1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deja vus

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matabele, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Raiders led 18-0 at halftime with a 3-2 penalty count in their favour.

Now it is 18-10 and the penalty count is 3-7.  The Broncos have been perfect for 30 minutes while the Raiders cough up 5 penalties.  Sound familiar?

Bloody refs.

2. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    ive watched probably 13 out of 16 games this season and i think we have had only one blow out scoreline and that was soffs vs the chickens last sunday.

It seems every time a team gets a roll on and sprints away to a lead the losing side gets a leg up (through penalties) back in the game

Funny how all we are hearing in the media and an espeically the section owned by news ltd is how close the games have been this year

I smell a massive rat.

3. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Deja Moo more like it

(the feeling ive come across this bullsh1t before for those unsure)

and i was thinking the exact same thing on the drive home from work listening to the second half

4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,801 / 122
    It couldn't be true, if a conspiracy is the suggestion. Media interests do want close games but the refs aren't clever enough to pull that off. The more likely explanation is poor eyesight (and general incompetence).

5. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Betting has become a major fixture now too. And noone is above putting money on one way or another.

Another thing to, it seems hard that the betting agencies can make money any other way with the live betting that is now in the game. Alot of big players would be hedging there bets during the game.

For instance, if Manly at 2.20 for the win and Parra are at 1:50. Manly start to win, all those that put money on parra are looking at Manly (now at 1.80) as an escape. The bookies don't make as much money anymore, so what do that do? makes sure that they don't get the 1.80 but the original 1.5.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    Has Fro been on here to correct the spelling or is he only adept in English or not as pedantic as me.

Deja vous!!!!!  You could be on to something. Even the Canbra game tonight was the same. What really galls me is refs asking the men on the box what the count it. They should just ref what is in front of them.

7. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    I'm not French CW :)

and fortunately I dont live in CANBERRA either.

8. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Nothing wrong living in Canberra!

9. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    And you keep telling yourself that Goldie :)

10. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    Funny Fro. Your mob go to Canberra in the middle of winter to enjoy the milder temps.  :D

11. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I have to confess this present generation is corrupting me.  Near enough is good enough.

But when it comes to Canberra, or inland NSW in general, you can nenver be far enough away.

12. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    it's cold here Matas but we don't get the wind...............or the politicians :)