That Panthers loss broke our back thanks to perenara, the players have appeared busted since doing all that defence back then. There is no doubt we have the potential to be a top 4 side although we just don't have the mentality yet obviously. Good news is that it's the first season this young side have had together, we'll only grow from here. With siro, taufua back and 2 quality (preferably experienced) signings we can be a real threat for the entire season.

In saying all this, the players still have received massive reality checks of late, and not that we have overachieved, but rather that we are underestimating and under-performing due to lacking effort, passion and organisation on the field

One thing I noticed today in the second half. At one point the Dogs threw a loose pass from dummy half and the ball went back around 10 metres. Hopoate actually had to go back to get it.

Not one Manly player moved up and put any pressure on him whatsoever. The whole line just stayed still and waited......fvcking waited, for him to get the ball and run back to them.

Other than Jake (as usual lately), there was absolutely no urgency in our defence today. None. I mean, for crying out loud we let the worst attacking team in the past 30 bloody years put 30 points on us.

The Roosters game aside , Manly the last 6 or so weeks have been the worst performing team in the competition . I can handle getting beat , what I can't handle is the rubbish that is being served up - and all the other teams seem to be building up & buying up for 2018 ...Winterstein ; Kelly ; Wright and Brown would NOT get a look in at any other NRL Team . Coincidentally our left edge. ( with Green who defends like jelly).
Manly need to get in some top QUALITY RECRUITS FOR 2018 ....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8