Departing players announced.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This thread is a bit of a laugh today. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but gee wiz

Vic Mauro,Glen Hall and Shane Rodney didn't win Clive Churchill medals but they all played a part in a premiership,not every player needs to be a star,grow up child
We have lost a lot of stars and need to replace them with stars and not with Leary's to be a star side once again feathered friend .

This thread is a bit of a laugh today. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but gee wiz
giphy.gif

The Penns in my opinion have done two things right. First to give Manly the money they needed to survive. More importantly bringing Fulton in to fix the mess they were making of the club.

There are things I dont like about what Fulton is doing such as his nepotism with his offspring getting jobs as recruitment etc people. I also think he's made some blunders especially with Gutherson, Knight. I dont know how much involvement he had in the Toovey issue because he came in after the Penns were already knifing him.

But Fulton did come in at a time when it looked as if Manly were definitely heading for the wooden spoon given who we were losing and the lack of new blood coming into the club. Whether you like DCE or not, he is a top tier half back and I believe we havent seen the best of him yet. Getting him back was a masterstroke. Sure there were some turkeys he brought to the club, but Taupau, Walker, Parcell, Tom Wright (Api was more Barrett), Fonua-Blake and even Myles are quality players and several will be in Manly's future climb back to the top. They wouldnt be with Manly but for Fultons involvement, and he did it with a shoe string budget given the backend contract issue with our former champion side. Sacrifices had to be made.

Add to that he is not scared to cull savagely where needed. The serious injury toll was not his fault but it revealed Manly's deficiencies big time. If we had kept our best side on the field we would have been well in the top 8, not winners but seriously competitive.

As a realistic businessman he knew what he had to do, even if it made him unpopular. For me he is following the Gould template. Whether he'll be as successful is conjectural, but things could have been much worse without his intervention.

He's a hard liner and isnt in it to get quick applause or to win a popularity contest. He makes the hard decisions, and I like that. I think he is what Manly needed at a serious crisis point in our history
Ummm...I'm PRETTY sure you have been warned before about making sense and being objective on this forum. Please include some kind of reactionary rant next time. I was seriously disoriented for a moment there...

Other than playing different positions he showed more potential than Hall,Hall and his idiot mate Bryant were numpties who stood on the back of giants to grab some spotlight all for themselves,how many origins did he play?

Mauro tackled and tackled and tackled and made the attacking blueprint for Josh Starling

Leary is a discount Jamie Buhrer but whose available even at the level of Leary?
I agree about Leary to some extent - he brings enthusiasm and energy MOST of the time he steps onto the park. He was needed to fill that fringe role, and he did it quite well. We need players like him that get paid a minimum (or close to) wage, play 2/3rds of their game sin reserve grade, but are very capable when called upon. Seems odd that we let him go, really. He was also well-liked among the group apparently.

I agree about Leary to some extent - he brings enthusiasm and energy MOST of the time he steps onto the park. He was needed to fill that fringe role, and he did it quite well. We need players like him that get paid a minimum (or close to) wage, play 2/3rds of their game sin reserve grade, but are very capable when called upon. Seems odd that we let him go, really. He was also well-liked among the group apparently.
Yeah the playing group are sure going to miss his chip and chase plays from dummy half.

thanks Cherry, the new avatar is cool, not freakin me out at all ... I can't handle clowns they give me the creeps !

The Penns in my opinion have done two things right. First to give Manly the money they needed to survive. More importantly bringing Fulton in to fix the mess they were making of the club.

There are things I dont like about what Fulton is doing such as his nepotism with his offspring getting jobs as recruitment etc people. I also think he's made some blunders especially with Gutherson, Knight. I dont know how much involvement he had in the Toovey issue because he came in after the Penns were already knifing him.

But Fulton did come in at a time when it looked as if Manly were definitely heading for the wooden spoon given who we were losing and the lack of new blood coming into the club. Whether you like DCE or not, he is a top tier half back and I believe we havent seen the best of him yet. Getting him back was a masterstroke. Sure there were some turkeys he brought to the club, but Taupau, Walker, Parcell, Tom Wright (Api was more Barrett), Fonua-Blake and even Myles are quality players and several will be in Manly's future climb back to the top. They wouldnt be with Manly but for Fultons involvement, and he did it with a shoe string budget given the backend contract issue with our former champion side. Sacrifices had to be made.

Add to that he is not scared to cull savagely where needed. The serious injury toll was not his fault but it revealed Manly's deficiencies big time. If we had kept our best side on the field we would have been well in the top 8, not winners but seriously competitive.

As a realistic businessman he knew what he had to do, even if it made him unpopular. For me he is following the Gould template. Whether he'll be as successful is conjectural, but things could have been much worse without his intervention.

He's a hard liner and isnt in it to get quick applause or to win a popularity contest. He makes the hard decisions, and I like that. I think he is what Manly needed at a serious crisis point in our history
That makes too much sense, the flock will never wear it!

Fulton's time has past

He needs to **** off

Letting Knight and Leary go was stupid,Leary however may be a bit too similar to Buhrer

Myles should've been first culled

I hope we get some big props in i want meters

I can appreciate your frustration Cherry. Not one of our best years.

But what would have happened if Fulton hadnt stepped in. The Penns and their recruiters didnt seem to have a clue. They had lost Foran, let DCE go, had thrown Toovey aside for an untried coach, and were overseeing a virtual players revolt. We probably would not have got any of those players Fulton secured. We were looking down the barrel and no one wanted to come here.

I'm not saying Futon hasnt made mistakes as seen from our perspective. But sheesh what would have happened if he hadnt come on board. Personally I was looking at a Manly side at the bottom for several years. If you think the Penns had a better option please advise.

I heard some news today from Bob Fulton himself (not directly to me), that we will be VERY happy with who has "already" signed with us moving forward.

He also re-affirmed that Barrett is a fantastic coach, who was extremely unlucky this year.

So there is that, I suppose. Just a matter of "when" we will hear about it.

I heard some news today from Bob Fulton himself (not directly to me), that we will be VERY happy with who has "already" signed with us moving forward.

He also re-affirmed that Barrett is a fantastic coach, who was extremely unlucky this year.

God I hope it's not the Nate Myles kind of happy. Holding breath. Fingers crossed. Was this information second hand or further down the chain Ryan?

Talk about throwing raw meat to the lions. The baying throng will be tripping over each other to feast on this

Thanks mate for the news, im so excited for who it is.

Make no mistake, he said no names. Please don't put me under that pressure. All he said, is everyone will be "extremely happy" with who has ALREADY signed.
No pressure Ryan but did he give any indication as to who it may be?

Make no mistake, he said no names. Please don't put me under that pressure. All he said, is everyone will be "extremely happy" with who has ALREADY signed.
Is bold use of ALREADY an anagram? Or rhyming slang? Or code of some sort?

Is bold use of ALREADY an anagram? Or rhyming slang? Or code of some sort?

Nah, that's probably the main thing I took out of it - that they had already signed. I just repeated it because I feel there has been trepidation on these boards that we aren't able to sign people - we obviously are.

At least we can take that off the table if Fulton was being truthful, and I'd have no reason to believe he would mislead.

Sounds like Deja vu .... I really want to get excited about 2017 and eventually I will, However, they got me excited about 2016 and we all know how that ended up. If Ryan's news is good I Just hope it is not some one as good as Nate Myles and I hope super coach twent can get the best out of that player. He hasn't been able to do that with any of our "big" signings so far. As far as I can see just about every player on our roster went backwards this year. Isn't it the job of a coach to make players better?

Anyway, thanks Ryan, fingers crossed that hopefully we signed a real good one.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8